ForumsSupport Forum

[MAIN THREAD] Black Screen <- Read Last Comment

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 8:37am

firebelias12

firebelias12

1 post

I have the solution:
1) Check if Youtube is blocked in your area or on the computer you are using.
IF YES:
Then try using Ad block plus on mozilla firefox or any other ad blockers on your browser.
IF NO:
Then try updating flashplayer or disabling ad blockers etc
Hope this help You.........

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 9:08am

SpearAndSword

SpearAndSword

41 posts

This is assuming you have admin rights to the computer in question... it seems most people in this situation are at work or school or library where they don't have control over what they can adjust on the computer....

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 2:34pm

Squint1

Squint1

3 posts

I noticed the AARP ad is crashing and not able to pass it

Posted Dec 4, '13 at 2:47pm

LightWarriorK

LightWarriorK

48 posts

This is assuming you have admin rights to the computer in question... it seems most people in this situation are at work or school or library where they don't have control over what they can adjust on the computer....

That's my case, for sure.

Unfortunately, I've concluded that the amount of revenue being brought in by these new ads far offsets the number of players cut out by ad blocking that's beyond their control. It's financial: it has to be, given that the issue still persists after 2+ months of this, when an eventual bypass is SO EASY.

As I stated in another thread,
it's what turns a site from using ads to keep the games up, to using the games to draw people in to see more ads.

In any case, I'm done bringing it up here. It's obvious this is the way ArmorGames and/or GoogleAds wants it to be, but I can't let it slide so easily....it's too much of a jerk move. My next move is to take advantage of my email-acquaintance with Peter Hargitai of GameInABottle, who will be releasing GemCraft Chapter 2 exclusively here early next year, and let him know that as things stands, I will not be able to play his game, and why not.

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 6:49pm

pj7776

pj7776

1 post

Me to black screen

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 7:21pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,496 posts

Let me quote Ferret (3 pages before):

-Removal or disabling any K9 Software, Firewalls, Anti-Virus software that could be blocking Google Ads or YouTube. (Primary reason for this happening)
-Testing on other browsers or computers in your area/network.
-Are you at school or work? These could have firewalls put in place by the company/school, thus can't be overcome.

Try this!^^

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 7:22pm

caveman1970

caveman1970

3 posts

I am a little upset about this whole "black Screen" thing,
I have poured money out of pocket to "buy" in game items, and now i can't play the games??? I should not have to reinstall or disable anything, was working fine, now no go..
if its a software change made by Armor Games to force me to be involved in their adds, then don't charge for game play upgrades.

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 8:00pm

caveman1970

caveman1970

3 posts

ok, checked you tube, it is not blocked, this is the same PC i have been using to play game in the past, no K9, or nanny nana boo boo, nothing blocking it on my end, it is not the game itself, in fact it seems to load just fine on Kongregate web site, looks like its something Armor Games has implemented on their end. I guess i am going to have to start gameplay over on the Kongregate site.

Posted Dec 6, '13 at 1:09am

LightWarriorK

LightWarriorK

48 posts

Let me quote Ferret (3 pages before):

-Are you at school or work? These could have firewalls put in place by the company/school, thus can't be overcome.

Try this!^^

Sooo....in that case, what are we supposed to be "trying?"

Boiled down, no fluff, no doublespeak and no beating around the bush....
"Thus can't be overcome" = "you can't play games at our site anymore."

Posted Dec 6, '13 at 11:53am

Ferret

Ferret

6,877 posts

Administrator

If you wish help with the black screen error, could you please answer these questions for us to help solve the issue. :)

-If you refresh the page a few times, does it start working? Or even if you refresh a dozen times, it's the same result.
-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school?
-Which browsers have you tried?
-Is this for all games, or some games?
-What anti-virus, firewall, security software do you currently have installed?
-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally?
-What region are you located in?
-When did these problems start happening?
-When there is a black screen, do you hear anything or is it silent?
-Can you play MMOs on our website?
-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort?
-Do you use any sort of ad blocking software?

I'll keep an eye for responses and help the best I can.