ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79089
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

One of my solarmancers does research in the now-built Academy, becoming the strongest of them easily. The giants subdued, a few of my smarter workers begin selling foodses to outsiders in exchange for moneys. This marks a new era of profit.
My very cleverest workers set up an Academy of Science with some commoner, weaker charred bricks. It's currently rather small, but an enterprising "scientist" has come up with a plan for an airship powered by very hot air in sturdy, lightweight heat-tempered metal which came from some meteorites we found lying about.
(Yes, these concepts existed in those days. They were purely theoretical due to limited understanding and material concerns, but I doubt superheated-air dirigibles made of unidentifiable meteoric alloys could go wrong...)
Treasury: 500 moneys
Total population: 53
Growth rate: 2 people/turn
Food production: 70 foodses/turn
Foodses: 127
Environmental regrowth: 56% done
New tower: 25% done
Academy: finished!
Advanced solarmancy: 20% done
Dirigible design: 15% done

(Yes, this may be OP. Go ahead and veto it, I'm prepared.)

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

What just happened?

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

(Yes, this may be OP. Go ahead and veto it, I'm prepared.)

I wonder why you wrote it in the first place.
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Want me to send in a berserker or two to mess up those giants?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Nah stealth, me and nerd subdued the giants. if im lucky, my tamers can tame them and use them as a weapon to *Ahem Ahem* LIFT HEAVY ROCKS

Giant's language Progress: 30%

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I have created a new troop: Javelin throwers

What happened to the army attacking evil?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

We have killed it, and then routed it and after that, my Deathknights disspelled whatever was'nt retreating. what was left is going to your base, bent of destroying it instead.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT,

Giants Language Progress: 50%

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

No problem

Anyone want to trade?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I may send you some giants after I tame them...

Giant language Progress: 70%

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Okay, I'll give you some javelin throwers for them.

My mages raise a forest.

I mine iron and cut down trees for wood.

[b]more javelins project: 25%

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My tamers have learned a few words in the giants vocabulary, but are far from finishing...
Phase 2/5
Adv. Giant Language: 25%

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I continue working on my javelin project.

More javelin project: 50%

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I comtinue to learn the giants language, but my darkknights have started recruiting again.
Death Knight Table: 20

Adv. Giant Language: 50%

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I train more berserkers to replace the ones that dies, I continue the more javelins project and I train the berserkers so that they don't kill other berserkers in their killing rage (they might still accidentally kill friendly troops but not other berserkers).

Elites berserkers: 20
Berserker war leaders: 5

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Forgot something

More javelin project: 75%

Showing 406-420 of 461