Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 221 Replies
caveman1970
caveman1970
3 posts
Peasant

I am a little upset about this whole "black Screen" thing,
I have poured money out of pocket to "buy" in game items, and now i can't play the games??? I should not have to reinstall or disable anything, was working fine, now no go..
if its a software change made by Armor Games to force me to be involved in their adds, then don't charge for game play upgrades.

caveman1970
caveman1970
3 posts
Peasant

ok, checked you tube, it is not blocked, this is the same PC i have been using to play game in the past, no K9, or nanny nana boo boo, nothing blocking it on my end, it is not the game itself, in fact it seems to load just fine on Kongregate web site, looks like its something Armor Games has implemented on their end. I guess i am going to have to start gameplay over on the Kongregate site.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

Let me quote Ferret (3 pages before):

-Are you at school or work? These could have firewalls put in place by the company/school, thus can't be overcome.

Try this!^^

Sooo....in that case, what are we supposed to be "trying?"

Boiled down, no fluff, no doublespeak and no beating around the bush....
"Thus can't be overcome" = "you can't play games at our site anymore."
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

If you wish help with the black screen error, could you please answer these questions for us to help solve the issue.

-If you refresh the page a few times, does it start working? Or even if you refresh a dozen times, it's the same result.
-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school?
-Which browsers have you tried?
-Is this for all games, or some games?
-What anti-virus, firewall, security software do you currently have installed?
-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally?
-What region are you located in?
-When did these problems start happening?
-When there is a black screen, do you hear anything or is it silent?
-Can you play MMOs on our website?
-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort?
-Do you use any sort of ad blocking software?

I'll keep an eye for responses and help the best I can.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

-If you refresh the page a few times, does it start working? Or even if you refresh a dozen times, it's the same result. Every time, same result
-Where are you playing from. Home, work, school? Work. Home works fine, but have other priorities then.
-Which browsers have you tried? Chome and IE, both up to date.
-Is this for all games, or some games? All games I've tried.
-What anti-virus, firewall, security software do you currently have installed? Symantec Endpoint Protection
-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally? No, it's blocked by the Administrators
-What region are you located in? SE United States
-When did these problems start happening? First noticed it starting in October, but I didn't play here every day.
-When there is a black screen, do you hear anything or is it silent? Silence
-Can you play MMOs on our website? Can't truly test, they don't mind stuff like this, but MMO network traffic would get me in trouble. But I just went into one, the Mafia one, and it seemed to load alright.
-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort? Direct to the wall
-Do you use any sort of ad blocking software? No, all other ads not streaming video (which are blocked at the source, like YouTube) show up fine: Background, banners, dropdowns, etc.

As far as I can tell, it's simple: YouTube Blocked = Game Blocked Forever. Granted, it's likely more complicated, but that's the result on my end.

iflingpoo9238323
iflingpoo9238323
1 posts
Nomad

the last stand dead zone has been blacked out for the past three days...i'd like to get back to my game

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@LIghtWarriorK The issue here is that you have YouTube blocked, which is a big portion of our ad network, you're correct in thinking that's the trouble. A suggestion I'd give is to try a proxy service, or something that will allow you to avoid YouTube being blocked.

We are looking into fixes for the YouTube blocking.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@iflingpoo9238323 This is the same issue, there is a YouTube ad before the game. If you have something that is blocking YouTube, you will have this issue.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

The fix is an eventual bypass of the ad. I am sorry I can't watch it, it really is outside my control. A proxy is out of the question for me, the security on our networks won't allow it.

All the same, what I said earlier, I stand by. YouTube may be a big portion of your revenue, but to make it "mandatory, no bypass, sorry the game never loads," is not acceptable to me. I paid good money for Gemcraft Labyrinth Premium back in the day, and was planing on doing the same for Chapter 2 next year. I'm NOT doing it if I'm not even able to play the game.

I appreciate your looking for a solution. I can't imagine what GoogleAds is making you do, but I can't believe it's entirely out of your control. At the very least, you need a bypass timer that is equivalent to the length of the video that is being blocked (or the max of what videos are in the queue). That should provide enough incentive (or punishment) to those who voluntarily block YouTube ads hopefully to undo it so they can see it (or rather, access the skip button), while still providing an eventual (if annoying) bypass for those who have no choice in the matter.

As it stands right now, ArmorGames is no longer a "Free Flash Game" site. If there are mandatory ads to watch, we MUST pay you with our time and ad visibility, or there is no game. That's a "Paid Gaming Site."

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@LightWarriorK

Can you please do this:

1) Uninstall the current version of Adobe Flash Player for all Internet Browsers (Except plugin for IE Activex) To Uninstall go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program (or Go to Program and Features) -> go in Search box and type 'Adobe Player' .. then select the program 'Adobe Flash Player Plugin' and uninstall it.
2) Once you have completely uninstalled the adobe flash player from your system then visit the adobe flash player older version
3) Now try installing the plugin of the any (10) version of Flash Player which is supposed to be working fine.

Can you please try this.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Yet,

-Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally? No, it's blocked by the Administrators

-Is your internet connection direct to the wall, or is it going through a router of some sort? Direct to the wall

If your internet connection is going direct to the wall, and YouTube is blocked by the Administrators, then you probably go through router of some sort.

What operating system do you use?
What is the type of your internet connection?
Are you the only user of that computer? (you said blocked by the Administrators) on what exactly do you mean?
LAN Administrators or that computer Administrators?
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Previously solution applies only if your Youtube is enabled and access is possible, but because of some strange circumstances it does not show video.

Youtube error display: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

ShadowWolf_72
ShadowWolf_72
3 posts
Nomad

This black screen is happening to me too The Last Stand Dead Zone loads up and i can hear the background music but the screen stays black and stops responding

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@ShadowWolf_72

Can you access and watch YouTube videos normally?
Which web browser are you using?
Does this happens with all games?
Could you try it in another web browser?

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

@ivan:

I don't have Administrator privilages, I can't modify Flash. That said, this is a problem localized to this site. No other site gives this problem, and Ferret has already said it's a YouTube problem.

That said, I'm sure there is a router for the LAN my work is on, but I don't have access to it. Yes, when I mean Administrators, I mean LAN Administrators. We have a whole department for Information Systems, and they hold the keys with an iron fist. I'm still on XP, sadly, but that doesn't cause problems anywhere else.

Showing 91-105 of 221