Forums

ForumsForum Games

Kickstarter thread for potential horror RPG, hosted by Matt Angel!

Posted Oct 6, '13 at 7:08pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

I am a pyscho, thanks. :D

You and Slenderman killed everyone. Now you are doomed to spend all of eternity with Slenderman in the woods, killing people, except everyone is dead, so you just do nothing. Yay.

what about feeling the vibrations of slendy steps? or can he float?

I believe he can float. No one has ever seem him walk. Anytime he is seen, he's seen standing still, sometimes with tentacles. I've never really thought about it, but I always kind of envisioned him hovering a few inches above the grass.

In a few gameplay videos, people have watching him, almost to the point of dying, when they hid around a corner. Like, right before they got to the corner, they turned around to make sure Slenderman was still behind them. Then they turned around and he was in front of them. He can either run faster than a human eye can see or he can teleport silently.

Besides, "feeling the vibrations?" No, you can't be Toph Bei Fong, and even Toph couldn't find or read paper. Lol.

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 4:11pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

who said we need to read the pages? i thought all we have to do is finding them. also, i could just do it like the annoying orange and annoy slendy to death after i have found all pages XD

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 6:53pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

who said we need to read the pages? i thought all we have to do is finding them. also, i could just do it like the annoying orange and annoy slendy to death after i have found all pages XD

It depends on your game mode...you may need to read the pages. You underestimate my story-writing abilities. I will make you think.

So, yeah. Only in Classic would it truly not matter what the pages say, but face it. You're going to die. Being blind and trying to find pages is going to make you die faster. Slenderman kills in two ways, remember. From looking at him or from him grabbing you from behind.

Posted Oct 8, '13 at 7:27pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

Alright, well I have four potential players: rychus, spikeabc, xAyjAy and StormWalker. I think it's time to release a character sheet.

Character Sheets Version 1.0

Classic
Name: (So I can keep people organized)
Flashlight: 100% (Batteries drain in classic mode)
Pages Collected: (0/8)
Solo Op
Name:
Sanity: 100 (drains with Slenderman encounters or paranoia. Causes hallucinations, dizziness, etc, makes it harder. Can be replenished)
Inventory/Backback: (1/5) Flashlight [100%]
Pages Collected: (0/8)
Campaign
Name:
Sanity:
Inventory/Backpack: (1/5) Flashlight [100%]
Survivors: ?? (Civilians or Teammates)
Pages Collected: (0/9)

Other potential elements:
Sightings. Number of times you've seen Slenderman. Potential bonus at the end?
Stamina. In the original game, you could run but then got tired and could only walk for a while. I dislike stamina but it's a possibility.
Items: Maybe forging could be a thing? Duct tape, wire, whatever.
Message: In Solo Op and Campaign, the pages will be more important. They will help you escape the woods. Maybe a secret message could be involved. Somebody wrote those pages, remember. Maybe a map, hint or a specific warning?

Sanity drains happen when you see Slenderman. However, they can also happen randomly. You think you heard something, but nothing was there, etc. Basically, I would be deciding when you lose sanity and it would be up to you to replenish it, maybe by slowing down, getting into light (Amnesia-style) or some other means. Drugs or potions could be a thing in Solo Op or Campaign.

That's my current set-up. Let's get some feedback on everything.

Posted Oct 9, '13 at 2:56pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

so, are you going to open a new thread or are we going to play in this one?

Posted Oct 9, '13 at 5:22pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

New thread. As soon as people are ready.

Posted Oct 9, '13 at 6:02pm

rychus

rychus

1,189 posts

Char sheet looks good. I'd like to keep track of how many times I or other players have sighted Slender. All is well.

Posted Oct 9, '13 at 6:34pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

Char sheet looks good. I'd like to keep track of how many times I or other players have sighted Slender. All is well.

Once it's going, I don't want to have to make changes. But I agree, I like them as they are. I'm still working on what items you would find, though. Solo Op and Campaign may need their own map. I can use the original map for Classic.

Posted Oct 9, '13 at 7:44pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

You and Slenderman killed everyone. Now you are doomed to spend all of eternity with Slenderman in the woods, killing people, except everyone is dead, so you just do nothing. Yay.

lol I see your point.

Well the sightings would kind of seem to be at your whim. So I'm not sure if that'd work very well. (Not that I'm saying that you're biased, just making an observation)

I don't like Stamina either. Not that I'm saying people could just run and run and run forever, they do need time to sleep, but it could get annyoing and people do push themselves sometimes. Especially when they're running from things. Maybe you could have people lose, idk, health or something.
Is there going to be a health thing? Like, say you were exploring or something and then you twisted your ankle. Would that be sort of a status?

What do you mean by forging? Just making random things? Like, "I taped a bunch of sticks to my arms because not having sticks on your arm is too mainstream." Except I probably won't do something that stupid. Say it's armor of a sort. Would that deter Slender if he tried to grab you or something? Would there be a way we could somehow recharge our batteries? It's up to you.
The Message thing seems like a good idea.
The Character thing does seem good, but as rychus said,

I'd like to keep track of how many times I or other players have sighted Slender.

All I have to mention is that sort of 'status' thing. I'm not sure if/how well that would work, though, and you don't have to feel obligated to add it in.

Ending comment here. Don't you dare tl;dr me. I actually thought about this.

Posted Oct 10, '13 at 12:28pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

wait, sanity? what if i am allready insane?

stamina...could we train ourself to outrun slendy as soon as we see him? can we carry more items when we have enough stamina? that would make us slower, but we could just drop the heaviest items to run faster.

Reply to Kickstarter thread for potential horror RPG, hosted by Matt Angel!

You must be logged in to post a reply!