Forums

ForumsForum Games

Kickstarter thread for potential horror RPG, hosted by Matt Angel!

Posted Oct 3, '13 at 7:21pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,102 posts

Text-based. That's why I'm in Forum Games. Hopefully it will work out pretty well. You know from TTC that I put a lot of planning into things. Same applies to an "escape from prison" RPG I made. I drew maps for every floor, complete with notations and colors. You can bet this one will have planning as well, although you'll have to prepare for the random attacks of Slenderman.

Here's some good news: I'll never post "Suddenly Slenderman appears behind you. You have died." You'll only face insta-kill if you do something stupid, such as "I explore the building." You can legit die in this. Plan your moves.

If we can find one more interested player, I'll make it happen, although I may have to wait until next week. I have large-scale tests Monday and Wednesday. Don't abandon me please! Post suggestions for the game. Keep this thread alive.

Posted Oct 3, '13 at 10:25pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,102 posts

Also, in response to

mh...are you going to turn it into a text-based rpg or did you plan to program a new flash game about slenderman?

Perhaps you missed the second paragraph of the first post:

It's basically a Slenderman game, only text-based.

Now you know.

I really want some people to sign up for this. I love throwing clever stuff into storylines. The only problem for players is that they'll have to make moves one at a time and get used to being careful. "Classic" will probably be the least exciting, but hey, it's the original game. "Campaign" is going to rock. You can escape?! But Slenderman remains invincible?! NINE pages?!

How could collecting all of the pages possibly relate to escaping a forest surrounded by a wall? How could you fight off an enemy you can't even look at? How could you keep completely unarmed, unprepared people from dying? And how could you WIN?

This isn't a wild-card game like my previous two (Strike or Stealth and The Two Castles). I often provide hints and warnings, but this time it'll be merciless. Stupidity results in death. Bravery results in fear.

Any suggestions on a player card? Name, HP, Bio, Inventory, Sanity?

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 5:19am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

i do not think we would need something like skill points and skills (strenght, inteligence and so on) in the player card.

mh...i wonder...you can not look at slendy without dieing, but has anyone tried to escape his grasp by finding the pages with CLOSED EYES? sure, it would be longer, but what if someone was born blind and walks into slendy´s woods?

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 9:21am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,102 posts

mh...i wonder...you can not look at slendy without dieing, but has anyone tried to escape his grasp by finding the pages with CLOSED EYES? sure, it would be longer, but what if someone was born blind and walks into slendy´s woods?

You can actually play the game with the flashlight off, which is pretty much the same thing. Either way, Slenderman kills you by you looking at him or if he catches you, which is why he's always following you. He grabs you from behind. That's why, if you read reviews or watch videos, you have to look at him from time to time, even though it almost kills you: it keeps him from getting close.

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 11:28pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

This sounds interesting. My forum time is severely limited now, but I'll join and try to stay active.
Can we ally with Slender? :D

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 1:51pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,102 posts

This sounds interesting. My forum time is severely limited now, but I'll join and try to stay active.
Can we ally with Slender? :D

I'm sticking with the premise that Slenderman is an immortal being from the beginning of time who cannot die or be injured and pretty much just kills/kidnaps people. So, no. That wouldn't be any fun, though. If he was your friend, he'd make you stay in the forest with him forever. And then the game would be over. Right? Unless you mean ally with Slenderman to kill everyone else. You psycho.

Truth is, this won't get started until next week around Wednesday-Thursday. I have huge tests coming up (reality check) and can't afford to put effort into an RPG. However, I'm keeping this thread going and asking for input.

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 2:00pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

mh...can i play this game with a blind character who was born blind and has better senses like enhanced hearing and enhanced smell?

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 4:52pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,102 posts

mh...can i play this game with a blind character who was born blind and has better senses like enhanced hearing and enhanced smell?

There aren't going to be any perks, I think. Everyone starts off with the same skills the player has in the original Slender game: none.

Even if you could be a blind character with enhanced smells and hearing, Slenderman doesn't make any noise, and I doubt he emits any smells either. Even with all other senses boosted, being blind would make you dead. The objective is to collect all the pages before Slenderman kills you. You wouldn't be able to find the pages.

Posted Oct 5, '13 at 11:39pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

Unless you mean ally with Slenderman to kill everyone else. You psycho.

I am a pyscho, thanks. :D

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 1:12pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

what about feeling the vibrations of slendy steps? or can he float?

Reply to Kickstarter thread for potential horror RPG, hosted by Matt Angel!

You must be logged in to post a reply!