ForumsSupport Forum

[MAIN THREAD] Black Screen <- Read Last Comment

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 2, '13 at 4:48pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,819 posts

Administrator

It's not just YouTube, it's YouTube and Google Ads that needs to be unblocked. :)

Posted Oct 3, '13 at 8:56pm

awesome654

awesome654

1 post

I got the latest version of flash player and it still doesn't work. can someone help?

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 12:50pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,819 posts

Administrator

Are you at school or work? As I've said in the thread, it's often related to proxy/firewall issues of blocking Google Ads and YouTube.

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 2:08am

rbounds217

rbounds217

4 posts

I am having the same problem. All game screens are black. How do I check if my computer is blocking Google Ads and YouTube?

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 4:53pm

SpearAndSword

SpearAndSword

41 posts

See if you can go to www.youtube,com

It may be a combination for some, I just had to unblock www.youtube.com (i.e. put that url on my Accept List in K9) and it worked. I didn't do anything for Google Ads.

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 12:43am

rbounds217

rbounds217

4 posts

I have no trouble using YouTube at all. It's strange because I didn't make any changes to my computer between the date that I could play the games and the date that the black screens started.

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 6:11pm

SpearAndSword

SpearAndSword

41 posts

It may be Google Ads then. Is this your computer or a work/school computer? Do you have a firewall or blocking program?

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 5:51am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

No black screens at my end. WinxP, Firefox the latest, FlashPlayer ditto, using AdBlock, BetterPrivacy, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, MaskMe, NoScript, and Self-Destructing Cookies (it arguably takes some fine-tuning between the lot ;) To be honest, a few of these I've just installed and am still checking out; happy so far, though.)

For what it's worth, a user just reported here that:

just installed google chrome and the game works fine

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 5:54am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

ps Of course it's very true that if you're on a system guarded by some admin (e.g., at school or at work), they may have it set up to block lord knows what.

You might try explaining to them that you'd rather have access to AG while you're at it ;)

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 9:05pm

SpearAndSword

SpearAndSword

41 posts

I read that thread earlier and frankly, because Chrome automatically updates Adobe Flash, I'm suspicious of the claim that Adobe was "up to date" in the post before since a different browser was used.

If you are an admin of your computer, you have total control over it and so should be able try different things. If you're a using a work/school/public computer, you probably have no idea what's being blocked or allowed. Since the only change that Ferret said was the addition of Google Ads at the beginning of the games which pulls from youtube, it's a good bet that somehow, one or more of them are not being allowed on computers when games used to work before.