ForumsGamesLast Stand: Dead Zone - raiding tips?

18 38104
owsharp
owsharp
1 posts
Nomad

Tried posting in the official game forums but it takes days to get approved for posting, I guess...

Any tips for a newbie raider? I just got attacked for the first time yesterday, and I want to try to deliver a little pay back. I put out a bounty, and someone collected on it, but it would be fun to try raiding this jerk myself.

I'm level 15, have a very good collection of level-appropriate equipment and the ability to craft a lot of starter active gear (grenades etc.) Have a fighter-specialized leader, 1 medic, 1 recon, 1 engi, 1 scavenger and the rest fighters.

I just don't even know starter tactics. Should I take all long rifles and range-increasing glasses and try to snipe the defenders out, or does that always lose vs. watch towers? One guy with a melee weapon to kill barriers, or more than that? Do I need to bring my Medic or is the leader good enough? Recon/engi for traps or more fighter heavy?

Any tips appreciated I figure at a minimum I'll bring some smoke grenades and satchel charges and at least one guy with a long rifle and see how it works out.

• 18 Replies
Roki_09
Roki_09
1 posts
Chancellor

Get stronger first.

Etheplayer
Etheplayer
1 posts
Nomad

Hi, I'm level 17, and after raiding a TON for my alliance, I got a few basic tips. These are crucial to me since every time I go without these tips into an enemy compound, I get wrecked.
1. Farm the same enemy. Make sure that the enemy you obliterated before has the stuff you want, then deploy your troops where you did before.
2. Suppress the enemy with all the guns you have. Then, make sure that when you have some men stop firing, the enemy is still always suppressed. Advance with a leader/recon to make sure you don't get booby trapped, break through, then ANNIHILATE all defenders.
3. Destroy all enemy buildings. I know people have already said this, but destroy all enemy defences. This has a variety of reasons. For one, if you are in an alliance and you raided for the points, your alliance can later raid more easily. Also, the enemy will need to tend to their wreckage of a compound.
4. You team should consist of the following: At least 1 healer, 1 scavenger, one person that can lay down heavy fire, 1 melee, and 1 sniper. These may overlap (A scavenger that uses Melee), but make sure you have them all if you need to raid the enemy in a somewhat fortified area.
5. Grenade the enemy. Wait until your grenadier is not suppressed, then toss the grenade. If you used a damage one, then you should heavily damage the enemy defenders, and you may even KO some of them. If using smoke, just remember you can't toss grenades or shoot through the smoke yourself, use it to hide something, or to get into position when otherwise you would get hammered.
6.Think if the enemy has traps. Imagine his base as if it was yours, being able to see his traps. Don't order your men through a hole in the enemy defences, they probably laid a wire trap/ding dong/scatterbomb/WOM. If this is your first time raiding someone new, have the trap spotter move very slowly until you reach the desired spot. If there is a solid wall of traps, bring out the disarmer.
Oh yeah, if you have spare fuel and you want someone who raided you dead, but you yourself can't take down the raider, toss a bounty on him/her and watch him/her squirm as millions of hunters come for him.

Showing 16-17 of 18