ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 78925
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

I accept the armistice.
In the mean time, I recruit more blue poker knights, give them more shard blue poker cards and a giant sharp blue poker card with hilt to use as sword. And I recruit more archers with blue paint balloons, and 5 apprentices for me to teach them magic.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I dump indigo paint all over my walls, fill the water with more indigo and breed indigo into all the plants. My livestock will be fed indigo roots and my buildings will be indigo stone. Then I decide I don't actually like it only indigo so I add some navy and white stripes.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

After signing the armistice, I return to my tower and order my remaining men to build a fort around it. Just around the central tower will be a powerful stone bastion with tall walls and a single rampart leading to the plains. After the bastion will be a wooden palisade, and after this will be a stout earthen wall.

With these new fortifications, I order my sausage men to fashion a flag. It will be a dark red Sausage upon a lush navy field. The flag is raised upon a hoist at the tallest point of my tower, watching over the world.

Shunning magic as kids' games, I order my Cucumber men to begin learning the ways of alchemy and science.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

I keep training my apprentices, and in the mean time I order my men to raise our flag atop of my tower. It's a blue poker card with a wand on it, and a steel hand holding the card. The flag is white.

They also build a fort like Nilo's, but it looks more like a square, with guard towers at the edges. I also recruit More blue poker knights, and archers (and put the archers in the towers).

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Fine... I call 300 soldiers to come and defend my tower. I also call 50 people, who start building a balista.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

But I rain some fire balls with the help of my apprentices at your balista (which burns to a crisp).

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Bump?

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

They also build a fort like Nilo's, but it looks more like a square, with guard towers at the edges. I also recruit More blue poker knights, and archers (and put the archers in the towers).

They also build a fort like Nilo's

Nilo's

This is outrageous! The armistice is no longer in effect, as this violates section 22.292.AB293-iii-1-2-3123-231-1-A-VV-D-Ac-A, which states that "Never shall you eat a sandwich without Nilo's consent. The punishment is instant and horrible death."

Thus, I call the banners and assemble my men at your gates. My trumpets are sounded, and a cucumber man walks forth and begins intoning the new terms of the armistice in order for it to go back to effect once more, which are "thou shalt changeth your fort-eth and thou shalt make-th it more differenth from our forth!"

*goes back to AG-break. I'm only monitoring this thread once a day or two to ensure its survival*
neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Now that my apprentices are fully trained in the arts of magic, I cast with their help the spell Ultima, which kills all your people. I then summon a rain of jelly at your tower. >

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

kills all your people

all

Let's pretend that this 'all' is 'most', because 'all' is definitely godmodding...

Nevertheless. After many of my sausage men are killed, I order the rest of my men to fall back and rally inside my keep. When the first barrage of jelly begins to fall, I immediately order the construction of sloped wooden parapets, so that a large amount of jelly may harmlessly slide off the parapets and deposit itself outside the keep.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I join in, with my horde of (as this game seem to become silly):
Small pig-hobbits like (pigs who walk on 2 foots, small) riding midging elphants. As we have no traditions of living in castles, i live in the royal Ger (traditional Mongolian tent).

My man hunt down the fleeing mans of Nilo (or atleast some of them). We use them as slaves or if accepted, exchange with Nilo. Give us goods and we will give you your sausges back.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Okay, most of your people, sorry. Anyway, can you STOP ATTACKING ONLY ME?!

I propose Danielo an alliance.

I order my men to make the walls sturdier, I choose 5 more apprentices to train, and recruit some Cookie warriors (they have cookie swords and steel armor. They also throw cookies) from the nearby village telling them to join and will receive a cookie. I also recruit more archers and blue Poker knights.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Anyway, can you STOP ATTACKING ONLY ME?!

I'm sorry, but you were the only one to attack :/ I order my men to walk back to the safety of my tower, where I order them to continue fortifying my already strong bastion. I also order the garrisoned sausage men in my tower to go to the sausage pits to create more sausage men from great sausage cauldrons, in order that my army will, in a couple of days, return to its full strength.

For now, I disregard my captured soldiers. Perhaps, one day, I can rescue them.

I also send a small delegation of Cucumber men to Danielo's recently built tent and give him an ultimatum: he must either present every sausage in his reign or I shall place a boycott on his goods.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I send Nilo a bottle of ketchup. Get the hint. All i want is free space for my herds to eat. Let me be and ill just wander around trading. I also agree to take ambasedor jobs. Ill release some of your man for trades. Ill give you 1 litter of saused midgt camel milk per man.

Neo, ill agree for a non-agression pack.

Meanwhile, i start building a royal Ger to celebrate the birthday of my cousin. I send invitation to all the Lords of the land.

Meanwhile, i also wish to build small settelments all around filled with harsh pig mans to grow potatoes for winter.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

I accept the invitation. ^_^

I also rain some fire on Nilo's woody fortification and burn his sausages.

Showing 46-60 of 461