ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79094
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I upgrade my musket barracks to a gun barracks and I increase my force of veteran musket elites to 1000 and I train 1000 veteran pestool elites and this will be my guns army I won't train more gunmen for a while because of the bullet and gunpowder expenses.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Wiw you guys are running fast.

As Nerfsoft cowardly resigned, i take over the HQ.
The heroes (not at all LOTR style. Well, yes they do) start to investigate the source of the triangle.
Are we moving to Imperial age?

My Gunners (which use arqubiese) start master this gun thingy abd making squars formations with the pikemans in front and 2 lines of gunners shot abouve them. These formations seek action, entering the infected areas and kill the enemy at a defensive aggresive attacks.

Using the Mongolian style i used to own, i create an engineerung squads which can make a Mobile fort in less then 6 hours, Armed with Abus guns.

I also, seeing the nee area we are entering, change the armes of the vanguards, turbing them into Dragoons. Armed with light guns, long arming sword and a lance.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I train 500 veteran musket elites and along with 500 ninjas and 50 cannons I make a seige force and send them towards kings town and they will wait for a while for any reinforcements

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I say, lets make a local militia for the town. So in any case, none of us could us it. Call it the golden guards.

I make my elven rangers mountaid on the mongolian pony's. Now they are swift and mobile.

My Assassin monks become snipers.

I arm my ships with stronger cannons, now using mortars and rocketeers squads.

Guys, we need to cordinate an advancing to some stratigist points toward the triangle, and make a stand there while our heroes HQ investigate.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

No reinforcements? Fine I set up my army like this: First 4 rows: knights, second 4 rows veteran spearmen, third 4 rows veteran musket and pestool elites, fourth 4 rows veteran archers, in each row there are 100 men. I also have catapults, ninjas, berserkers, snipers and cannons that are hidden around the place.

My army is ready, last call for any reinforcements!

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Oh sure i send!

My 2465 (basr num. 3000) are already deployed in the field.
My pikemans and gunners (3000 and 1500) are having sone reforms so i need to re-arm them, ill send them as fast as possible.

Ill send my Foleron hopes (500) heavy Inf. And some 400 Dragoons.
Also, feel free to ask for sea support direct fire and for air suppirt from my frobline air bases. You own some flying machines too right?
My Mk. IV stay in my city troughe. I need there protection from any direct threat.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I wait for the reinforcements to arrive.

I only have 1 mk. 3 flying machine I got from you, can I have more, or can you send some in your reinforcements(

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

As Nerfsoft cowardly resigned, i take over the HQ.

Unacceptable! This is a coup - I left specific instructions to call a vote on the leadership!
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I vote that we become a democracy!

My people protest against danielo for assuming he can take over.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I train more Darkknights and build 15 more dreadnaughts, along withfind a recipe to turn this sulphur into gunpowder....DeathKnight table: 21
I add on the stealths idea, by seeing that one musketeer broke the bottom of his gun. Maybe if we found a way to connect something that can hold more ammo, we can shoot more.....
I recruit 1000 more x-bow men, 500 Musketeers, 1000 Pestoolers, and set an army of 300 Dreadnaughts, 1000 DarkKnights, and 10 Deathknights, as my front row. I also send 5000 x-bow men, all 1500 Musketeers, and 2000 Pestoolers to stealth, so we can joint attack!

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

dan, I will re-enter the game to shred you unless you yield to the democracy.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My force could easily kill daneilos force. :3 (Dreadnaughts will destroy your weak flying mechs >)
Also daneilo, nobody gave you permission to use our blueprints.... HE STOLD THEM!!!
Trust for danielo: 20%
I let my army stop along the road to get supplies, but continue no the stealth >

More ammo project: 20%

Although I have shared all my other blueprints, this one will remain secret >

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I hereby declare ALL GUNS and similar MODERN TECHNOLOGY used to this point NULL and VOID.

This is in the medieval age, gentlemen (and, arguably, ladies).

No modern technology. Consider the latest invention to be the Gutenberg printing press (about 1440s).

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I invent muskets! But so they aren't OP they often misfire and take about a minute to reload

I didn't notice this post because of the magnitude of posts you people are posting. These kinds of (crappy and non-OP) muskets are allowed.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I gave a perfectly valid reason,

Well, apparently not valid enough.
unlike neo (incidentally, shut up and stop trying to win because that's impossible)

This is so immature. Please don't ever do these kinds of things again.
you should've actually looked at the past posts and intervened then.â¨

I'm sorry for having an out-of-AG-life and living it.
You suck as a GM and I hereby resign

Aww, thanks :3
basically isolating it until such time as I see fit

Nuh-uh, gets destroyed. Tough luck :/
PS, here's a tip: when your players have developed about 6 pages of steampunk canon, don't just step in and dump all of us in the middle ages.

Don't you notice the title? It's kinda obvious that it's set in the Medieval Age. Oh, and all the multitude of pages and actions before those 6 pages that have medieval stuff and the like.

- Meanwhile -

The Dark Triangle has spread its area of influence. Hordes of undead and other vile creatures have mustered outside the complex and are now marching towards Evil(sweet block)'s tower, intent on destroying it and all those who inhabit it (please be creative as of how you fight this boss!).
Showing 331-345 of 461