ForumsForum GamesChampion of Chiakor

325 75485
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

The Beginning
You grew up in the small village of Chiakor, a remote village with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds.
Every year for as long as you can remember, your village has chosen a champion to send to the cursed Demon Realm.

Legend has it that in years Chiakor has failed to produce a champion, chaos has reigned over the countryside. Children disappear, crops wilt, and disease spreads like wildfire. This year, you have been selected to be the champion.

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?
Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Stats for the game include:
Strength - Increases your damage and enables the Strong Back perks if high enough.
Toughness - Increases your health points and enables the Tank and Regeneration perks if high enough.
Speed - Increases you chances to evade attacks, certain encounters and to run from a fight. Also enables the Evasion and Runner perks if high enough.
Intelligence - Increase the chance to withstand certain encounters. Spells are also easier to learn and cast.
Corruption - Shows how corrupt you've become since entering the Demon Realm. If high enough, you won't be known as the nice guy anymore. Nice thoughts and actions will be harder to perform if corruption becomes too high. Anger rises a lot faster when more corrupt.
Fatigue - Determines whether or not skills and spells can be used. Waiting, resting, and sleeping reduce fatigue.
Hit points - Your life. If it reaches 0, your enemy will find a way to corrupt your mind or body in some way, adding to your corruption.

Every person is born with a gift. What's yours?
Strength - Are you stronger than normal? +5 to strength
Toughness - Are you unusually tough? +5 to toughness
Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed
Smarts - Are you a quick learner? +5 to intelligence
Endurance - Are you energetic? Recover from fatigue 50% faster

Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Alchemy - You spent some time as an alchemist's assistant, and alchemical items always seem to be more reactive in your hands. You are much more successful at making concoctions than the normal person, and can make others much more potent.
Fighting - You spent much of your time fighting other children, and you had plans to find work as a guard when you grew up. You do 10% more damage with physical attacks.
Healing - You often spent your free time with the village healer, learning how to tend to wounds. Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.
Schooling - You spent much of your time in school, and even begged the richest man in town, Mr. Savin, to let you read some of his books. You are much better at focusing, and spellcasting uses 20% less fatigue.
Slacking - You spent a lot of time slacking, avoiding work, and otherwise making a nuisance of yourself. Your efforts at slacking have made you quite adept at resting, and fatigue decreases 20% faster.
Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness by roughly 10%.

Feel free to ask questions, and have fun if you decide to try! Also, this game is story driven, and every person will have a similar story line, so if you don't want anything spoiled, don't look at others posts. This could also be good for people not playing and reading what happens to see what differences the players actions are and other things.

I'm just kind of into seeing how other people play differently. Anyways, gl.

• 325 Replies
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: Goku, M
Day #1
Time: 19:00
----------
Body: Average
Muscle Tone: Noticeable
Complexion: Light
Hair: Long, spiked, black
----------
Perks
Fighting: 10% more damage using physical attacks
----------
Outfit: Comfortable Clothes
Weapon: -
Storage: -
----------
Camp Storage: -
----------
Places Explored:
None
----------
Strength: 10
Toughness: 15
Speed: 11 (+1)
Intelligence: 10
Corruption: 0
----------
HP: 100%
Fatigue: 0%
----------
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Gems: 0

I shrug, then grab handfuls of pebbles and scatter them around camp. I make trips until the job is done. Now anyone walking will make a noise that should wake me up. With that, I sleep until morning.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 6:00
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
None
----------
Speed: 11
----------
----------

After sleeping, the light red sun peeks over the crest of the horizon. It feels like a warm and vibrant morning. Your stomach growls, but you don't feel hungry, thirsty, or even dehydrated. You haven't eaten for more than 24 hours now, yet you don't feel a craving for anything.

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 6:00
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
None
----------
----------
----------

"That's weird." I say. "I normally eat more than anybody at home." I decide that today, I will explore. I get a lot of pebbles and put them in my pockets, then I set off in a random direction, dropping a pebble every 5 feet. I also make sure not to go so far I get lost.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: David Jones, M
Day #2
Time: 10:00
----------
Muscle Tone: Average
Hair: Short, black
----------
Perks
Schooling: 20% less fatigue when casting spells
----------
Weapon: Jagged Rock
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Forest
----------
Strength: 10 (-2)
Toughness: 10 (-2)
Speed: 10 (-2)
Intelligence: 15 (-1)
----------
HP: 99%
Fatigue: 23% (+23)
----------

If I still have the energy left to do this, I try to bargain with the goblin and say that I will come peacefully. I then proceed to do what the goblin wants me to do.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 8:00
----------
----------
Perks
----------
Storage: 14 pebbles
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Lake
----------
----------
----------

I get a lot of pebbles and put them in my pockets, then I set off in a random direction, dropping a pebble every 5 feet. I also make sure not to go so far I get lost.

After collecting the pebbles, you head east of the rising sun. After looking down from time to time, you can't help but to chuckle at how ridiculous your pants look loaded with the rocks.

After dropping more than half of the pebbles, your wanderings take you far and wide across the barren wasteland that surrounds the portal, until the smell of humidity and fresh water alerts you to the nearby lake. With a few quick strides you find a lake so massive the distant shore cannot be seen. Grass and a few sparse trees grow all around it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Forest
----------
----------
Fatigue: 46% (+23)
----------

If I still have the energy left to do this, I try to bargain with the goblin and say that I will come peacefully. I then proceed to do what the goblin wants me to do.

"A bargain, hmm? Well, well, well..." she places her finger on her lips, thinking for a moment. You can feel the chemicals pace getting more and more rapid as she waits, making different gestures as if she's thinking really hard. "Hmmmmmmmm!" she hums loudly, obviously to get your attention again after you began to sway slightly. "Ah! I've got it!" she excitedly claps her hands together rapidly. "Since you're being a good little boy, I'll give you one of my very best potions I just discovered yesterday!" Oh god... "But first, I need to do my experiments!" she claims.

She holds out her tiny little arm, gesturing for you to grab hold of her hand.
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
Perks
----------
Storage: 14 pebbles
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Lake
----------
----------
----------

I throw a pebble as far as I can into the lake to see what happens. Then I look around here for a weapon.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 9:00
----------
----------
Perks
----------
Storage: 13 pebbles
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 5%
----------

I throw a pebble as far as I can into the lake to see what happens.

It gets lobbed about 20 feet until it loses velocity and crashes against the super still water. Ripples appear from where the tiny pebble hit, but nothing else happens.

Then I look around here for a weapon.

Seeing as how it would take a substantially long time exploring the entire lake for one, you decide to stay in this general vicinity and test your luck. After a good while of searching, you've found several large stones lodged into the ground, which you wouldn't be able to lift out unless you were much stronger, or had an item to provide leverage. The other item you've found include some pretty large sticks that have fallen off of trees.

Nothing else caught your interest, except for a very peculiar looking trail, leading through a few dense trees. The path can still be seen after a little ways, but a red smog slightly covers the trail the further down it goes.
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 9:00
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Lake
----------
----------
----------

A peculiar looking trail? I plant one of the sticks in the ground upwards as a sort of marker, then grab the straightest and strongest stick I can find and head down that trail.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name & Sex: Michael Lee, M
Day #2
----------
Body: Lean
Muscle Tone: Visible
Hair: Long Black
----------
~Perks~
Smithing: Armor effectiveness increased by 10%
----------
Weapon: 4 ft. bamboo stick
Storage: 1 ft. bamboo stick
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
Toughness: 10
Speed: 15
----------
----------

I continue to try sharpening the rock for another two hours. If nothing happens during that span of time, I place the rocks into my pockets and walk towards a random direction.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
Perks
----------
Weapon: Giant Stick (7 ft L, 3 in. T)
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Lake
----------
----------
----------

I plant one of the sticks in the ground upwards as a sort of marker, then grab the straightest and strongest stick I can find and head down that trail.

The best stick that meets your qualifications is a straight stick with slight bumps and kinks along its length. Its seven feet long, and three inches thick. Feeling satisfied, you advance down the trail.

As you roam the path, you find your footsteps echoing as though you were stepping on wood rather than stepping on the red cobblestone path. Curious, you squat down and brush the soil away, revealing the rotting form of a wooden plank. Looking carefully at the ground underfoot, you realize that it is part of a pathway â" the kind that villages make to provide easier access to and from muddy rivers, lakes and beaches. You believe you can make out the rest of the path clearly enough to follow it to its end.

Will you?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
Time: 13:00
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
Storage: 1 ft. bamboo stick, slightly sharpened jagged rock
----------
Camp Storage:
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
----------

I continue to try sharpening the rock for another two hours.

The two hours pass... and you've made a little more progress. The rock still cannot penetrate something like a blade would, but it could definitely create a deep gash if used by hand.

If nothing happens during that span of time, I place the rocks into my pockets and walk towards a random direction.

You walk for quite some time, roaming the hard-packed and pink-tinged earth of the demon-realm. Rust-red rocks speckle the wasteland, as barren and lifeless as anywhere else you've been. A cool breeze suddenly brushes against your face, as if gracing you with its presence. You turn towards it and are confronted by the lush foliage of a very old looking forest. You smile as the plants look fairly familiar and non-threatening. Unbidden, you remember your decision to test the properties of this place, and think of your campsite as you walk forward. Reality seems to shift and blur, making you dizzy, but after a few minutes you're back, and sure you'll be able to return to the forest with similar speed by thinking about it again.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Forest
----------
----------
Fatigue: 46% (+23)
----------

I take her hand and follow her whereever she wants me to go, and agree to test her potions. I also apologize for trying to hit her with the rock earlier, and say I didn't know what came over me. I also ask if instead of her giving me one of her best potions that she could teach me some rudrimentry alchemy.

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
Lake
----------
----------
----------

I weigh my options, considering the time and how I haven't felt hungry or thirsty since I've arrived, and head down the trail, wary of an ambush.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 13:00
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
Camp Storage:
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
----------

I head back to the forest and search the foliage for anything edible. If I find anything, I place it into my pocket. If nothing happens during the time I take to search the foliage, I head deeper into the forest.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 11:00
----------
Hair: Long, black
Height: (Choose this yourself)
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (60/100)
Muscles: Average (50/100)
Frame: Average (50/100)
----------
Body: All human
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
----------
----------
Fatigue: 69% (+23)
----------

I added height and masculinity to the character sheet, and also added stats for muscle tone and body frame to give more specific information about it.
For masculinity, the higher it is, the more handsome and masculine you look. Lower means you look more feminine, which isn't good for a guy. Depending on how masculine or feminine you look, some dialogues can possibly change. This is in some ways your charisma factor.
For Muscle tone, obviously, the higher, the more visible.
For frame, the higher, the thicker you are. Lower means thinner. Yes, you can become obese in this game.

I may have also noticed the "Body: All human" text too, right underneath. That indicates that everything on your body is human-like, and you can become pretty much anything you wanted... or don't want. You could become a wolf, ogre, goblin, imp, harpy, cat, tiger, griffon, dragon, etc. There are many more to become. Certain alchemy potions can change random body parts, or change your stats in some way, so be careful and make sure you know what you're about to drink! You could even be a demon, however, that is very hard to become. Becoming draconic is also hard, but not as rare as demonic changes.

I apologize for dumping all of this into the game all at once, but it was intended to go in anyways. I had no clue how to fit it all in until now. Again, I'm sorry, and I hope it hasn't deterred you from continuing to play. You don't HAVE to become anything, you can stay human, but when you lose battles, you may have some enemies that may want to do some... 'testing'... with their 'new' alchemy discoveries. Some things are trustworthy, however. Some. . If you wanted, you could even create your own potions by using alchemy that you can learn from books or people in the game to your advantage and gain more muscles, more masculinity/femininity, and thickness/thinness, or to improve stats like strength or intelligence or so on.

I take her hand and follow her wherever she wants me to go, and agree to test her potions. I also apologize for trying to hit her with the rock earlier, and say I didn't know what came over me. I also ask if instead of her giving me one of her best potions that she could teach me some rudimentary alchemy.

She seems almost careless of what your saying as she bounces along a small dirt path, leading into lower leaning trees. She nods a couple of times as you speak, but not bothering to turn around.

Finally, you reach a small hut made only for a goblin to enter, but she somehow manages to squeeze you in through the doorway regardless. Its very tiny. It looks like its made out of straw, but knowing this place has different properties of the real world, you conclude that it could be something else, judging by its pink color alone.

"Sit, over there." the goblin says, pointing her small finger to an even smaller stool.

The chemicals have gotten much stronger ever since you began following her, making you feel as if your head is spinning around slightly. Slowly, the sensation grows faster. For a second, you lose your train of thought as you shake your head and blink your eyes hard...

"Well?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
Time: 12:00
----------
Muscles: Visible (55/100)
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
----------

I added height and masculinity to the character sheet, and also added stats for muscle tone and body frame to give more specific information about it.
For masculinity, the higher it is, the more handsome and masculine you look. Lower means you look more feminine, which isn't good for a guy. Depending on how masculine or feminine you look, some dialogues can possibly change. This is in some ways your charisma factor.
For frame, the higher, the thicker you are. Lower means thinner. Yes, you can become obese in this game.

I may have also noticed the "Body: All human" text too, right underneath. That indicates that everything on your body is human-like, and you can become pretty much anything you wanted... or don't want. You could become a wolf, ogre, goblin, imp, harpy, cat, tiger, griffon, dragon, etc. There are many more to become. Certain alchemy potions can change random body parts, or change your stats in some way, so be careful and make sure you know what you're about to drink! You could even be a demon, however, that is very hard to become. Becoming draconic is also hard, but not as rare as demonic changes.

I apologize for dumping all of this into the game all at once, but it was intended to go in anyways. I had no clue how to fit it all in until now. Again, I'm sorry, and I hope it hasn't deterred you from continuing to play. You don't HAVE to become anything, you can stay human, but when you lose battles, you may have some enemies that may want to do some... 'testing'... with their 'new' alchemy discoveries. Some things are trustworthy, however. Some. If you wanted, you could even create your own potions by using alchemy that you can learn from books or people in the game to your advantage and gain more muscles, more masculinity/femininity, and thickness/thinness, or to improve stats like strength or intelligence or so on.

I weigh my options, considering the time and how I haven't felt hungry or thirsty since I've arrived, and head down the trail, wary of an ambush.

You follow the overgrown path inland. You pass through thick trees, struggling not to lose the path, before finally reaching what is clearly the end. In front of you lie crumbling walls, broken and scattered by the wind and rain... and by other forces entirely. Beyond them are houses that have been torn apart, burned or collapsed. This was clearly once a village, but it was devastated at some point in the past. Demon attack is the first possibility that leaps into your mind. You examine the ruins for a time, but your gut makes you feel it wouldn't be wise to investigate here without preparing first.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
Time: 14:00
----------
Muscles: (55/100)
Frame: Narrow (35/100)
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
----------

I apologize for dumping all of this into the game all at once, but it was intended to go in anyways. I had no clue how to fit it all in until now. Again, I'm sorry, and I hope it hasn't deterred you from continuing to play. You don't HAVE to become anything, you can stay human, but when you lose battles, you may have some enemies that may want to do some... 'testing'... with their 'new' alchemy discoveries. Some things are trustworthy, however. Some. If you wanted, you could even create your own potions by using alchemy that you can learn from books or people in the game to your advantage and gain more muscles, more masculinity/femininity, and thickness/thinness, or to improve stats like strength or intelligence or so on.

You also may have noticed that now instead of being 'lean', it now says 'narrow' for your frame. It's the same thing, but I feel that narrow describes it better than lean does. Lean belongs in the muscle category.

I head back to the forest and search the foliage for anything edible. If I find anything, I place it into my pocket. If nothing happens during the time I take to search the foliage, I head deeper into the forest.

After picturing the forests trees and foliage, things begin to shift around you, and you arrive in seconds.

You search the red foliage, eventually coming up with some weird food that looks very related to olives. However, they much different. Apart from being dark red, the pimento inside is actually radiating a green glow. You find that these things are everywhere in the foliage, it just wasn't that easy to see with not knowing any of this places properties completely, aside from the dense leaves surrounding them.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 11:00
----------
Height: I'll have the shortest allowed height. Logically, this would also slightly raise speed but would also lower masculinity. If you want other stats to stay the same though, I don't mind. I also like having added stats, and would be fine with more or less if you wanted.
Muscles: Average (50/100)
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
----------
----------
Fatigue: 69% (+23)
----------
Gems:

I ask for an antidote to the sleep potion. Whatever the answer. I then sit in the chair and obediently do whatever the goblin wants me to do.

Showing 31-45 of 325