ForumsThe TavernAP: Goods and Bads

47 12713
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's come to my attention that some people want to discuss AP. As a result, I made this thread for general discussion relating to it. In another place, a discussion was brought up dealing with how AP might increase activity right now.

If you don't know what AP was, it was a reward system. Quests replaced AP a while back. AP rewarded users according to how much activity they provided.

And the actual question: Is AP good or bad?

• 47 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

AP is good!! HAHA I just had to post first.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

AP= Armor points. Just to be sure.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

AP= Armor points. Just to be sure.

Yep.

I tried getting a Wayback Machine link to provide an example but it looks like I can't anymore. If any of you know an alternative way, that'd be great.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I feel like AP should be brought back. It was a most interesting system.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

AP WAS MY LIFE IT GAVE ME MEANING AND A WORTHWHILE EXISTENCE NOW I HAVE NO WAY OF PROVING MY INATE SUPERIORITY OVER ALL YOU MORTALS AND INSTEAD HAVE TO RELY ON QUEST WHICH ARE PRETTY MICH THE SAME THING BUT THATS NOT THE POINT THE POINT IS AP IS GOOD BECAUSE I CAN GET LOTS OF IT REALLY REALLY EASY AND BE BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU OK OK GOOD BYE

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

AP WAS MY LIFE IT GAVE ME MEANING AND A WORTHWHILE EXISTENCE NOW I HAVE NO WAY OF PROVING MY INATE SUPERIORITY OVER ALL YOU MORTALS AND INSTEAD HAVE TO RELY ON QUEST WHICH ARE PRETTY MICH THE SAME THING BUT THATS NOT THE POINT THE POINT IS AP IS GOOD BECAUSE I CAN GET LOTS OF IT REALLY REALLY EASY AND BE BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU OK OK GOOD BYE

I think I just fell in love with you.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

AP, Good: It basically encouraged users and gave a reason to talk to each other and post on the forums.
Bad: It encouraged spam.(Although spam is STILL going on just not as much since the removal of AP)

Quests: Good: Encouraged users to play games and gave them rewards for it.
Bad: Actually there doesn't seem to be anything bad with them that comes to mind.

Maybe under the quest pages there could be 2 buttons. One leading to your quests and one leading to your AP, that way we could have both.

Although there's probably some sort of reason they didn't do that or maybe they removed AP because of spam, but whatev's still a good idea.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Because Sal apparently cannot use the internet to get what he wants, I was nice enough to go and link the player ranking when AP was still around. Yes that is right, your very own was at 7.

The purging of AP has honestly made me stop playing many new games and also not rating games. Now I really only play the games with quests.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

AP was great, I loved the little hats under our names that instantly showed how active we were. I still calculate my AP every week just so I can know how many I would've had.

The purging of AP has honestly made me stop playing many new games and also not rating games. Now I really only play the games with quests

Same here.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

The purging of AP has honestly made me stop playing many new games and also not rating games. Now I really only play the games with quests.

I can see where this is headed, and I must say that I agree with you. I do believe that if AP were to be brought back for some strange and mysterious reason, activity in this site would increase. Not very much at first, but it would nevertheless...

AP was great, I loved the little hats under our names that instantly showed how active we were. I still calculate my AP every week just so I can know how many I would've had.

You mean I'm not the only one?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I can see where this is headed, and I must say that I agree with you. I do believe that if AP were to be brought back for some strange and mysterious reason, activity in this site would increase. Not very much at first, but it would nevertheless...

Are you kidding? That kept me going even when the forums got slow or boring. If it were back it would easily triple my activity in a heart beat.....It just gave me something keep me active.

You mean I'm not the only one?

Nope, I've been known to calculate my own on occasions. Fun fact, if it were still in place I'd be somewhere around 65th place.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I was nice enough to go and link the player ranking when AP was still around.

Outdated. I took these hours before the leaderboards were deleted:
http://imgur.com/a/Lvi0j
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

On a more serious note, I'll ask that you all remember way back when to a time where you were all blasting the AP system as nothing more than a system which perpetuated spamming and AP Farming, which was declared worthless in the face of the upcoming Quest System, and lambasted by the general population. Now that we hav the Quest System, the very people who most championedthe areival of Quests are now longing back for the good ole days, when apparently AP was good.

You all disgust me.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I hated AP then and I still hate it. Community Quests would be infinitely better.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i feel the same way. AP was a desire i had to become in the top, and made me want to play and rate more games then i do now. i still remember silver knight...that was a really good concept.

Showing 1-15 of 47