ForumsGamesBattlefield 4 or COD Ghost?

56 41098
wizardwaster
wizardwaster
2 posts
Nomad

Whats better, im looking for a community vote to see which the people think is better!

• 56 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I dont know, im the kind of person who needs to play both games. Im indecisive like that.
BF looks very pretty, CoD looks like fun. I tend to lean on the CoD side of things most of the time, so I will probably end up enjoying that game more.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

TF2

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Battlefront 3

~~~Darth Caedus

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

>.>

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

woah... anyway, KZ:SF > BF4>>>>>MW3 w/ Dog

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

ghosts actually looks different in alot of ways this time, bf4 looks exactly like bf3.. so b4 is a renter for me

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

why are we having another COD vs. something thread...
I got to go with ghost though

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

BF4 I mean come on when are you going to see a skyscraper crash into the see in CoD?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

BF4, I love having giant maps with 64 player battles. Can't have that in CoD.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

to be honest, i was looking foward to bf4 and even pre ordered it, but once i saw the multiplayer footage it looked too much like bf3.. then i see ghosts looks different, so i switched my pre order, yes i will continue you buy cod for another year

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Really guys? Ghosties on the account that BF4 is too similar to its predecessor? What's there left for them to add? That's the thing, CoD can add a buttload of stuff but Battlefield can't because they already have everything in the first place.

@Dink: Because it's not as if everybody thought that about the last 2 Call of Duty's...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Ghosties on the account that BF4 is too similar to its predecessor?

Yet thats all Battlefield fanboys complain about CoD doing this, then brag about non-existent innovation. My favorite is "The gameplay mechanics dont change". Its an fps, its not going to change! If it changes its not going to be the game anymore!
While on the topic, BF fans annoy the hell out of me. Sure, CoD doesnt have a good community, but Battlefield's is just terrible. They make it their life long goal to go to every YouTube video remotely related to CoD, leave a dislike and start a fps war again. Then they proceed to insult the CoD community as young, when in reality BF's community is just the same.
Battlefield can't because they already have everything in the first place.

It doesnt have everything, it just has no where to go. Try changing your gameplay mechanics.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Battlefield 4 can't be too much different than Battlefield 3. COD Ghost's has already been confirmed with some really cool new ideas.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Except BF4 has multiple new game modes, and has Commander mode.

"The mode will be playable on a tablet alone, without the requirement of a PC or console. Unlike in previous games, the Commander is not present on the battlefield as a player, and is instead an observer who leads his team from a dedicated screen. Commanders have a number of tools and gadgets at their disposal, and can drop supplies, vehicles, call in missile strikes, and more. The better the squads are doing, the more tools and gadgets the Commander as access to."

This hasn't been in BF3 or BC2, and you guys are completely ignoring its existence. What's new in CoD? A dog? A few game modes and some kill streaks?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The issue is that BF has shown that it can and will innovate to make a more enjoyable experience for the gamer. CoD, on the other hand, has been largely stagnant. The largest jump was from CoD4 to MW2; since then its largely plateaued as far as innovations have occurred.

Then theres the fact that Activision is horrible at actually implementing things; it either rips straight out of other games and passes it off as unique, or has highly linear, scripted events that make it more like a movie and less like a game.

Commander in BF is more innovative then say, Kill Confirmed. Cross Platform integreation is likely the future: Wii U has dabbled with the pad-device thing, BF Commander will be from a seperate device, Ubisoft will have a Watchdog's app to assist actual gamers. And CoD has... A console.

Not to mention there hasn't been a balanced gun game since CoD4... Nearly five years ago. I shouldn't be able to absolutely r*pe people with a UMP 45/MP7/ACR/SCAR/FAMAS because the gun is just that OP. Or the fact that AR/SMGs are the only useful weapons to use since the maps are pathetically small and poorly designed at that.

But implying CoD is somehow better because it has less stuff in it... That's hilariously painful to read, given the multitude of things BF has that CoD doesn't.

Showing 1-15 of 56