ForumsThe TavernI Couldn't Resist

9 3482
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

So I've been teaching German foreign exchange students how to speak English over the summer. Usually I begin my course with something simple. This last week we started going over numbers. By Thursday we had gotten up to the number eight. So on Friday, before I started my lesson, I asked my class if they knew the English number that came after English number eight. The whole class responded at once, "nein." I must be doing a really great job!

• 9 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

They must be very dedicated to there studies if they are willing to work ahead. You must have inspired them.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Well, either the accent is kicking in and it sounded like nein or they are trying to be ironic. Either way that was priceless!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

They must be very dedicated to there studies if they are willing to work ahead. You must have inspired them.

>They must be very dedicated to there studies if they are willing to work ahead.
>They must be very dedicated to there studies
>dedicated to there studies
>there studies
>there

You should take a page outta there book

-----

Does this mean you will post all their failures and misfortunes on here so we can laugh at them for being inferior in the English language?
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Does this mean you will post all their failures and misfortunes on here so we can laugh at them for being inferior in the English language?

that would get pretty old...assuming that's what your trying to say, I agree.

I don't really find it funny anyways
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

No, because....

It was just a horribly awful, miserable, joke I came up with late last night .

I was going to title the thread, "What you expect to find on a Freeze Pop." Because of these:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6g5j8Sy1I1rpbrnho1_500.png

But look at the different names for ice pops:

Freeze Pop
Freezer Pop
Ice Lolly
Popsicle
Ice Pop
Ice Block

Given AG has a pretty International community, I figured that title would narrow down the people that get the reference.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So you lied to me..betrayed my trust..for a silly joke?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

So you lied to me..betrayed my trust..for a silly joke?

Sorry. I feel bad now, grief stricken even.

Time for kummerspeck.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I became a Spanish tutor last week as an internship. I basically teach college-bound Spanish speaking immigrants English. My favorite activities include speaking in horrendous accents, imitating famous people, and saying things I'd never get away with when speaking to an American-born person. I love messing with people like that haha.

They laugh too. :3

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Meant to say English tutor. How ironically embarrassing.

Showing 1-9 of 9