Forums

ForumsVideo Games

What makes a good game in your opinion?

Posted Sep 16, '13 at 6:21pm

Drink

Drink

1,561 posts

Hey guys been a long time since i made a topic huh? ;)

well anyways me and my friends have a website for the game we are creating, we already looked into the programs and engines and everything else we need but also i would like ideas from you guys.

it's gonna be online multiplayer and i would like to know what you think makes a good multiplayer game (campaign will be released later on).

give me good ideas that should be put into a online multiplayer game to keep it fun? for multiplayer its going to be futuristic, might be like a mix of dust 514 and halo but being different at the same thing [just trying to give an idea on how to explain what it might look like]

Posted Sep 18, '13 at 7:05am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Replayability is key for me if I buy a game I want to get atleast 15-20 hours out of it before I get bored of it hence why I never spend full price for a single player only game because especially if they are on a fixed path I can never play them through a second time and only ever get a few hours play time out of them and when I compare it to a game like black ops 2 where I have 284 hours play time it seems like a rip off to pay more then a few pounds for a game where I will get only a fraction of the time out of it.

Posted Sep 18, '13 at 11:01am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

For an Online Multiplayer I expect a lot content. Especially end-game. I quit playing a lot of MMO's once I reach Max level because there is nothing to do so I find that pretty important.

Also make it a fun world to explore. Don't make it hundreds of separate grass field with NPC's in it but make it a world.

Posted Sep 18, '13 at 11:38am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

I believe that it revolves around 5 basic things:
1.)Graphics-they should be attractive and up with the time
2.)Storyline-It has to be original and keep our attention
3.)Extras/playtime-Different game modes, multiplayer, DLC's, and special missions will guarantee longer playtime.
4.)Soundtrack-Music makes the game.  If there is no crappy music, it brings down the game's value.
5.)Altogether Gameplay-With comfortable controls, exciting interaction, and overall smooth playing, any game would be considered "Good."

Posted Sep 22, '13 at 2:22am

Drink

Drink

1,561 posts

so far for dlc i know we will have

new places to play online in, new weapons, new camo for weapons, new characters, new ability skills

also thinking of when a certain amount of players reach max level we will had even more ranks at the same time of a new dlc

Posted Sep 26, '13 at 4:14pm

Drink

Drink

1,561 posts

1700 views, barely any comments, im like wtf?

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 8:59am

gman144

gman144

156 posts

It has to have MMO, be an FPS, a decent campain, good weapons, great graphics, and nooo lag....

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 10:46am

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,069 posts

1: Sad moments
2: Great graphics
3: Action =)
4. Online gameplay
5: Use microphone
6: LONG 1P mode.
7:12/more players in a match

Posted Sep 29, '13 at 5:34am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Smooth gameplay
Short loading times
Good Graphics and general sound
I am more interested in First Person Shooting games so I would have to say that the game needs to either be really cool or realistic either one works
Good storyline with replayability

Posted Sep 29, '13 at 6:31am

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

In general, the most important part of a good game (in my honest opinion) is a good storyline. Or at least one that is humorous, or interesting.

Reply to What makes a good game in your opinion?

You must be logged in to post a reply!