ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79132
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Oh my god. Can't I even be gone for 4 hours? I'd appreciate it if each of you three summarised your actions from my last post until now because, due to real life issues, I don't have enough time to read through all that.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I added the survivors from before to my army

300 veteran spearmen, 300 elite knights, 150 veteran longbow men, 100 musket elites, 100 ninjas, 50 samurai 10 berserker elites and 50 heavy berserker cavalry units.

Streets: Elite berserkers on the streets, musket elites and veteran longbow men in buildings ready to shoot, ninjas in ambush positions.

Rear: veteran spearmen, samurai and elite knights.

Flanks: 50 heavy berserker cavalry units.

That's my battle plan, look good?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

This is so immature. Please don't ever do these kinds of things again.

Rage mode disengaged.
Nuh-uh, gets destroyed. Tough luck :/

Mass murderer!

Wait wait wait... am I still allowed to irradiate stuff?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Ill summeries our plan: stealth move is army violently toward the city, and enter into it.

My engineers put explosives and weaken the base of the wall wher the siege equipment is placed, and make this littke section fall, preventing the enemy from taking over the walls. The besieged army then make a "human wall", untill its barricade, killing the attackers under the rubbles.

I also built a tunnel outside rhe city, ready to flood the city in worst case sencario.

As the enemy army will assault again, the city gates will "fall" (we will break them on porpuse). The enemy army will rush in, encoutering a bottle neck front, wher the combined armies of stealth and evil will block them as much as possible. Then my heavy cavalery will crash them from behind, paladins and mammoth, after them my galberdiards with there hammers sides and ice giants, dwarves and grey elves. This will make short work out of the enemy, as he has 2 fronts and a moral shock. My drakes will also drop explosive barrles and the flying machines will shoot them with the automatic crossbows they are armed with and the smapl caliber abus guns (the turks used it in this period so its ok).

Behind the charging force, my pikemans will make a stand, finishing off the retreating enemy and the regrouping forces. Then the armies in the city will chasr the retreating army.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Nerdsoft! I need you. Will you commaned one of my kingdomes?
Here the list
Grey elves - russia theme
Saugins - chinese like
Orcs - pirates/arabs
Dwarvens - germans
Ice giants - viking, but open to changes

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

No, because I am making an Empire of the Sun. My tower spawns in the place where my last one started - then subsequently falls to the ground because a crater was left by the inexplicable disappearance and assumed death (you monster, Nilo) of Chinerda.
Now then, to start off with... a group of smart young mages emerge from the rubble and harness the magic of the sun. They begin blowing up mountains and making obsidian, which they then use to create blocks for a mighty tower. The stone rubble is used to make a barracks, which houses the commoners until we can get decent dwellings for them.
The weaker commoners are set to make the region hospitable again.
Tower of Sunfire: 5% done
Environmental reconstruction: 5% done

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Quick note: when I say blowing up mountains, I mean slowly incinerating and blasting chunks of small mountains (actually the old crater walls). I will probably take the Orcs or Saugins, but who have the pyromancers? I don't like competition for my solarmancers. Not this early, anyway.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

@Nerdsoft You know what nerdsoft? I now understand something. You started all of this complicated thingy. I steal nilo's godly powers to UNSUMMON all your belongings. I also give back Nilo's powers BUT I lock him in real life. I also leave this game. >

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

@Nerdsoft You know what nerdsoft? I now understand something. You started all of this complicated thingy. I steal nilo's godly powers to UNSUMMON all your belongings. I also give back Nilo's powers BUT I lock him in real life. I also leave this game. >

Not gonna fight you. I'm just not. Nilo will pwn you anyway c:
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Hang on... that counts as a post. So, I can do more stuff... a few labourers try to make some dwellings and get a few farms running, while the environment begins to regrow at an ever-increasing rate. As is, the population is growing at about a person per turn, so...
Total population: 50
Growth rate: 1 person/turn
Food production: 35 foodses/turn
Foodses: 90
Environmental regrowth: 12% done
Sunfire Tower: 15% done

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I dont like the destroy wall idea. But, I have larger problems. giants have walked out of the mines in which I evacuated and now they're terrorizing us! my beastmen are trying thier hardest to subdue them, but they are way too powerful.... I need some beserkers in here, they've already salin 200 workers and 400 Darkknights!!!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm seriously concerned of the amount of posts you people are posting. And welcome back, Nerdsoft. Nobody can resist Nilo's charms for long...

Anyways, the undead army charges towards Evil's tower using siege towers and ladders. A portion of this undead army separates and marches towards Ninja's tower, bent on capturing it.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

****it, cant you see I have bigger problems?!
1 of the 6 giants have been subdued.
The giants have killed at least 1000 darkknights, nearly 1/3rd of my darkknight forces. i send another 1000 over to try to help with the subdueing process.
I send the rest of my darkknights over to help against the undead.
My deathknights play is in action. all 10 of them walk atop the hall, and the lead shouts "stop!" and then channels his spiritual energy into subduing the undead. the other deathknights, and a few darkknights also help.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

It was originally about democracy (y'know, leadership of the Union), but... thank you.

Is loud smugness okay? Because it'll be hard to mute that.
Anyway, as a token effort to help subdue the giants, I send in a solarmancer to help sort things out. Is it okay if I give them horrible first-degree burns? This will of course slow obsidian production, as will (temporarily) the creation of new, powerful Sun Demons.
Anyway, my proles get to work on a New Chinerdan Academy of Magical Arts and stuff. Also, someone comes up with the revolutionary idea of stealing trees to help the environment return, so that's gonna do a lot of good.
Total population: 51
Growth rate: 2 people/turn
Food production: 70 foodses/turn
Foodses: 109
Environmental regrowth: 34% done
New tower: 25% done
Academy: 50% done
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

The solar mage helps alot (Cave dwellers) and gives the tamers time to subdue more. 150 More workers have died, along with 15 tamers that leaves 40 tamers left. But between the tamers, darkknights, and solar mage, they killed two and subdued the other 4. the 870 darkknights elft in that area leave to the front gate and also start to channel their power along with the deathknights.
4/4 Giants subdued
The 40 tamers start trying to tame the giants by learning thier languange (10 tamers per giant)

Giant language progress: 15%

Showing 391-405 of 461