Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[MAIN THREAD] Black Screen <- Read Last Comment

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 12:27pm

fubar23

fubar23

1 post

I can not get anything from your website to work any more. i have the latest flash player , a brand new computer and i have tried every browser i can find .The most i get is that stupid world of warplanes video that i have now seen a million times and the a blanck screen of some sort - either a black screen on chrome or a white screen on internet explorer. all sexcurity and pop up blockers have been disabled . i think its time to look for another website for gaming. too bad , ive been a faithful AG user for years now

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 4:15pm

LightWarriorK

LightWarriorK

48 posts

fubar, make sure you answer all of Ferret's questions on Page 10: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/ …

If you can watch YouTube videos, you likely don't have the primary cause of this black screen problem, so there is some other cause for you, it seems.

Posted Jan 11, '14 at 1:45pm

Tayre

Tayre

2 posts

AG is losing users because of this problem.

Posted Jan 11, '14 at 4:57pm

Tayre

Tayre

2 posts

Because of advertisements, many games are not opening.
Thanks for that.

Posted Jan 12, '14 at 7:23am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Layze_rng wrote:

Firefox 26.0 - ****load of addons and security measurements - No AD loads, Black screen and no game load.

It is up to you, as an end user, to take control of whatever plugins and extensions and stuff you want to run, though. ArmorGames' standard answer is that they don't support any such plugins -- which makes perfect sense, from their perspective, of course.

There's no need to discuss here a ton of different possible set-ups, but suffice it to say ArmorGames gives me no trouble using Firefox, with quite some bells and whistles going on, browser plugins or otherwise.

Firefox -- or at least its Windows version -- comes with the handy feature to (under >Help) restart with add-ons disabled, very helpful to weed out any possible issues. It then becomes a process of elimination of possible causes.

Finally, if all else fails one could always settle for a browser one finds does work, of course, just to use for one's online gaming, or whatever else seems to require it.

Posted Jan 16, '14 at 9:15am

devansh_asthana

devansh_asthana

405 posts

The Black screen problem is fixed for me.At least for now...

Posted Jan 17, '14 at 4:25pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

The Black screen problem is fixed for me.At least for now...

There had been rumors a fix might be in the make; would be interesting if others could report, notably those who had trouble before, or still do.

Posted Jan 21, '14 at 8:47am

LightWarriorK

LightWarriorK

48 posts

There had been rumors a fix might be in the make; would be interesting if others could report, notably those who had trouble before, or still do.

Still black for me.

Posted Jan 21, '14 at 10:19am

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

I was capable of playing games for about 1 or 2 days without the black screen problem. Unfortunately the problem came back. I didn't do anything or disable anything during the couple of days I could play.

Posted Jan 22, '14 at 1:48am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

Still black for me.

I was capable of playing games for about 1 or 2 days without the black screen problem. Unfortunately the problem came back. I didn't do anything or disable anything during the couple of days I could play.

Maybe the team at this time want to step in and let people know about any possible fixes coming up, or the general status of this issue? As just another user, general guesses is all I have, just like the next person.

Cheers.