ForumsPopular MediaWho is your favorite author?

22 13040
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Please explain properly why you like them.

Easy answer for me: John Wyndham. He, in my opinion, is the greatest science fiction author of all time. He hasn't produced many books, but they are all classics. The best is probably Day of the Triffids. The reason his books are so great is that they don't go in for big, exciting fight scenes and flowery language. Instead, he follows the daily life of people during an unnatural event. The heroes are not muscle bound hunks with no shirts and bazookas. They are ordinary (very 1950s british) men; journalists, bankers, managers, who in the face of a strange and unnerving situation can't do much but keep calm and carry on. Oh, and some of them are absolutely terrifying. Especially The Midwich Cuckoos. Especially if you put yourself in the shoes of one of the women.

• 22 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Been into some Voltaire lately. Don't really have a favorite though. Just depends on my mood.

MisterDude499
MisterDude499
2 posts
Farmer

Christopher Paolini because the inheritance series were the best books I have ever read and J.R.R tolkien is also up there

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

tbh i dont like reading. so my favorite is RL Stine for his goosebumps books. sure they are meant for kids. but i find them interesting to read and they are so long i lose interest.

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

J.K. Rowling, only because of her Harry Potter series.

Sidney Shelton, Some legendary books have been made by this author.

Rick Riordan, who wrote the Percy Jackson series.

Tolkien, which wrote the LOTR books.

Enid Blyton, The books he made are for kids, but I still enjoy them.

And Jeff Kinney, because of his Diary Of A Wimpy Kid series. I know they're for kids, but I still enjoy them.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Jeff Kinney and R.L Stine.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Neil Gaiman

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Frank Herbert. I love me some Frank Herbert.

And, and Lovecraft is dandy as well.

Showing 16-22 of 22