ForumsNews and FeedbackAbility to Delete your Own Comments on Games and Other User's Profiles

4 6571
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I don't know how many times I've posted a review for a game and there were some, or a bunch, of spelling and grammar mistakes that I missed. It would seem very helpful to be able to delete your own comments on games as well as other users profiles. :]

• 4 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Has been discussed before and may come sometime in the *near* future. On the other hand I think an edit button would be more efficient than just deleting your entire comment...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Why not write your review in another program (Word, Notepad, etc.), review your review and only then post it?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Why not write your review in another program (Word, Notepad, etc.), review your review and only then post it?

Yes, yes :], but you'd be surprised what can happen right before you post.
Like you see the little dots in the corner of the textbox you type in for comments and forums posts? It let's you extend or contract the size of the textbox. So one review I posted I extended the textbox over the game border and into the ad space on the left side of the page. Well. doing that makes it impossible to scroll, because the scroll bar is over an ad and when you click the scroll bar, your computer ignores that and clicks the ad instead. So I went to scroll but somehow dragged the ad link into the end of my review. Makes me look like some sort of spambot. Ahhhh o.0 the frustration lol.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Stating the obvious perhaps, but should the option ever be considered for forum posts: Disable/never enable the ability to delete an entire thread by deleting first post.

Can lead to severe defacement in case of drama queen members (fellow mods not excluded)* leaving with doors slamming (oops, where's my umbrella) & taking their entire post history with them. (On that note, disable the ability -- for any posts, period, and including any edit option -- after an x period upon posting. I've said this before, but it will otherwise still deface threads.)

* I've had it where the option had been disabled for members, but was still open to mods. Needless to say we learned the hard way that that, too, is unwanted.

Showing 1-4 of 4