ForumsGamesMonster Hunter 3 Ultimate Lagiacrus help

13 5329
FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

What is a good weapon for the Lagiacrus? I'm good with the lance, gunlance, Sword and Sheild, and Dual Swords.

• 13 Replies
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Well, I would normally use Switch Axe or Dual Swords on that guy...

But I suggest you use Swords and Shield on him. You need the maneuverability to dodge his electric shocks.

Lance and GL are also good options since the blocking helps a lot and you can just back jump when he uses the electric shock.

Also, he's much easier if you have the Circle Pad Pro (If you are playing this on 3DS like me)

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

I do have a 3ds. What's your friend code? mine is on the newcomers forum. the post is labeled "Hi, guys. I'm FreckledTerror" to find it easier.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

To sort of echo what Chrome said, really you can defeat any monster using a lance. Just like any monster in any MH game, its just about recognizing their attack pattern and being able to defend yourself; the lance is a great weapon because blocking doesn't cut into health, you're mobile while blocking, and it doesn't affect sharpness like if you were using a GS. Just don't get blasted by a thunder attack; i'm not sure you can block it. I know you can't block an Agnaktor's fire-beam, so I'd have to check it out.

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

Good tips, but I meant what weapon (name specific if possible) should I use? if not name specific, then element specific, please.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Switch Axe is what I used to defeat him. Not sure the exact name of the weapon but I know it was 100% upgraded. I'd also work hard to get water armor so he doesn't deal massive damage to you.

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

Thanks, rychus! I'll try to work on my ability with the Switch Axe, I wanted to be good with it at first, but took me a long time to do any good with it.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Oh and before anything... get water breathing potions! You don't want to be pinned by the Lagiacrus when you need air :O

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

Oh, yeah! thanks for reminding me, rychus

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

hen element specific, please.

The Lagiacrus is weak to fire, however the only fire lance available is the Agnaktor Spiral Heat/Agnaktor Firelance line. There are more early options available for S&S, however, and that may be desirable considering the Lagia's decent speed. You would have two choices here; The Qurepeco Bone Tomahawk, which is powerful but also singular (in its line) and has very poor sharpness, or the Qurupeco Chopper, which is less powerful, but evolves later into the Blazing Falchion of the Rathalos line.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

if not name specific, then element specific, please.

If you're fighting him in high rank, I suggest you get Slime Weapons. These things are the best in the game due to their versatility.

But Brachydios can be hard to kill tho. But if this is low rank, I suggest Rathalos or Agnaktor duds.
FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

I'm doing low rank, thanks for the help, guys!

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

One more thing to consider is that the majority of the fight will take place under water, so regardless of what weapon you choose, it's important for you to be good enough with it to stay mobile, because I remember Lagiacrus loving his ramming attacks.

As for elements, fire works the best as mentioned before. Defense-wise, I'd favor electricity over water defense, since that helps you against both his projectile attack and his more dangerous attacks in general.

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

thanks for the tips, Kenty!

Showing 1-13 of 13