ForumsNews and FeedbackForum Search

7 4589
justtesting
justtesting
5 posts
Nomad

Is there a way to search forum posts? The search field at the top of the page seems to be for games only.

• 7 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Go nuts. Just don't reply to any threads that died from 2012 to 2008.

justtesting
justtesting
5 posts
Nomad

That search says it was last updated in june 2009. Couldn't the admins just make a search feature in the forums? Seems like a pretty basic thing.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Couldn't the admins just make a search feature in the forums?

Back in the olden days they had an option to turn the current "search games" bar into a community search bar, but they removed it. I think it only searched by thread name though, and for a search drawing from every word of every topic in the history of the forum, I think it was just more economical to keep it separate from the website itself.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Justtesting. I just used the link R2 provided to the search bar. It is up-to-date. I searched my name "Rychus" and It came up with things that I've posted today, and things I posted before. I even found my very first post.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

That search says it was last updated in june 2009.

So you couldn't even try it to see if it brings anything after 2009?
justtesting
justtesting
5 posts
Nomad

It's fine to use google to search the forums, I was just wondering why there wasn't a forum search in the site. Maybe the admins could just put a link to the google search somewhere in the forums instead. That would make it easier for ppl to find help.

ShaggyKid
ShaggyKid
2 posts
Nomad

Just so people will cry I guess

Showing 1-7 of 7