ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Continuation

276 101295
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

FORWARD

âThe land of ArmorGames holds many people from many lands, each with their own story, whether they be wanderers, questers, or seeking to rule.â
~Strop and Cenere, former Way of ag e­566/page/1">Moderation directors

Today a new world lives. The time of the WoMâs launch is long past. A new generation breathes. Theyâre building a new society, theyâre telling new tales, and theyâre leaving new legacies.

• 276 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I have to admit that this is getting annoying. It was interesting the first time, but now I think it just turns people away.

Also I feel as though this will be one of those things that Sal and everyone in FGA starts and then gives up on after a month or so.

I never had any intention of doing any of these things. The OP wasn't meant to be misleading whatsoever. In fact, I tried to make it obvious.

A more formal introduction:

So, basically, a few friends and I wanted to continue the WoM and also wanted a modern-day version, so we pulled away from the formerly current setting and made our own. We decided to create a sequel (albeit bit of a spin-off or fan-fiction) and named it the Way of Continuation, as we are continuing the Way of Moderation. Thus, we have the WoC.

As for future plans of this story, I don't have any current intent of stopping, nor do I have any intent of vanishing. I don't understand why you'd think I would. I have about three times the current, public amount written, and I'm considering the possibility of adding art. I'm not much of a realistic artist and I don't have too much time to draw for something of this scale, so count on using your imaginations.

As for characters, I'm adding people as I go. Introductions will come when deemed feasible. The current cast of characters included is 16. I guess if you want to be included early, ask, but I won't guarantee anything.

pang and I will be writing the bulk of the story and Riptizoid101 (or informally known as Rip) is our lead editor. The people pang mentioned in his latest post are those who have contributed either to the story or to the casting so far. Some of the people mentioned have written paragraphs of dialogue while others have added a few words here and there. It's kind of a community piece, so feel free to ask me if you want to contribute.

The WoC will be divided into main chapters which are subsequently divided into parts. I'm figuring chapters will run like seasons of a television show, with a dramatic opener, a few filler episodes, a dramatic middle, some more filler episodes, and a very dramatic ending. The parts of each chapter should be considered as the individual episodes. The first two parts on this thread are fairly short in comparison to what I'm planning (and have already written) for the future.

I have a pretty busy life with school and work and everything else, so I understand it might be a little hard to contact me. My Twitter @name is @Del_Medio_Oeste, my email is Salvidian@yahoo.com, my AG profile is always open, and you can contact me on the FGA chat because I spend a good amount of time there. Otherwise I'm sure either pang or Rip will be happy to help.

I hope this turns into a fun project that you all enjoy. That's my only goal.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Good luck with this. Will yall have drawings or anything to go with it?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

We plan on having some artwork..obviously my artistic abilities will be saved for scenes of grand importance.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

So... will this story be about the users of ArmorGames then? I am... technically... still a user! ^^

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

At the risk of appearing "unhip" I've got to ask, what's the FGA?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

A bunch of active people. FGA was originally intended to increase activity. And it still is. I'm in it too. Rip, wflag and gamer are the founders. Oh, and it includes a lot of... interesting stuff. Are there more questions?
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Oh, and it includes a lot of... interesting stuff.

That would be me.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

That would be me.

Correct.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

And you all think Clancy is the weird one.
I'm insulted.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Art will probably come some time after parts are posted. I would guess when chapters end, we'll release comic versions of each part.

All the latest posts have been acknowledged. I'm typing a little more right now. Expect some editing tomorrow, and then another two parts.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

A hermit walks out of the woods and finds the abandoned users of Armor Games land huddling around the embers of the moderators fire, yet they don't understand what the thing was only know that it is warm and was once a beacon in the dark...

and he says "Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your souls"

---------------------------
So I will be around and might get involved once I complete another artistic pursuit, if you want a few scribbles of things I wouldn't mind helping you for a price , which is you have to keep this interesting.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

And you all think Clancy is the weird one.
I'm insulted.

But Clancy isn't in the Nodow, and you are
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Stands for Forum Games Alliance. So it is like a clan in a way. Gandalf gave you probably all the other info.
Art will probably come some time after parts are posted. I would guess when chapters end, we'll release comic versions of each part.

That just sounds like it will make it confusing. Maybe have an archive thread that will have the pictures with the actually story it goes with. Plus the archive always makes for easier reading.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

and he says "Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your souls"

Hermit has the munchies. Tee hee.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

We plan on having some artwork..obviously my artistic abilities will be saved for scenes of grand importance.

Killersup's introduction? :P
Showing 16-30 of 276