ForumsThe TavernThat moment when you realize that you're a Hipster...

11 2065
DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
376 posts

Is also the moment when you realize how awesome you really are.

Basically, the purpose of this thread is: the moment you realized you were a Hipster.

• 11 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,562 posts

I was in Human Anatomy class and we were talking about the bones of the skull.

One particular bone was Ethmoid bone.

http://img.tfd.com/MosbyMD/thumb/ethmoid_bone.jpg

I spoke up and said "you know what will help me remember ethmoid bone? It looks like the spaceship from Galaga."

Silence. "What...no one here has played Galaga?"

Stifled laughter. Doctor Hugues tilts head with a mashed up face.

"Does nobody no what an Atari is??"

I left class in a somber mood when the bell rang.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,538 posts

"Does nobody no what an Atari is??"

/clutches atari shirt to chest

To be fair, whenever I've got friends over I try and get them to play Namcomuseum for Gamecube with me.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

The moment I realized I was a conformist trying to act like a non-conformist would have to be when talking to my friends about music, and I brought up Neutral Milk Hotel.*

*thisstorymayormaynotbealietotalksmackonHipsters

daleks
daleks
3,791 posts

Namcomuseum for Gamecube

Got that game for PS2. It is one of the few games I still play. So much fun.
jeol
jeol
3,845 posts

Slowly, as I began my college semester, I realized that a lot of people actually do listen to pop music - specifically, all the friends I just made. They didn't even know who Daft Punk was at first until I mentioned, "Get Lucky". None of them had heard of Kavinsky or College, or even watched the movie Drive. They didn't know Justice or A Silent Film or Archive or Bon Iver or Neon Indian or ... Well... You get the point.

I think I lost a little bit of my soul that day.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

If I ever become a hipster, please hit me. I'm not against hipsters or anything, I just don't understand the point of the ironic anti-conformity mumbo jumbo. Seems too contradictory to be appreciated.

jeol
jeol
3,845 posts

If I ever become a hipster, please hit me. I'm not against hipsters or anything, I just don't understand the point of the ironic anti-conformity mumbo jumbo. Seems too contradictory to be appreciated.

A true hipster wouldn't call himself a hipster - he would simply find himself in a position where most of what he doesn't match 'normality'. I don't listen to the music I listen to because it's not pop, but because I find it to be good music - most people just so happen to listen to other things which I happen to find not as good.

In essence, this thread is a contradiction.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

YOU'RE a contradiction

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
376 posts

Funny, how everyone makes it seem as if being a Hipster is a bad thing. But really...being a Hipster is the best thing evar. Just saying, to make sure that everyone knows.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,387 posts

I realized I was a hipster one day when I put on glasses, was listening to music, and saying:

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Watch you weave then breathe your...

then I stopped singing and had to go through days of therapy.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I wear my sunglasses at night

I WEAR MY SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT
Showing 1-11 of 11