ForumsGamesMega Evolution

10 3788
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

We all know it, and by Jove those fanboys are going to make us love it....it's Mega Evolution in Pokémon!

But pang?! What are these weird things?! It sounds bloody stupid!!

Y-you too.

Mega Evolutions are a hip new idea by Digimon creators Game Freak for the upcoming generation. With this, you can make your Digimon even stronger and kick some Dragon Ball booty!

List of Yu-Gi-Oh monsters confirmed for Mega Evolution.

Thoughts?

• 10 Replies
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Well I don't know much about it but I read somewhere that you can do the Mega Evolution in battle only if certain conditions are met. I think that trying to reach those conditions while trying to prevent opponent for reaching his Mega Evolution might actually add more strategy to the game. Too bad we don't know much about it.

By the way does Mega Kangaskhan really have an ability that lets it to attack TWICE ?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Apparently so.

Mega Kangaskhan vs. Slaking would be a really lopsided battle...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Upset because no Fire/Dragon Charizard (too op).

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Doesn't seem like a very appealing feature of the game to me. I've been playing Pokemon for a while, and it seems like each generation they try to add a new gimmick to the game; obviously things like nature and gender improve the series, but things like mega-evolutions just don't seem very conducive to the advancement of the series.

Not that the series needs any advancement. I mean, it's practically the same plot each game, and I'm one of those people who thinks every generation is a little worse than the last. The same goes for the plot. I mean, generation five seemed so childish to me, both in plot and pokemon design. I don't really plan on buying X & Y, not based solely on mega-evolutions, but because it seems like the more pokemon tries to add, the more watered down the series becomes.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I dont really see the purpose of it. Some of them look pretty weird too, like mewtwo. Don't mess with the old ones, they were fine.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

This really seems more like an attempt to spice up the metagame for the hip competetive crowd than anything else.

That and it let's them do the jrpg thing where the villain goes NOW I'LL SHOW YOU MY TRUE FORM. Other than that, it has no business being in this Beyblade game.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Mewtwonite? MEWTWONITE?!?!?! Did the game makers really just pass on the chance to call him Mewthree?

/disappointing

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Mewtwonite? MEWTWONITE?!?!?! Did the game makers really just pass on the chance to call him Mewthree?

1) It isn't another mew form doe.

2) Another Mega Mewtwo was released. Bulkier
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

1) It isn't another mew form doe.

My bad I didn't see the "Mega Stone" part. Anyways, Mewthree still stands to be the name of the form. ;P
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

As a competitive Pokemon Battler, I do not really care about the aesthetic looks of the 'mons but what concerns me is the Competitive Metagame.

Other than that, I have a huge notion that Mega Charizard and Mega Garchomp are gonna become Ubers, due to their abilities.

I dont really see the purpose of it. Some of them look pretty weird too, like mewtwo. Don't mess with the old ones, they were fine.

Well, its kinda self explanatory since the increased stats and Mechanics will affect competitive gameplay.

List of Yu-Gi-Oh monsters confirmed for Mega Evolution.

Well, at least Game Freak Half fulfilled my wish! I effing love Yu-Gi-Oh back in the days where I was sitting in shops dueling others...
Showing 1-10 of 10