ForumsGamesWhat makes a good game in your opinion?

21 10890
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys been a long time since i made a topic huh?

well anyways me and my friends have a website for the game we are creating, we already looked into the programs and engines and everything else we need but also i would like ideas from you guys.

it's gonna be online multiplayer and i would like to know what you think makes a good multiplayer game (campaign will be released later on).

give me good ideas that should be put into a online multiplayer game to keep it fun? for multiplayer its going to be futuristic, might be like a mix of dust 514 and halo but being different at the same thing [just trying to give an idea on how to explain what it might look like]

• 21 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Replayability is key for me if I buy a game I want to get atleast 15-20 hours out of it before I get bored of it hence why I never spend full price for a single player only game because especially if they are on a fixed path I can never play them through a second time and only ever get a few hours play time out of them and when I compare it to a game like black ops 2 where I have 284 hours play time it seems like a rip off to pay more then a few pounds for a game where I will get only a fraction of the time out of it.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

For an Online Multiplayer I expect a lot content. Especially end-game. I quit playing a lot of MMO's once I reach Max level because there is nothing to do so I find that pretty important.

Also make it a fun world to explore. Don't make it hundreds of separate grass field with NPC's in it but make it a world.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I believe that it revolves around 5 basic things:
1.)Graphics-they should be attractive and up with the time
2.)Storyline-It has to be original and keep our attention
3.)Extras/playtime-Different game modes, multiplayer, DLC's, and special missions will guarantee longer playtime.
4.)Soundtrack-Music makes the game. If there is no crappy music, it brings down the game's value.
5.)Altogether Gameplay-With comfortable controls, exciting interaction, and overall smooth playing, any game would be considered "Good."

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

so far for dlc i know we will have

new places to play online in, new weapons, new camo for weapons, new characters, new ability skills

also thinking of when a certain amount of players reach max level we will had even more ranks at the same time of a new dlc

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

1700 views, barely any comments, im like wtf?

gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

It has to have MMO, be an FPS, a decent campain, good weapons, great graphics, and nooo lag....

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

1: Sad moments
2: Great graphics
3: Action =)
4. Online gameplay
5: Use microphone
6: LONG 1P mode.
7:12/more players in a match

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Smooth gameplay
Short loading times
Good Graphics and general sound
I am more interested in First Person Shooting games so I would have to say that the game needs to either be really cool or realistic either one works
Good storyline with replayability

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

In general, the most important part of a good game (in my honest opinion) is a good storyline. Or at least one that is humorous, or interesting.

xaeros
xaeros
54 posts
Scribe

In general, the most important part of a good game (in my honest opinion) is a good storyline. Or at least one that is humorous, or interesting.

aggre that. Also, DLCs are bad if they are badly implemented (see Final Fantasy : All The Bravest for a good example of really bad DLC).
A little RPG (be it only chara design) is also a good thing
FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

I like strategy games that continue after the storyline ends so that you can just have fun with your ultimate teams. shooters must have multiplayer, a good storyline, the campaign must have a good sniper mission for when you just want to mess with the computer and see what they will do (talking about CoD's Modern Warfare mission "All Ghillied Up" mission here)

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Options. Don't make a game that sets you on a straight path, and make the choices meaningful later in the game. Take Skyrim for example: The reason it gets so much praise is because there is an endless amount of paths you can take; You can become a legend, that the bards will sing about for centuries by claiming the role of the Dragonborn, or you can become a professional assassin and kill some of the most important people in the game. You could also be a hunter, thief, blacksmith, etc.
People love to have complete control of their character. Do this, and your game will be epic.

K261326
K261326
26 posts
Nomad

For me a Good game must have a Good Story and Great Graphics. It's not easy and there's a little puzzle or any mind bugging quest. The more quests the better.

Medabotz
Medabotz
11 posts
Nomad

High end Graphics and Sounds
Realistic Skill animation and character movements
Good Storyline
Good looking Environment
Theme.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts