ForumsWEPRChildren?

38 5996
Xanatu
Xanatu
139 posts
Nomad

Most people that I know would like to have children when they become adults.I can't help thinking that having children has more negative effects on the parents than positive.I mean,the parents have to pay thousands of dollars to take care of the child(ren),and they also miss thousands of hours that could be spent doing anything else that is enjoyable.I know for a fact that I do not want to father spawn when I "grow up".What is everyones'stance/opinion on having children?

• 38 Replies
RathRaid
RathRaid
129 posts
Nomad

I believe that children is a good thing to have. First things first. Everybody was a child once. If your mom and dad didn't want to have a child, you wouldn't be here.

Anyways. I think children are a good thing to have, because it teaches you responsibility. It gives you the responsibility of an adult, which includes work, money, caring, and so on.

Also, children teach you the factor of unconditional love. If I could, lemme bring religion into this for a little. Having a child is a little like God. (for a christian, at any rate). God loves each of us unconditionally, and always leaves us the option of "running back to him". Having the knowledge of unconditional love is a previlege.

Finally, children is and are our future. Without children, any race cannot exist.

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

I'm all for having children. I mean don't have them at a young age, maybe 28-32 is a great time to start.

SPowerQ
SPowerQ
43 posts
Nomad

I agree StarScreamer, and I would say, the more the better!
Now i beleive that people should have children it just has to happen. I also think that this might be one of the most pointless forums ever but it's 2:30 im bored. Hoever with the threat of overpopulation the more the better should be taken to literally, now im not saying we limit the right to have children, like China, im saying people should be sensible, and sometimes people just cant take care of them so they shuoldnt have them. THis whole topic raises a new question, Is abortion ok. Since I have said this i geuss i have to deal with it. If you dont know my views on god i have to say, im am a pure blooded atheist, my mother was and my grandmother is a die hard christian. But if you want an abortion have it, nIn god. no the christians who read this are going to comment reap me.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

From reading this thread i am sur[rised how many people are anti children. I had a kid wen i was 16 years old and i wasnt expecting it. It was such a shock and i thought my life was gonna b ruined that type of thing wen my gf told me she was pregnant and hat sh couldnt afford an abortion. But wen he kid is born it changes everything and lots of other things dont seeem as important anymore. It puts things into perspective. I think its different for everone as having a kid changes the way you see lots of things, but if/wen u have a kid u will understand.

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

Now i beleive that people should have children it just has to happen. I also think that this might be one of the most pointless forums ever but it's 2:30 im bored. Hoever with the threat of overpopulation the more the better should be taken to literally, now im not saying we limit the right to have children, like China, im saying people should be sensible, and sometimes people just cant take care of them so they shuoldnt have them. THis whole topic raises a new question, Is abortion ok. Since I have said this i geuss i have to deal with it. If you dont know my views on god i have to say, im am a pure blooded atheist, my mother was and my grandmother is a die hard christian. But if you want an abortion have it, nIn god. no the christians who read this are going to comment reap me.

So, It's bad to have a lot of Children?

And how does this topic bring up Abortion?

Overpopulation?

This about, Children, not the end of the world, or abortion, or overpopulation.
Is it really bad that I want a lot of children?
There is no current "Problem" with overpopulation, except in the poorer, third world countries.

This is not a "Forum", but a 'Thread' or 'Topic'.

It is not pointless, as it belongs, and it is here to ask people what think, about, you guessed it, Children.
Not China, God, how we have to have Children, Overpopulation, Problems, or how pointless it is.

Actually read the first post,
And If you don't have anything, on-topic to contribute, then don't.
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

i respect what your saying but what if everybody thought like that. less population

Devoirity
Devoirity
62 posts
Nomad

Population this, over population that.

Is anyone actually going to talk about Kids?

This thread is only about children and your thoughts on just that, nothing else

*sigh*

AlphaWolf116
AlphaWolf116
19 posts
Nomad

Yes i would want to have Children...they can put a financial strain on you and your spouse, but nothing beats growing up a little you into a man( or woman).

Showing 31-38 of 38