[MAIN THREAD] Black Screen <- Read Last Comment

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 22, '13 at 8:46am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

nb

it can't hurt to try

It (reinstalling FlashPlayer) arguably is a pain in the behind, though, esp. repeatedly and when it's not necessary.

It will notably require going over all of its settings again (assuming you don't leave them as they are), and I'm not sure now but think it may mean losing all your savegames.

Posted Dec 23, '13 at 10:19pm

AllenPisces

AllenPisces

1 post

we are having the same issue. using a new Ipad Air, I had zero issues and it places fine. Using my laptop I we get the issue and the same screen as posted above. Updated Flash Player, Checked settings, done about all I can do here but consistently have the issue above. Using Windows 7 on the laptop.  Previously ran Armor games Kingdom rush and other games, but now can't run any of them.

Posted Dec 24, '13 at 12:59pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,402 posts

But are you blocking ads on your laptop?

Posted Dec 28, '13 at 1:43pm

korvin1978

korvin1978

3 posts

Had the same issue till updated my adblock with new easylist and local ad list.
Had some banners before, than some stupid vids, no im clear :P 
TY AG.

p.s.
http://youtube.adblockplus.me/en/

Posted Dec 29, '13 at 4:01pm

Racx

Racx

13 posts

I am at work and cannot make any changes whatsoever to my version and i am experiencing the black screen also. I am using flash 11.5 and i can see youtube fine refreshed over 30 times still no game

Posted Dec 29, '13 at 4:32pm

Racx

Racx

13 posts

I would just like to know if armor games are trying to get this sorted or have they given up on all the people who are in school/work and cannot change settings

Posted Dec 30, '13 at 4:18am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

i am experiencing the black screen also. I am using flash 11.5 and i can see youtube fine refreshed over 30 times still no game

Could be some other common blocking issues; you may want to see here & onwards from there and see if that does anything for you.

Posted Jan 2, '14 at 8:55am

LightWarriorK

LightWarriorK

48 posts

I would just like to know if armor games are trying to get this sorted or have they given up on all the people who are in school/work and cannot change settings

Given the lack of response, Racx, I think it's safe to assume that the issue IS sorted [from their prospective] and the result IS to give up on us.  While some may have more complex issues with flash and blocking, the main issue is extremely simple.  The fact that it's still around after several months means a) AG has no power to bypass GoogleAds, likely contractually, and/or b) they have no wish to do so. 

Either way, we're screwed, and they're ok with that.

Posted Jan 3, '14 at 10:44am

Racx

Racx

13 posts

Yeah sadly it does seem that way. I do understand if they cannot do it due to a contractual agreement but what might be worth doing to still fulfill the contract they could build a script that if the add does not display the user must watch an in game add instead. Or something like that

Posted Jan 3, '14 at 11:59am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,762 posts

all the people who are in school/work and cannot change settings

Which could also means that this is out of their hands.
Dozens (or hundreds) of different "security/nanny/protection/or whatever it called" programs are available and they all have their own specifications, which needs to be '"bypassed" (if possible without hacking...)... equal how big a company may is, no one can deal with all of them.