ForumsForum GamesChampion of Chiakor

325 75498
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

The Beginning
You grew up in the small village of Chiakor, a remote village with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds.
Every year for as long as you can remember, your village has chosen a champion to send to the cursed Demon Realm.

Legend has it that in years Chiakor has failed to produce a champion, chaos has reigned over the countryside. Children disappear, crops wilt, and disease spreads like wildfire. This year, you have been selected to be the champion.

Character Creation
What is your name, Champion?
Male or Female?
If your are male, are you lean, average, or thick?
If female, are you slender, average, or curvy?
What is your skin color; light, olive, dark, or ebony?
What color is your hair, and how long?

Stats for the game include:
Strength - Increases your damage and enables the Strong Back perks if high enough.
Toughness - Increases your health points and enables the Tank and Regeneration perks if high enough.
Speed - Increases you chances to evade attacks, certain encounters and to run from a fight. Also enables the Evasion and Runner perks if high enough.
Intelligence - Increase the chance to withstand certain encounters. Spells are also easier to learn and cast.
Corruption - Shows how corrupt you've become since entering the Demon Realm. If high enough, you won't be known as the nice guy anymore. Nice thoughts and actions will be harder to perform if corruption becomes too high. Anger rises a lot faster when more corrupt.
Fatigue - Determines whether or not skills and spells can be used. Waiting, resting, and sleeping reduce fatigue.
Hit points - Your life. If it reaches 0, your enemy will find a way to corrupt your mind or body in some way, adding to your corruption.

Every person is born with a gift. What's yours?
Strength - Are you stronger than normal? +5 to strength
Toughness - Are you unusually tough? +5 to toughness
Speed - Are you very quick? +5 to speed
Smarts - Are you a quick learner? +5 to intelligence
Endurance - Are you energetic? Recover from fatigue 50% faster

Before you became a champion, you had other plans for your life. What were you doing before?
Alchemy - You spent some time as an alchemist's assistant, and alchemical items always seem to be more reactive in your hands. You are much more successful at making concoctions than the normal person, and can make others much more potent.
Fighting - You spent much of your time fighting other children, and you had plans to find work as a guard when you grew up. You do 10% more damage with physical attacks.
Healing - You often spent your free time with the village healer, learning how to tend to wounds. Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
Religion - You spent a lot of time at the village temple, and learned how to meditate. Meditating will reduce corruption.
Schooling - You spent much of your time in school, and even begged the richest man in town, Mr. Savin, to let you read some of his books. You are much better at focusing, and spellcasting uses 20% less fatigue.
Slacking - You spent a lot of time slacking, avoiding work, and otherwise making a nuisance of yourself. Your efforts at slacking have made you quite adept at resting, and fatigue decreases 20% faster.
Smithing - You managed to get an apprenticeship with the local blacksmith. Because of your time spent at the blacksmith's side, you've learned how to fit armor for maximum protection. Increases armor effectiveness by roughly 10%.

Feel free to ask questions, and have fun if you decide to try! Also, this game is story driven, and every person will have a similar story line, so if you don't want anything spoiled, don't look at others posts. This could also be good for people not playing and reading what happens to see what differences the players actions are and other things.

I'm just kind of into seeing how other people play differently. Anyways, gl.

• 325 Replies
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name & Sex: Michael Lee, M
Day #3
Time: 7:45 (+1:45)
----------
Complexion: Light
Hair: Long, black
Height: 5'4", 163cm
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (60/100)
Muscles: Visible(57/100)
Frame: Narrow (35/100)
----------
Body: All human
----------
~Perks~
Smithing: Armor effectiveness increased by 10%
----------
Outfit: Comfortable Clothes
Weapons: 4 ft. bamboo stick
Storage: 1 ft. bamboo stick, 11 strange olives, sharpened rock
----------
Camp Storage: -
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
Strength: 11
Toughness: 10
Speed: 16
Intelligence: 10
Corruption: 0%
----------
HP: 100%
Fatigue: 7% (+7)
----------
Level: 1
Experience: 4
Gems: 0
Rupees: 0
----------
Quest: None
----------
People: -

"Rathazul, nice name. My name is Michael, nice to meet you. So what does the water do to you if you drink it?"

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: Goku, M
Day #2
Time: 16:15
----------
Hair: Long, spiked, black
Height: 5'9", 175cm
Muscles: Visible (58/100)
Frame: Average (50/100)
----------
----------
Perks
Fighting: 10% more damage using physical attacks
----------
Weapon: Giant Stick (7 ft L, 3 in. T)
Storage: 13 pebbles
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
Strength: 10
Toughness: 15
Speed: 11
----------
Fatigue: 55%
----------
Experience: 0

Wait, I can teleport?

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name & Sex: David Jones, M
Day #4
Time: 10:35 (+2:30)
----------
Height: 4'1", 124cm
Masculinity: Slightly Masculine (64/100)
Muscles: Visible (55/100)
----------
----------
Perks
Schooling: 20% less fatigue when casting spells
----------
Weapon: Jagged Rock
Storage: Lumi's Ingredients, two empty small flasks, Medium sack (50/500)
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
Strength: 8
Toughness: 8
Speed: 14
Intelligence: 15
Corruption: 2%
----------
Fatigue: 33%
----------
Experience: 30
Gems: 63
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I may or may not have made it clear to everybody, but memory influences travel here, just like time, distance, and speed would in the real world. So, if you happen to think about the camp and you want to get there, you'll basically teleport there. Just telling you, in case I never did make it clear.

I walk along for a short while, to see if there is anything here. After a short time, I go back to my camp and sleep.

After a short while, you don't find anything other than more and more sand for now. After the landscape shifts and blurs momentarily, you find yourself back at the camp after picturing the tent with the make-shift bed inside.

When I awake again, I go deep into the forest searching for any other living beings besides Lumi.

Only after stepping foot inside the forest for a few minutes, you hear something rustling in a tree overhead. You look up, noticing something red zipping across trees and causing a few leaves to fall. It looked like it had something protruding from its back, but you aren't too sure. It undoubtedly reminds you of the imp that you encountered as soon as you entered the realm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name & Sex: Archene De'Night, M
Day #1
Time: 22:00 (+0:45)
----------
Hair: Brown, long & curly
Height: 5'7"
Muscles: Average (53/100) (+3)
----------
----------
Perks
Healing: Healing items and effects are 20% more effective.
----------
Weapon: -
Storage: -
----------
----------
Places Explored: -
Special Places: -
----------
Speed: 15
----------
HP: 86%
Fatigue: 100% (+38)
----------
----------
----------

I may or may not have made it clear to everybody, but memory influences travel here, just like time, distance, and speed would in the real world. So, if you happen to think about the camp and you want to get there, you'll basically teleport there. Just telling you, in case I never did make it clear.

I attempt to hammer whatever is holding me with my hands to vainly try to make it loosen it's grip.

Successfully, you thrash hard enough to make the monstrous arm release you. Having no other option, you attempt to run as fast as you can towards the exit of the forest. As you try your best to trace your way back to the edge of the trees without being able to see at all, you can only hope you are increasing the distance between you and your attacker. Hopping over giant roots and short foliage, you surprisingly make it out, escaping the incredibly strong beast that would have surely put an end to you. Instead of stopping there to take a breather, you picture the camp in your mind and all of its comforts. The dark-red land begins to shift before your eyes, and in a matter of seconds, you return back to your camp, still completely breathless.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #3
Time: 7:50 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 7% (-2)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Rathazul (Acquaintance)

"Rathazul, nice name. My name is Michael, nice to meet you. So what does the water do to you if you drink it?"

"Straight to the questions, I see. Don't worry, its always the same with Champions. Curiosity is the trait you all share, and I don't blame you." He continues to stir the content inside the broiling pot, and continues speaking smoothly and slowly. "The water used to be just as yours was, in Chiakor. Corruption has slowly changed the effects, however. Everyday, it seems to get worse and worse. The tainted waters used to be clear and blue, refreshing anyone who came in contact with it. It always seemed to have a positive affect on one's mind as well, clearing the persons thoughts and releasing stress and depression. Now, however, I fear no one will be able to enjoy that for a very long time. It is thick, almost sticky now, and any one who dares to drink can possibly change completely. They could either become corrupted, which is usually the case, or in certain conditions, the body would undergo transformations. Hideous ones. However, the water does have some good qualities, still. For example," he says, pointing to his pot," after boiling it, its clean enough to be used for alchemy."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
----------

Wait, I can teleport?

I may not have made it clear to everybody, so I apologize for that, but yes, memory influences travel here, just like time, distance, and speed would in the real world. So, if you happen to think about the camp and you want to get there, you'll basically teleport there. I think I may have told two people, but I'm not sure so I put it in everyone's update. But hey, at least if you don't use it, you can get fit!
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #4
Time: 10:35 (+2:30)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 33%
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

Seeing what appears to the imp, I walk slower and am more catious, but I continue to go deeper into the forest.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #4
Time: 10:50 (+0:15)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 39% (+6)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

Seeing what appears to the imp, I walk slower and am more cautious, but I continue to go deeper into the forest.

You blunder along through the thick foliage, swatting aside stray branches and the long grasses that try to impede your progress. A clearing appears up ahead, and feeling slightly fatigued, the glen almost seems inviting.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #4
Time: 10:50 (+0:15)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 39% (+6)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I enter the glen. If there isn't anything special there, I think of my camp and go there. I then explore the lake.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #4
Time: 10:50 (+0:30)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 42% (+3)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I enter the glen. If there isn't anything special there, I think of my camp and go there. I then explore the lake.

There is a small river of red fluid trickling through the glen, but nothing more. After deciding you want to get back to camp, the landscape begins to shift and blur slightly. Before you vanish from the area, you catch a glimpse of something red peeking through a tree at you until you finally appear back at camp.

Taking a seat momentarily to process what it was that was looking at you, some key features were easy to make out before it became too difficult to see before popping back at camp. Its eyes looked pitch black, and it had tiny little horns on its very small head. Almost completely similar to the imp you've met on the very first day.

Thinking about the lake next, you appear there even quicker than before.

While walking along the lake, the glint of metal catches your eye. You drop into a combat stance, readying your fists for a fight. Your eyes dart about, searching for the source of the light. You feel rather foolish when you locate the source of the reflection. It came from a sword lodged hilt-deep in the trunk of a tree. You relax a bit, approaching the odd sight to get a better look.

The tree is thick enough to encapsulate the entire blade. Nothing protrudes from the far side at all. In another odd twist, there is not any sap leaking around the undamaged bark that surrounds the sword. The hilt itself appears made of bronze, with gold inlays along the outside of the handguard. Looking closer, you realize they portray a stylized figure battling a horde of demons. The handle is wrapped tightly with rugged leather that still looks brand new in spite of how long this sword must have been here for the tree to grow so thoroughly around it.
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Day #2
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
----------

Well that's cool. I unfold the weapon rack and lean my giant stick against it, then I sit down and meditate to center my ki.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #2
Time: 16:45 (+0:30)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
Camp Storage:
~Weapon Rack: Giant Stick (7 ft. L, 3 in. T)
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
~Town Ruins
----------
----------
Fatigue: 40% (-15)
----------

I unfold the weapon rack and lean my giant stick against it, then I sit down and meditate to center my ki.

After the relaxing meditation, you feel a little more focused and slightly energetic.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Day #4
Time: 10:50 (+0:30)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 42% (+3)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I try to pull the sword out of the tree. I spend a lot of energy trying to pull it out, if it takes a lot of energy. If I pull it out, then I go back to camp and sleep. I then go to Lumi and ask her if she knows how the sword might have gotten in the tree.
If I am unable to pull the sword out, I go back to my camp and sleep. I then go to the centaurs and try to make and deal with them: If they supply me with flasks, along with 120 gems per potion, then I will make each of them an Equine Delight potion every day.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Day #3
Time: 7:50 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 7% (-2)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Rathazul (Acquaintance)

"Interesting... Could you teach me alchemy, Rathazul?"

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #1
Time: 22:00 (+0:45)
----------
Muscles: Average (53/100) (+3)
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
HP: 86%
Fatigue: 100% (+38)
----------
----------
----------

Tired, I fall into my bed and go to sleep. In the morning, I should look for a weapon of some kind, so that I can stand up to a different creature. Hopefully the next one I see won't be as large and menacing as the last.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Day #4
Time: 12:00 (+0:40) (Also +0:30 that I forgot to add last time)
----------
----------
----------
Perks
----------
Weapon: Jagged Rock, Beautiful Sword
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Forest
~Lake
~Mountains
~Desert
Special Places:
~Lumi's Hut
----------
----------
Fatigue: 37% (-15)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Lumi (Acquaintance)

I try to pull the sword out of the tree. I spend a lot of energy trying to pull it out, if it takes a lot of energy. If I pull it out, then I go back to camp and sleep. I then go to Lumi and ask her if she knows how the sword might have gotten in the tree.

You grip the handle with both hands and easily pull the sword free, surprising yourself with how easy it was to remove. Remarkably the tree's trunk is entirely intact. While marveling at this new development, a leaf brushes your shoulder. You look up and watch as every single leaf turns from healthy green, to brilliant orange, and finally changes to brown. The leaves rain down around you, covering the ground in dead plant-matter, leaving you alone with the withering skeleton of a dead tree. The sight saddens you, though you cannot fathom why.

The blade itself is three and a half feet of the purest, shining steel you have ever seen. It truly is a beautiful blade.

After returning to camp by picturing the bed once again, you appear inside the tent in the blink of an eye. Immediately, you collapse into the make-shift bed and rest.

After a short nap, you awake again, deciding to visit Lumi for her to hopefully answer your inquiry. Unfortunately, after visiting, she appears to be gone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #3
Time: 7:55 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 6% (-1)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Rathazul (Acquaintance)

"Interesting... Could you teach me alchemy, Rathazul?"

He sighs dejectedly, "I am not sure what I can do for you, youngling. This world is fraught with unimaginable dangers, and you're just scratching the surface of them. Its best I don't."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day #2
Time: 6:15 (Reset to 6:00 at beginning of 2nd day) (+0:15)
----------
Muscles: Average (53/100)
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
HP: 100% (+14)
Fatigue: 0% (-100)
----------
----------
----------

Tired, I fall into my bed and go to sleep. In the morning, I should look for a weapon of some kind, so that I can stand up to a different creature. Hopefully the next one I see won't be as large and menacing as the last.

After sauntering around the camp, you find nothing worth using to your advantage. Exploring seems to be the only option in this scenario. However, there are a few small rocks scattered around, but after imagining fighting off a demon with a rock, the thought crumbles slowly.
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Day #3
Time: 7:55 (+0:05)
----------
----------
----------
~Perks~
----------
----------
----------
Places Explored:
~Lake
----------
----------
Fatigue: 6% (-1)
----------
----------
----------
People:
~Rathazul (Acquaintance)

"Why is it best that you don't teach me? Alchemy could help me survive in this world."

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Day #2
Time: 6:15 (Reset to 6:00 at beginning of 2nd day) (+0:15)
----------
Muscles: Average (53/100)
----------
----------
Perks
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
HP: 100% (+14)
Fatigue: 0% (-100)
----------
----------
----------

Using ingenuity, I find two rocks, and use one rock to chip the other. When I get a sharp edge, I find a stick, about 2-3 feet in length and round it as best as I can. I then use the sharpened rock to cut a large slit at the top, and wedge the rock into the slit. It's a makeshift spear.
I teleport to the trees with fruit, and after glancing around for any sign of the demon, I see if the spear is long enough to knock one or two fruit from the tree.

Showing 106-120 of 325