ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79087
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

My skeletons attempt to attack the archangels with little success. In the tower's basement, my necromancers begin the ritual to summon a few demons.

I continue summoning skeletons and add a couple zombies to the mix.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

So... juicy fruits don't work? I freeze grapes. With the slightest provocation, their skin will rupture and hurl shards of frozen grape everywhere. And I load berries (hard ones) into my airships' cannons. Then I request a peace agreement with all of you >:|

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

While my skeletons and zombies are being attacked, the ritual finishes and a few demons are spawned. I send these demons to construct some cannons for my tower. I also hire/steal a couple workers from a village to assist in the construction.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Nerdsoft, our joint air force use Lead as ammo. This should do the trick. It can be replaced by blessed silver ( but will cost quite more and for a shorter range, so you need to get a air base near the enemy).

Stealth, i assume you recruit one. I make a trail by some of Nerdy fruits and lead you fawl ape back to your tower!!! Hahahaha! Feel my wrath!
I keep bombarding the hell out of your city. Now added air raids. The Blitz is on!
The saugin conquer key points in the area and start using mortars.

I build nests for eaglemans (man with the face and wings of an hawk) and train some as clerics.

My order of the blue flame start making souls in the population around stealth tower, making the population hostile for there evil overlord who use dark magic.

And for last - stealth, ill accept a, well, "Truce" now, in these points on:
You swear to not attack me or my allies again.
You wont use dark magic.
My inquisitors will be let to enter your city looking for necrophi- necromancers.
You wilk be allowed to maintaine a small guarding force for your tower.
Ill be yourbprotector.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Neo, i declear bull****. Choose, angels or demons.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Neo, i declear bull****. Choose, angels or demons.

As in marriage, every advantage must be used in war to ensure victory against the opponent.

Nilo, why you no *SNIP*

Because I don't wanna. Deal with it, silly man.

Heh.

From my chair as supreme ruler and OP of this thread, I unleash a terrible hail of meteorites to fall on the petty kingdoms of the Earth and those who inhabit it.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

As in marriage, every advantage must be used in war to ensure victory against the opponent.

As long as it isn't godmodding. I just love that quote.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Meteroids? Didnt we said medieval theme?

My monks make an arcan dome. My ships sail back, leaving stwalth alone, being protected as much can by the monks aboard, until back in the safety of the harbour. The Saugins just go underwater. The air force, taking quite damage as well, fly back to the city.

Meanwhile, i work on making the defence circle to frnd of calestial objects as well.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Well, meteors are always striking the earth, but almost always small ones.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Now that my fleet is safe, i sens monks and paladins to collect the material that fall from the sky and research it.

LEADING TO A NEW CLASS OF HEROS!
Fallen star seekers. They consume the material, and by doing so, becoming a statue like individuals, like a perfect marble figure of themselves. They are wternal!
Not needed to say i become one too.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I build a small shield generator to create a weak shield around my tower. Construction on the cannons finish and I use them to fire at the archangels.

More demons, skeletons and zombies are spawned and attack the archangels. I also begin negotiations with Hades to have some of Cerberus puppies.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I myst say, as he archangels are arieal, they are heaviely damaged by the meteors.

I here by declear on the creation of the Kalmary Union (any historion see what i did there?).
Im in it, and i assume nerdssoft is in (as my allie :]).

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Grapeshot is a real thing. It's an extremely effective shrapnel weapon (I think), great for killing groups of unarmoured people. Seeing as neo is godmodding (AGAIN, because Creeper isn't enough), I fire grapeshot grapes into the air, where they explode at about the height of his air supremacy force.
His supernatural help smashed (I grew the cannonball-sized grapes with special Soulfruit juice, which I just made up so you can't have a resistance to it), I then begin blasting his demonic ground troops.

I'm actually trying to stop your godmodding of juice so you wont win.
Your stupid fruits simply hit my shield. Useless. Oh, and we are not paying for something we don't agree for. So gtfo your life insurance policies.

My juice came post-Creeper. Now stuff your namby-pamby demon-archangel family, your Creeper and your general bull excrement and play normally. OR ELSE.

So, we're using references now? I create Ãshettir (AKA the Subtle Knife), a weapon so sharp as to cut through anything on earth, including the boundaries to other dimensions. I use it to create a gateway to some other universes where I recruit some armoured bears to help me in my quest to obliterate neo. I craft them new armour out of the meteorites.

Then, noticing the fact that the Loki Nexus is still alive, I replicate the knife ten times and send an elite force to slice straight through.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Nerd! As a fellow member in the Kalmary union, i suggest we wont deal with this Nexus thingy until we end our wars. Anywho, i think it should be a joinet operation. I have some heros facilities. Ill use some to assist you. I mean when this meteor storm will end. Does it?

I build a bard university.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

What is this loki nexus thingy again? Did i missed anything?

Showing 196-210 of 461