even i changed from Chrome to firefox, the games still show black for me,

Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 221 Replies
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

However, it'd hardly be eliminating their revenue. They lasted for how many years without Google Ads?

As more games flow into the site, it requires a larger server to host those games. When the amount of people triples, it requires a larger server to handle so many people. Servers cost money. Money comes from advertisements. The site has grown massive in the last few years. Removing ads from Google would force Dan and the other Admins to pay out of their pockets to keep the site afloat.
LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

You forgot to mention that the additional traffic on the site generates more ad revenue. That's an important part, since even without Google Ads, advertisement revenue does increase with traffic.

Regardless, it's a moot point. I already said I'm not advocating removing Google Ads, so long as a bypass can be found. I know they need revenue, and so long as I'm not hamstrung by the ads, I have no issue.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I'd also like to point out that the only reason I posted on this thread was because I am also experiencing the black screen of death. I have no parental controls, and I can access Youtube normally. I have only had it since yesterday, I have no idea why.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

Stinkyjim, make sure you post answers to Ferret's questions on page 10. While YouTube is the major known source of this problem, there seem to be a few things that can cause it. Even if my problem is never fixed, I would hope yours could be.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you're not in the US, and if the YouTube ad that's trying to play is blocked by your region.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Very well:

[quote
] -If you refresh the page a few times, does it start working? Or even if you refresh a dozen times, it's the same result.
-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school?
-Which browsers have you tried?
-Is this for all games, or some games?
-What anti-virus, firewall, security software do you currently have installed?
-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally?
-What region are you located in?
-When did these problems start happening?
-When there is a black screen, do you hear anything or is it silent?
-Can you play MMOs on our website?
-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort?
-Do you use any sort of ad blocking software?
[/quote]

Refreshing does nothing
I am playing from home
I have only tried Internet Explorer
All games are like this
I have Norton 360 installed, but disabling it didn't help
I can access Youtube normally
I'm living in the United States, Massachusetts to be exact
The problem started 2 days ago
The black screen is silent.
I can play MMOs (but I would rather not :P )
I use a wireless router
I don't use any ad blocking software (I prefer to support the sites I visit)

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Very well:

-If you refresh the page a few times, does it start working? Or even if you refresh a dozen times, it's the same result.
-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school?
-Which browsers have you tried?
-Is this for all games, or some games?
-What anti-virus, firewall, security software do you currently have installed?
-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally?
-What region are you located in?
-When did these problems start happening?
-When there is a black screen, do you hear anything or is it silent?
-Can you play MMOs on our website?
-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort?
-Do you use any sort of ad blocking software?

Refreshing does nothing
I am playing from home
I have only tried Internet Explorer
All games are like this
I have Norton 360 installed, but disabling it didn't help
I can access Youtube normally
I'm living in the United States, Massachusetts to be exact
The problem started 2 days ago
The black screen is silent.
I can play MMOs (but I would rather not :P )
I use a wireless router
I don't use any ad blocking software (I prefer to support the sites I visit)

*Sorry for double posting, just fixing the mistake I made above. When are we gonna get an edit button?
bob111111
bob111111
1 posts
Farmer

if a game is black is because you tube is unalloyed so that the game add can't show.

TheGamerTuna
TheGamerTuna
5 posts
Farmer

From what I've read in to, it just sounds like your version of flash was corrupted upon updating. It's pretty common, I suggest removing it completely and re-downloading it.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

From what I've read in to, it just sounds like your version of flash was corrupted upon updating. It's pretty common, I suggest removing it completely and re-downloading it.

While that may sometimes help to resolve some issues, and it can't hurt to try, if you read back a little on this thread, that is not what causes this general issue.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

nb

it can't hurt to try

It (reinstalling FlashPlayer) arguably is a pain in the behind, though, esp. repeatedly and when it's not necessary.

It will notably require going over all of its settings again (assuming you don't leave them as they are), and I'm not sure now but think it may mean losing all your savegames.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

But are you blocking ads on your laptop?

korvin1978
korvin1978
3 posts
Scribe

Had the same issue till updated my adblock with new easylist and local ad list.
Had some banners before, than some stupid vids, no im clear :P
TY AG.

p.s.
http://youtube.adblockplus.me/en/

Racx
Racx
13 posts
Blacksmith

I am at work and cannot make any changes whatsoever to my version and i am experiencing the black screen also. I am using flash 11.5 and i can see youtube fine refreshed over 30 times still no game

Racx
Racx
13 posts
Blacksmith

I would just like to know if armor games are trying to get this sorted or have they given up on all the people who are in school/work and cannot change settings

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

i am experiencing the black screen also. I am using flash 11.5 and i can see youtube fine refreshed over 30 times still no game

Could be some other common blocking issues; you may want to see here & onwards from there and see if that does anything for you.
Showing 136-150 of 221