ForumsNews and Feedback[necro] adds and now movie trailers

14 7831
haslador
haslador
2 posts
Nomad

what the hell the 100 ads we got is not enough?

Wolfius_Ravenheart said: Wtf! It is a site for games! Not for advertising! Ogdred said: Really ..... now even trailers on Armorgames ...they are ruining the site ! Fatness said: What the crap is this ITS NOT A GAME soulsythe11 said: AG is going into a dark place right now. What was once a beacon of great flash games and a breeding ground for great developers is now a sewer of MMO make-money-quick scams and now...blatant advertisement and endorsements... Sidewinder_Fang said: umm, may I please remind the staff here that this is Armor Games... Games... GAMES!!! Its in the name you muppets! dnut said: way to sell out guys. Krangby said: i went to the main site for good quailty flash games not Thor, if i wanted to see the trailer i would've gone to youtbe EngiTheViking said: Why do you bring slop to me? I demand a game about Vikings, not a movie trailer. THIHT said: the is armor GAMES not armor TRAILERS sparetk1 said: Putting MMO on the new games is already annoying enough, now movie trailer??? When can we get more quality mini games?

• 14 Replies
Stiletto
Stiletto
1 posts
Blacksmith

Fully agreed. Are you really not making enough money without turning ArmorGames into just another one of the many crappy flash game sites out there? Most of the rest are already covered in ads, horrible for loading because of all the garbage around the game(and very distracting from the game itself).

Armor Games has had a good site for a long time, but I guess Kongregate will have to suffice if they drop the ball.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I was indeed wondering if this was setting a new trend.

benni369
benni369
328 posts
Shepherd

I know about this mess, and it's a stupid decision!

benni369
benni369
328 posts
Shepherd

That armor games made, I mean.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I completely disagree with the increasing number of ads lately. They weren't so bad a while back, but now ads absolutely fill the screen.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I can expet that AG need money and if they hold it on one movie-ad at a time its ok... but if it becomes rampant it would be hard to find normal flash-games... the front is cluttered with all of these MMOs...

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

OK, time to add my two cents to this conversation: First, I do agree that there are A LOT of adds, and MMO's on armor games, of late.

Secondly, I do NOT think that the Thor trailer, was not advertising. As Ferret himself said, It isn't advertising, they just happen to be looking forward to the movie.

And last of all, remember, all of this is my opinion, so feel free to challenge it.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I just realized this. I meant to say I do NOT think that the Thor trailer is advertising.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

1. In order for ArmorGames to get money(although they might have other ways) they have ads and they get paid for these ads.

2. If you hate ads just download ad blocker.

Amarantamin
Amarantamin
58 posts
Jester

I liked the Thor trailer. I don't have television and was looking forward to the movie, so it was exciting to see it here. It's also nice to know the AG crew also enjoys sharing things like this, it makes them feel more personable.

Honestly, advertisements will be, they're not worth complaining about. Many other flash game sites don't have the strong community support or consistent site-wide structure that AG has. It's much easier to find specific games or sort through lists of new games here than it is anywhere else; sites like Kongregate (as mentioned above) have no problem satling a list of top games with a bunch of slapped-together mess. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Amarantamin
Amarantamin
58 posts
Jester

On a related note (sorry for the double-post, an Edit button to amend the first would have been better), citing that AG needs the ads for money and then telling people to use ad blocker is counter-intuitive. If you block the ads, they don't get money. If they don't get money, they have to advertise more to the people who don't block ads. If you want the number of ads to decrease (or at least stop increasing), don't block the ads; just accept them and let AG get paid for their efforts.

haslador
haslador
2 posts
Nomad

main fact is they put a add right in with the games on the main page and this is armorsgames not armorgameswithads

up-till now all ads had there own place and games had there own place

all there doing is spamming our game section with ads at this point adding this

if they want to add movie trailers fine then make a section for it just like ads and games have but don't go spamming out games section with this crap.

any one who wants to see movie trailers can easily do so in another section and yes there is plenty out there who wouldn't mind seeing them my self included.

with out considering us they just tossed it in there and waited for the repercussions instead of asking us here on the forums in the first place

Amarantamin
Amarantamin
58 posts
Jester

The movie trailer is not present in any games category on the website; it's on the main page, where -all- updates of -all- kinds go.

What's your definition of 'spam', exactly? One movie trailer after hundreds, if not thousands, of game updates is 'spam'?

And, um... what repercussions? Making more money so that the site can continue going? If they had of asked, most of us would agree that that's a worthwhile goal.

Plus, it's not like the movie trailers are disguised or tricking you in some way. It didn't show up as a Thor game with ratings and turn out to be a trailer instead; it directly says [MOVIE TRAILER] in nice big capital letters. Saying that's somehow 'spamming' when you can easily ignore it and choose any other game is like saying that every game you choose not to play is also 'spamming', per your logic. It takes up the same amount of space, it's equally clearly defined, and it's equally able to be ignored.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

If you block the ads, they don't get money. If they don't get money, they have to advertise more to the people who don't block ads.

That's not how advertising works, ArmorGames still has to get paid for ads no matter what. If everyone on ArmorGames had ads blocked ArmorGames will still get paid for them.

main fact is they put a add right in with the games on the main page and this is armorsgames not armorgameswithads

I'm sure if you had a job you would want to get paid too.
Showing 1-14 of 14