ForumsForum GamesDawn of Survival (RPG)

51 14226
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

It is May 6th, 2058. For three years now, the world has been plagued by a strange virus that decimated the population. The effects of the virus were terrible. At first, you would be light headed for hours. Second, you would start to get a very hot fever, then at last, your body would start to convulse, until it stopped your heart.
You are one of the survivors of this virus, by careful isolation, you managed to avoid the virus. Now, though, there is no government, no electricity providers, nothing that we relied on. The night is dark, candles and gas lamps are the only source of light. You need to survive your way. But be careful, there is no shortage of bandits.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Age: (needs to be reasonable, if you want to play a small child your RP will be quite difficult, but as a middle aged or 18-28 year old player, it will be easiest)
Alignment: Neutral
Job: (your previous job before the virus. Depending on the job you choose, you will receive different gear and different amounts of money)
Money: 0
Gear: (you can only carry so much items. You won't be able to carry a sledge-hammer and some bricks at the same time. Leave this empty for now)
Health: Perfect
Hunger: Full
Thirst: Full

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. If you think I've left something important out please tell me.

• 51 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name: Pablo Cruz
Job: CDC Agent
Money: 80
Gear: Backpack, Ruger P345 Pistol
Backpack: Canned Beans (3), Water Bottle (3), MRE

You pack up your stockpile of food and water, and put it all into your backpack. You ask him who is coming. "The Orlando Gang! They have been looking for survivors in the area for a long time. They have this insane idea that the virus was supposed to wipe us ALL out. Now they are bent on killing all survivors that aren't in their little gang."
You then ask the man when they will be here.
"You're lucky they aren't here NOW. They have been searching down this road for the past few hours, killing everyone they find. Okay, no more questions, you need to go NOW. Follow the road north until you come to a farm called the De'Mado Ranch. Tell them Ronny sent you."

marinecorps101
marinecorps101
604 posts
Peasant

I go on the road north

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Marcus E.
Job: Unemployed, Failed Musician
Money: 20
Gear: Steel Bat, Water Bottle, Nutrient Bar, Guitar

I cautiously head downstairs, calling out to the lower level.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Trevor Daniels
Job: Firefighter Trainee
Money: 70
Gear: Fire Axe
Duffle Bag: Water Bottle (5), Beans (2), Can of Soup (1)
Hunger: Moderate
Thirst: Moderate

You enter the shack and lock the door behind you.

Before I rest, I search the shack and identify every item inside.

If food, water, cloth, or tools are found, I store it in the duffle bag and lay to rest.
sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

Character Sheet:
Name: Quinn Hersh
Job: Marine
Gear: AR-15 (30/60) M1911 (7/14) Military Tactical Vest (MTV) Improved Load Bearing Equipment (ILBE) 7 MRE Packs Canteen (100/100) Lightweight Helmet (LWH) Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK) Moduler Sleep System (MSS)

P.S. if you wanna check about all this stuff type in on a search engine List of United States Marine Corps individual equipment its all there.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

You head out on the north road, as you continue on farther and farther, you start to see more farmland. At one point, you actually see an elk bound across a farm pasture. You find a farm named "De'Mado Ranch" You head up the long drive way, passing fields of corn. You walk up the steps of a small, white painted farm house, and you knock on the door. It is answered by a old woman, who asks what you need.

You call out as you walk down the stairs, and you hear a slam. When you get down the steps, you see a young man, shakily pointing a knife at you. He is obviously scared.

You search through the shack. It shows signs that someone has lived here, but not in a long time. It's devoid of any food or water, but you did find a small shovel thats fits perfectly in your duffel bag. After getting yourself set up, you sleep until morning.
*BAM*
You wake up to gunfire, VERY close to the shack. It is early morning, and someone is on the left side of the shack outside, firing a gun. You hear someone yell, and a rifle shot cracks through the air. All is silent.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

After wiping my eyes, I advance to the door, readying my fire axe. I keep it raised, ready to attack anyone who may enter.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Cool it, I'm not infected." I calmly address the skittish survivor, "Did you hear that car? I saw it wreck and I'm going to check it out."

marinecorps101
marinecorps101
604 posts
Peasant

I answer that I was sent here by (roddney? Robbey? Who was it?)

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Job: Automobile engineer
Money: 100
Gear: Toolbox, Torn Backpack, Kimber Pistol
Torn Backpack: 4 Water Bottles, 2 Soup Cans
Toolbox: 2 Wrenches, 1 Ratchet, One Screwdriver,.45 ACP (2)

When I get up, I decide to head downtown and try to group up with any survivors I meet. When it's night, I go into an open building for shelter.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Spike Hontonchi
Job: Secret Service Agent
Gear:

I'd like to arm myself with something before going outside. im assuming i have some sort of firearm in my house...but i will let you deside that. for now i go to my kitchen and grab a fillay knife, then walk outside to see whats going on with the screaming woman.

i understand this isnt the zombie apocalypse but things might get messy with this virus...

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

You stand by the door and await anyone's arrival. You listen, but hear nothing outside. You wait some more, and you hear two voices whispering to each other outside the door.
"He is dead."
"Obviously. I shot him in the face."
"Here. Some goods he had on him."
"This is all?"
"Yeah."
The rest of the words you can't quite here, but you lastly hear a raised voice.
"Check the little house there. Might have something worthwhile!"

The man gulps and nods. He then backs up until he is pressed against, the wall, still holding the knife and shaking even more. "You... you don't want my stuff?"

You tell the person:
"Umm... I was sent here by... Roddney? No... Ronny! Ronny sent me here..."
She stepped behind the door for a second, and waved at you to come inside.
You step inside, and its very nicely decorated, far different from the dusty moldy building of the city. She closes the door behind you, and asks you a single question.
"Is my son okay? Why did he send you here?"

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

You head downtown, which is surprisingly empty and quiet. You start searching around, and only find burnt out places where fires had been. You head back to your house and sleep. In the morning, you awake to the dull pain of someone holding a gun to your head.

Name: Spike Hontonchi
Job: Secret Service Agent
Gear: Knife, Nutrient Bar (2), Water Bottle

You search around the place for gear, finding a knife, two nutrient bars, and a single water bottle. You walk outside and start heading towards the sound of a screaming woman. You arrive at a scene of catastrophe. A small car is flipped upside down, on fire. Inside is the woman, trying to crawl out of a shattered window.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

I tell the person, in a quiet and slow voice, that I'll give you whatever you want, just don't hurt me.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

"Check the little house there. Might have something worthwhile!"

My heart begins to race, and I panic slightly, but stay in position. I would have never thought I'd need to take someones life, but the moment that is passing right now is forcing me to think realistically and somewhat desperately. I come to the resolve that even if they aren't going to kill me on sight, I still need to do whatever it takes to survive. I conclude that I may not have much to live for in this day and age, but I'm not going to be taken down by any degenerates. These men are already painted as enemies.

I ready the axe, holding the handle with both my hands as the butt of the axe itself lies against my right shoulder to reduce the amount of fatigue it has on me. I stay behind the door, so when it opens, I can easily connect my axe to the enemies face.
Showing 31-45 of 51