Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

That moment when you realize that you're a Hipster...

Posted Sep 13, '13 at 9:25pm

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

363 posts

Is also the moment when you realize how awesome you really are.

Basically, the purpose of this thread is: the moment you realized you were a Hipster.

Posted Sep 13, '13 at 9:34pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,149 posts

I was in Human Anatomy class and we were talking about the bones of the skull.

One particular bone was Ethmoid bone.

http://img.tfd.com/MosbyMD/thumb/ethmoid_bone.jpg

I spoke up and said "you know what will help me remember ethmoid bone? It looks like the spaceship from Galaga."

Silence. "What...no one here has played Galaga?"

Stifled laughter. Doctor Hugues tilts head with a mashed up face.

"Does nobody no what an Atari is??"

I left class in a somber mood when the bell rang.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 12:16am

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,179 posts

"Does nobody no what an Atari is??"

/clutches atari shirt to chest

To be fair, whenever I've got friends over I try and get them to play Namcomuseum for Gamecube with me.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 12:32am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,604 posts

The moment I realized I was a conformist trying to act like a non-conformist would have to be when talking to my friends about music, and I brought up Neutral Milk Hotel.*

*thisstorymayormaynotbealietotalksmackonHipsters

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 9:07am

daleks

daleks

3,234 posts

Namcomuseum for Gamecube

Got that game for PS2. It is one of the few games I still play. So much fun.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 9:21am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Slowly, as I began my college semester, I realized that a lot of people actually do listen to pop music - specifically, all the friends I just made. They didn't even know who Daft Punk was at first until I mentioned, "Get Lucky". None of them had heard of Kavinsky or College, or even watched the movie Drive. They didn't know Justice or A Silent Film or Archive or Bon Iver or Neon Indian or ... Well... You get the point.

I think I lost a little bit of my soul that day.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 7:25pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

If I ever become a hipster, please hit me. I'm not against hipsters or anything, I just don't understand the point of the ironic anti-conformity mumbo jumbo. Seems too contradictory to be appreciated.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 10:38pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

If I ever become a hipster, please hit me. I'm not against hipsters or anything, I just don't understand the point of the ironic anti-conformity mumbo jumbo. Seems too contradictory to be appreciated.

A true hipster wouldn't call himself a hipster - he would simply find himself in a position where most of what he doesn't match 'normality'. I don't listen to the music I listen to because it's not pop, but because I find it to be good music - most people just so happen to listen to other things which I happen to find not as good.

In essence, this thread is a contradiction.

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 10:52pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,604 posts

YOU'RE a contradiction

Posted Sep 14, '13 at 11:01pm

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

363 posts

Funny, how everyone makes it seem as if being a Hipster is a bad thing. But really...being a Hipster is the best thing evar. Just saying, to make sure that everyone knows.

Reply to That moment when you realize that you're a Hipster...

You must be logged in to post a reply!