even i changed from Chrome to firefox, the games still show black for me,

Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 221 Replies
danielp248
danielp248
3 posts
Nomad

just wanna confirm what spearandsword said... i have black screen issue and i am behind K9 which blocks youtube... so that is probably the issue

wethito
wethito
3 posts
Nomad

i can view you tube on my work comp..but i have black screens on the games here

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

It's not just YouTube, it's YouTube and Google Ads that needs to be unblocked.

awesome654
awesome654
1 posts
Nomad

I got the latest version of flash player and it still doesn't work. can someone help?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Are you at school or work? As I've said in the thread, it's often related to proxy/firewall issues of blocking Google Ads and YouTube.

rbounds217
rbounds217
3 posts
Farmer

I am having the same problem. All game screens are black. How do I check if my computer is blocking Google Ads and YouTube?

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

See if you can go to www.youtube,com

It may be a combination for some, I just had to unblock www.youtube.com (i.e. put that url on my Accept List in K9) and it worked. I didn't do anything for Google Ads.

rbounds217
rbounds217
3 posts
Farmer

I have no trouble using YouTube at all. It's strange because I didn't make any changes to my computer between the date that I could play the games and the date that the black screens started.

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

It may be Google Ads then. Is this your computer or a work/school computer? Do you have a firewall or blocking program?

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

No black screens at my end. WinxP, Firefox the latest, FlashPlayer ditto, using AdBlock, BetterPrivacy, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, MaskMe, NoScript, and Self-Destructing Cookies (it arguably takes some fine-tuning between the lot To be honest, a few of these I've just installed and am still checking out; happy so far, though.)

For what it's worth, a user just reported here that:

just installed google chrome and the game works fine
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps Of course it's very true that if you're on a system guarded by some admin (e.g., at school or at work), they may have it set up to block lord knows what.

You might try explaining to them that you'd rather have access to AG while you're at it

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

I read that thread earlier and frankly, because Chrome automatically updates Adobe Flash, I'm suspicious of the claim that Adobe was "up to date" in the post before since a different browser was used.

If you are an admin of your computer, you have total control over it and so should be able try different things. If you're a using a work/school/public computer, you probably have no idea what's being blocked or allowed. Since the only change that Ferret said was the addition of Google Ads at the beginning of the games which pulls from youtube, it's a good bet that somehow, one or more of them are not being allowed on computers when games used to work before.

danielp248
danielp248
3 posts
Nomad

just want to let AG staff know that they just lost (at least) one user... I'm out.. I've been waiting for this issue to be resolved for a pretty long time now and...nothing... I'm a kid and I use a K9 protected internet connection which blocks youtube and the site has become unusable.... sorry to go cuz I loved the games but I'm movin on...

User1412
User1412
19 posts
Shepherd

At least you can try to clear your cache, if you don't know, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Del, choose all the option except Cookies (if you choose this, you may lost all save games)
Then restart the browser (close it, then open again)
Do it, at least it will solve most problems.
Remember to update your flash player and your browser
My stable browser is FF 24 with Flash player 11.7.700.224, Chrome 30.0.1599.69

Troglodit
Troglodit
14 posts
Jester

try to give all permissions to armorgames on your flash player settings, and increase storage space

Showing 46-60 of 221