Charlie506

Charlie506

1,107 posts

Mario. DUHHHH

Posted Oct 30, '13 at 2:33am

gh0sts

gh0sts

887 posts

Ness is a great character. I always forget about his down-B move though. I get by with his bat and his yoyo, with the occasional fire throw.

Posted Oct 30, '13 at 1:00pm

Drink

Drink

1,589 posts

i havent played in ages, but i will tell you i was best as link, i spammed the spin attack countless times

Posted Oct 30, '13 at 6:20pm

FreckledTerror

FreckledTerror

57 posts

My best character is the Ice Climbers, I just spammed the right C-Stick move and dominated.

Posted Oct 30, '13 at 8:25pm

rychus

rychus

1,198 posts

Kirby of course! *suck*

Posted Oct 31, '13 at 3:15am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

The best? Hasn't Fox always been the top-tier character in all of the games? Maybe no so much anymore, but it used to be that way for the first two iterations. That might just be a load of fluff though.

In any game where you can choose/create a character, there really isn't a 'best' one out there. It all depends on the person controller the character. Sure, Fox my be the 'best' character by some stats sheet. Yet that means nothing if you don't know how to use him.

Posted Oct 31, '13 at 11:08am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,263 posts

The best? Hasn't Fox always been the top-tier character in all of the games? Maybe no so much anymore, but it used to be that way for the first two iterations. That might just be a load of fluff though.

Now its Meta Knight.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 8:53am

codyrousseau

codyrousseau

66 posts

Mario Destroys on melee, but I use link on brawl.

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 8:50pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,219 posts

I've been using Roy a lot recently. I never used him before a few months ago, but ever since then I've noticed he is a master K.O. artist. In stock battles, I'm usually not the guy who survives the longest, but when I play with him, in a 4-person battle, I get the majority of the total K.O.'s in each round, and I consider that just as much of a win as surviving the longest (you don't always have to do very much to win a round).

But in terms of survival, my most consistently-winning character is Yoshi. Yes, Yoshi. If you know how to use him, he can be a deadly force. I don't get quite as many K.O.'s with him as I do with Roy, but because of his epic double jump, I don't tend to die as often from being knocked off a ledge.

My third go-to character--up until recently my first--is Pikachu. My K.O. count is usually pretty high when I play with him/it, but after all these years, I still haven't become good enough with this character to the point where I can beat almost anyone in K.O.'s and still survive the longest. He's also a pretty easy character to counter--most players can see his lightning strike move from a mile away, and unlike the Starfox characters, his B-side move takes some time to charge and is very easy to dodge. I much prefer his short range A/C-stick moves.

Usually when I play multiple rounds, I play as a variety of characters to make each round more interesting, especially if the other people are playing as the same characters each round. The only characters I don't play fairly well as are Pichu, Young Link, Jigglypuff (but I'm getting better with Jiggly) and Zelda. Zelda is my worst character by far. With the other three, I at least have a fighting chance, but I'm so horrible with Zelda/Sheik that I usually don't get a single K.O. in each round I play as her/them.

I prefer the brute force characters to the fast ones or the range-based ones. The range attacks are nice for weakening the other players, but ultimately useless if you don't have a move to finish the other guy off.

It also all depends on who you're playing against. Most of the people I play against are hardcore skilled players, so compared to them I'm just the ping pong ball. The fact that I sometimes beat three of them at once even amazes me, but if I'm playing against non-hardcore players, dominating the round will come as no surprise to me. But it's also not as much fun if you know you're going to win, so playing against less-skilled players usually isn't as memorable an experience.

Reply to best super smash bros melee characters

You must be logged in to post a reply!