ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Beasts (Current battle: pg. 39)

366 132515
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

This thread is just like Battle of the Bands or Battle of the Brands, except with creatures.
Basically all you do is you vote for an animal that would beat the other.
Today we will solve one of movies greatest mysteries:
Lions
http://eofdreams.com/data_images/dreams/lion/lion-05.jpg

Vs.

Bears
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/005/cache/grizzly-bear_566_600x450.jpg

Which one is stronger?

• 366 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It updated before I posted.

Hence why you should have read the post..

[and in case you are going to try and pull a "updated right before I posted"...that was a solid day before you posted]
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to have to go with the Yeti, because it has become so notable, people around the world actually believe it's real!

I'm sure there are people who believe the Rancor is real too, but in that case, I'm not so sure those people would have the firmest grip on reality to begin with... =P

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Yeti. I don't know what the **** is a Rancor.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Rancor of course. Even the most fearsome fantasy depiction of a Yeti wouldn't really stand against this mountain of tough hide, fangs, claws and muscles.

Yeti. I don't know what the **** is a Rancor.

So I could have said Fly vs Rancor and you would have voted fly? Read up before voting; R2D2 even provided links.
Not to be mean or anything, but vote motivations like these shouldn't even count.
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Guys guys this is a battle between beasts not a popularity contest. Rancor would win in a battle.

Yetis are far more cooler though, but in the context of what is being asked, Rancor is my vote.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

My vote is for Rancor. Just look at that picture.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Rancor looks so bad *** and a yeti is just a white gorilla how can anyone honestly believe a yeti would win.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

This battle is a bit one-sided. Not because, from most points of view, the Rancor would easily win in a fight--it's roughly 2-3 times the size of the Yeti--but because there are actually specific details regarding one particular creature and not the other. Since the Rancor was created by a science fiction writer for a science fiction universe, everything you need to know about the creature can be found right there on one page, and nobody besides hardcore Star Wars nerds would think to fact-check it, because all the facts that exist about it are, as Ernie said, purely fictional.

The Yeti, in contrast, is based on an old legend rather than a world-renowned science fiction series, and because of the mystery behind the speculation of the creature's existence, there is almost no consistent information regarding this creature. I don't believe one way or the other if this creature is real, but regardless of whether it's a flesh-and-blood creature or just the figment of the imagination of some old Tibetan man who lived many a century ago, there is too little information on the creature to determine how it would fare in battle against any creature, real or fictional.

So does this help the Rancor's case? Not necessarily. For all that's been known and said about the Yeti, it could have extreme pyrokinetic abilities that could allow it to blow the Rancor to smithereens in the blink of an eye. Not at all likely, but we don't have the evidence to prove otherwise.

In short, it doesn't make sense to me to pair a creature we known literally everything about with one we know next to nothing about. I abstain from voting, because I have no reason to believe that one could beat the other if paired against each other.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Rancor wins.

Time for the next battle and it was presented by that guy wearing the weird wizard clothes.

Dragon

VS

Stone golem

Start voting ye people.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Dragon because.. Gollom is just a stone.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

It really depends... some incarnations of Golems are known to be able to regenerate just by being near an element of their substance, and some are known to be able to consume their substance or just life energy and be able to grow larger and more powerful. Others are magically enchanted and are invulnerable towards attacks unless overwhelmed by some immense magical power. And let's not forget the fact that golems are easy to construct with a bit of magical chanting here and there and wham, you have a pretty strong minion.

On the flip side, there are quite a number of incarnations for dragons as well. Some, like in Asian mythology, are revered as gods and certainly have the power to back up their status. Others are the traditional "invulnerable scales" and "breathes fire" archetype. Unlike golems, however, they don't come in too much different of variety, except for different appearances here and there along with different breath powers.

If we were to pit the strongest incarnation of golems and the strongest incarnation of dragons, Dragons would most definitely win. That's not to say golems would always lose, as a number of these would take on any regular dragon any day and still win. But not if the dragon is a god.

So, I'm going with dragons just because they're so overpowered.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Dragon, obviously.

Pick up the golem then drop it from a great height...boom.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

dragons can fly and breathe fire. much cooler than a walking talking rock man.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Just because of how much influence they've had on today's culture, I have to vote for the dragon! Whether it's an elusive Chinese foe or a vicious guardian of a castle, the dragon is one of the most awesome beasts to ever not walk the face of the Earth! =)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Meant to do this yesterday but I had to think of another battle.
And oh have I thought of one.

AUTO

VS!!!!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLaDOS]GLaDOS

Showing 181-195 of 366