ForumsSupport Forumwhat is flaming,badgering,and trolling?

7 2674
lumpiaman510
lumpiaman510
375 posts
Nomad

tell me.

• 7 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Flaming is like insulting because of what he might've said.
Badgering is like annoying.
Trolling is going around looking for a fight.

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Flaming: Some comment that may offend some people (I think,im not sure.)
And i dont have idea for the others.
Sorry...

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC) or even through e-mail. An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. In some cases, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

Some equate flaming with simply letting off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased. Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame -- it may be hostile, for example -- but it is not a flame if its author seriously intends to advance the discussion. The word flaming is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.

Although the trading of insults is as old as human speech, flaming on the Internet, like many other online 'actions,' started in the Usenet hierarchies (although it was known to occur in the WWIVnet and FidoNet computer networks as well). Recently, several online forums have actively encouraged flaming amongst fellow posters.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
INFO FROM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_%28Internet%29

lumpiaman510
lumpiaman510
375 posts
Nomad

ok but i like more simple answers though

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

This is what it is!

It usually happens when peopel are making a vs thread.

person1:hey your an idiot u think thing1(example) is better than thing2
person2:thing 2 is so retarded only idiots like that ....

Well i cant really make an example without swearing lol. Its just offensive language really.

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Well I can't really say that much.

airdude123
airdude123
266 posts
Nomad

im not quite sure but u should ask one of the mods they should know....

-Air
Showing 1-7 of 7