ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Continuation

276 101442
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

FORWARD

âThe land of ArmorGames holds many people from many lands, each with their own story, whether they be wanderers, questers, or seeking to rule.â
~Strop and Cenere, former Way of ag e­566/page/1">Moderation directors

Today a new world lives. The time of the WoMâs launch is long past. A new generation breathes. Theyâre building a new society, theyâre telling new tales, and theyâre leaving new legacies.

• 276 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Hey guys! The co-artist here! Just finished drawing up the majority of the cast in the story and such (designs may change in the future), so I'm posting it so you guys can visualize them better. Some of these characters haven't appeared yet...

Fun, ain't it?
See if you can spot the AG people that go with each one.

Is that my hair...or a turban?

Anywho, I needs to talk to you about my character design. Text me when you see this.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Editing is very close to being finished. Had lots of stuff to do recently.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Editing is very close to being finished.

Yay
Can't wait for the next part.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Chapter 1
Part 6: The Knight in Shining Armor, his Steed, and his Apprentice

The desert was very warm. Clancy trudged along the warm sand, caressing it between his toes. He didnât wear shoes on account of the fact that he simply didnât like them. That, and itâs hard to find decent shoes in the middle of the desert. Clancyâs beard and ravaged, long, black hair blew through the desert wind. His tattered outfit ruffled against everything. He was just coming over a very large sand dune, and on the other side was the beginning of ArmorRidge.
In a matter of minutes, Clancy reached the edge. Before climbing up the mountain, he turned and looked to the horizon. The sun was just beginning to sun and it created a lovely landscape. He felt absolutely infinite. He turned and grabbed the jagged spikes that stuck out of the mountainside. By spike grab by spike grab, and by footstep by footstep, Clancy started making some vertical progress. By the time he had gotten to a hundred feet in the air, he found a fairly flat cliffside and pulled himself atop of it. He grunted a bit and crawled on his belly until he was a few feet away from the edge. He turned and sat on his bottom. He let out a big sigh and watched the sun set. In a matter of minutes he was fast asleep.

âROAR!â
Clancy shot up and was greeted by a very friendly organism.
âHerro!â
Clancy jumped onto his feet and did a three-sixty.
âHi!â
After recovering from a slight dizziness, Clancy looked down and saw that organism.
âMy name is Gamer. I am a wulf.â
Clancy couldnât tell what this thing was.
âWhat is your name?â
Clancy stared for a minute. The thing looked like a small man on all fours, covered with fur, and it had ferocious teeth. It was sitting next to a contraption with a glowing square.
âMy nameâs, uh, Clancy.â
âClancy? I like that name.â
Clancy shook his head in silent agreement.
âDo you want to play DotD?â
The âwulfâ [which will be referred to as Gamer from now on] gestured to his odd contraption.
âWhat is that?â
âYou donât know what DotD is!?â
âIs... is that what that thing is next to you?â
âNo. Donât be stupid. Thatâs my laptop.â
âLap... top?â
âYeah, I used to have a PC but the hard drive was messed up, so now Iâm stuck with this Mac.â
âP... C? ...Mac...?â
âYou donât game much, do you?â
â...Game?â
âOh boy.â
Gamer gestured Clancy to sit down. Clancy sat and watched Gamer rather than his âlaptopâ. The wulf sat on his hind legs and used his front legs to press buttons and point at the pictures on the glowing part. He talked very fast.
âDo you think you got the jist of it?â
Clancy nodded despite his complete lack of knowledge.
âLetâs get you started on the first quest.â
Clancy started at the screen for a minute, got up and walked towards the mountainside without saying a word.
âWhere are you going, buddy?â
âI have to get going. I have a friend waiting for me.â
âWait! Can I come with?â
âWhy?â
âIâm lonely. I like playing DotD but that gets boring.â
âWhy should I take you?â
âDidnât I just answer that question?â
âNot well enough.â
âFine. With my laptop I can see maps and find shortcuts and stuff.â
Clancy was a little hesitant in his nodding this time, but after a minute or so he gave the okay.
âWait! Where are you going!?â
Clancy hadnât moved since he said okay.
âUp ArmorRidge.â
âNo, no, no. Thereâs got to be a better way.â
âI made it this far. Back home I used to climb humongous sand dunes and find syrup containers and other garbage.â
âWe arenât going this way.â
Clancy sighed.
âWhat do you propose?â
Gamer used his paws to press some buttons. The screen flashed a bunch of different colors.
âDang Internet.â
âInter-what?â
âI canât get a good signal up here.â
âSig-nal?â
âYouâre not good at this stuff, you know that?â
Clancy sat down while Gamer fiddled with his contraption.
âOkay, apparently thereâs local WiFi being broadcasted by some others. It works well.â
âWiFi?â
Gamer sighed.
âAccording to ArmorMaps, we can go 50 meters to the left and go through a cave.â
âArmor... Maps? Meters?â
Gamer folded his contraption so it looked like a slab. He picked it up with his triangular mouth.
âGwo dat waysh.â
âWhat?â
Gamer gave Clancy a look of disapproval. He gestured to the left. Clancy walked over to the edge of the cliffside and looked down. There was a lower cliffside with a cave against the mountainside.
âThere?â
Gamer nodded condescendingly. Clancy jumped and fell about 20 feet. He turned and ran into the cave.
âWaish foâ me!â
Clancy turned and saw Gamer trudging behind. He stopped and waited. Once Gamer reached him, he set the contraption down.
âThereâs some group called the âPenguinsâ up here. Walk carefully.â
Clancy turned and started walking again.
âWait!â
Clancy groaned and turned back again.
âWhat?â
âIn case we die, what is your name?â
âClancy.â
âOh. Hi, Clancy.â
âHello.â
Clancy turned and began walking yet again. Gamer picked his laptop up. They walked through the pitch black darkness for about ten minutes before Gamer started to whimper.
âW-what do you shupposhe ish en h-here? I mean, whatch ish a Pengwen?â
âOthers probably.â
âA-are dey g-going to k-kill ush?â
âNot me. Maybe you.â
âWhy notch you!?â
âI kill them sometimes. I think I scare them.â
âOh... Good to know, I guesh.â
They walked for about an hour without a word being said. The tunnel was fairly narrow so the walls made good guides for direction. It was cold, wet and very smelly. Eventually they saw a light in the distance.
âIsh thatch it you fink?â
âMaybe.â
They ran towards the light. The closer they got, the more the ground shook. They started to hear muffled chanting. The light was getting brighter and brighter. Their footsteps were muted by the loud rumbling. Gamer started saying something but Clancy couldnât hear him well.
âWELCOME!â
The bright light blinded the two. The could hear a crowd around them breathing.
âI said, welcome!â
âUh, hi!â
âWho are you?â
âI am Gamer. This is my friend, Clancy.â
Clancy assumed Gamerâs eyes adjusted to the light. He was still blinded.
âMy name is Vinny. Come with me, we can talk.â
Clancy felt a bonk on the head.

Blackness.

âWake up, my friend!â
Clancy woke up and was in a very large room. The room was perfectly square, and the walls were made out of a soft, black substance that crumbled like sand when touched. The one wall was a large, glowing square like the one on Gamerâs contraption. On it was a moving picture of a weird looking thing.
âHello Clancy. Iâm glad you finally woke up. My name is Vinny and Iâm here to help you.â
Before Clancy could get a good look at him, he felt another bonk on the noggin.

Blackness.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

My name is Vinny and Iâm here to help you.â

Good ol' Vinny. Always taking care of us. When does storm kill pick? Still haven't said yet.
gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

I'm not the only one around here who likes DoTD. *looks at Daleks*

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I'm not the only one around here who likes DoTD. *looks at Daleks*

Yes, but you play it the most. :P
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

âWhat is your name?â
          Clancy stared for a minute. The thing looked like a small man on all fours, covered with fur, and it had ferocious teeth. It was sitting next to a contraption with a glowing square.
          âMy nameâs, uh, Clancy.â

âIn case we die, what is your name?â
          âClancy.â
          âOh. Hi, Clancy.â

Wut?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't like explaining reference humor but I suppose I should explain what R2 is questioning. It's probably too amibigous for most to understand anyway. In the WoC, each character is portrayed with a personality similar to what the authors have observed them to have on AG and other miscellaneous communication areas. In other words, each character acts the way they do when on AG, twitter, or chats they may be affiliated with. In Gamer's case, I've noticed he has the tendency to be forgetful. Likewise, Clancy has a lovable passiveness.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Yes, but you play it the most. :P

Daleks plays it a lot too.

In Gamer's case, I've noticed he has the tendency to be forgetful.

I'm not forgetful! Where did you get that from?
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Wut?

Gamer will sometimes suddenly think I said or did something that I never said or did. I guess he has a short memory too.
gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Gamer will sometimes suddenly think I said or did something that I never said or did. I guess he has a short memory too.

I don't have a short memory!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Oh dear... It's the case of the amnesia patient forgetting they have amnesia...

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Oh dear... It's the case of the amnesia patient forgetting they have amnesia...

And I don't have amnesia either.....
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

each character acts the way they do when on AG, twitter, or chats they may be affiliated with.

Ohhhh.

I'm not forgetful! Where did you get that from?

Your life of course.

And I don't have amnesia either.....

Gamer needs a doctor if he doesn't remember that he has amnesia.
Showing 91-105 of 276