ForumsWEPR2013: Man Truly Deserving of Nobel Peace Prize is Finally Nominated

24 17254
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It has finally happened people! Since the first award was given in 1901, someone who actually truly deserves it is being nominated.

Vladimir Putin, a god amongst men, the savior of all that is beautiful, and now the Nobelist of Nobel Peace Prize winners (a title he now already holds, for the award shall obviously be given to him).

• 24 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Vladimir Putin, a god amongst men, the savior of all that is beautiful, and now the Nobelist of Nobel Peace Prize winners (a title he now already holds, for the award shall obviously be given to him).

You're joking, right?
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

You're joking, right?

I don't know what you're talking about, Putin definitely deserves recognition for his work in being awesome
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I don't know what you're talking about, Putin definitely deserves recognition for his work in being awesome

I could not agree more.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Take the Nobel Peace Prize away from all those politicians (yes, also from Obama) and give it to the people actually working for peace in the background. That'll make it a little more believable.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I dont understand. Putin. Is. a. very. peacefull. man. .

(These are diffrunte links. Watch them all).

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

after learning obama actually won it. i thought of corruption among the nobel prize members (whoever may choose them i dunno).
now i'm sure that they are corrupted and the nobel prize is either gonna lose it's high standing all together or is going to have some black pages in it's history.

Non-official, a russian advocacy group nominated him

is that how it works? can i nominate my mother aswell? would be a great birthday present =P

But he has no chance cuz this group send in the nominee too late, cuz the official submit-limit was on Sep. 16.

thank you steve. =P
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

after learning obama actually won it. i thought of corruption among the nobel prize members (whoever may choose them i dunno).
now i'm sure that they are corrupted and the nobel prize is either gonna lose it's high standing all together or is going to have some black pages in it's history.

Why would it be corruption? He actually deserve it for just for putting up with
corrupted Republicans who tried everything to sabotage him just because they don't like him. Even with this, he kept reaching for bipartisanship.
You have to admit the guy's patient, dedicated and actually trying to do something..

What did the Conservatives ever done for the people?
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

corrupted Republicans who tried everything to sabotage him just because they don't like him.

Obama didn't deserve that Nobel prize, the people who deserve it are the people who do great things in the background. The people who never get any recognition but still do those "great" ( whatever your definition of "great" is, such as: working for peace, improving life for people around the world, developing cures etc etc.) things.

You have to admit the guy's patient, dedicated and actually trying to do something.

Yes I admit that, but there are thousands of people like that out there in the world. Does that mean they deserve a Nobel Peace Prize too?

Well, the Conservatives have produced several great people who did things for the people shown here , so that's a start.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

corrupted Republicans who tried everything to sabotage him just because they don't like him. Even with this, he kept reaching for bipartisanship.

That isn't a reason to give out a Nobel prize and that isn't the reason why he was given it. He received the Nobel Peace prize for "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples" The prize is usually given to those who have made achievements in peace rather than just attempts as was done by Obama. I think he really failed to follow through with the reasons he received it.

Well, the Conservatives have produced several great people who did things for the people shown here , so that's a start.

There are some impressive names among the list of the dead ones on there. Though given who is alive on the prominent figures list, not really helping the argument.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

That isn't a reason to give out a Nobel prize and that isn't the reason why he was given it. He received the Nobel Peace prize for "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples" The prize is usually given to those who have made achievements in peace rather than just attempts as was done by Obama. I think he really failed to follow through with the reasons he received it

So I checked his wikipedia page and it seems like he is trying to improve relations with select countries (Middle East, some of Europe, Russia etc etc.) but he doesn't seem to be having " extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy".

There are some impressive names among the list of the dead ones on there. Though given who is alive on the prominent figures list, not really helping the argument.

But he just said:

Which it seems to me he was asking for the general history of what they have done for the people, not what they have done in modern times. So that seems the dead ones deeds work for his question as well.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Which it seems to me he was asking for the general history of what they have done for the people, not what they have done in modern times. So that seems the dead ones deeds work for his question as well.

How does that benefit people now?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Obama didn't deserve that Nobel prize, the people who deserve it are the people who do great things in the background.

Like Putin. He once saved a baby out of a burning building once.
This, of course, was while he was on one of those "Run for Cancer" things, in which the route took him into a rebellion group (which use forceful tactics against unsuspecting females to garner attention) that he defeated with his bare hands.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Anyone remember the ANTI HOMOSEXUAL LAWS passed through the Russian government?
All I have to say about Putin is
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-k1MOFF0nKy0/UlREHR23QQI/AAAAAAAAEwE/oz_4HFuwq2A/w1280-h720-no/assassins-creed-iii-screenshot-26.jpeg

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I would just like to clarify that NOBEL PRIZES and NOBEL PEACE PRIZES are two completely different things. Obama did not receive a NOBEL PRIZE. People are using the terms interchangeably and it is erroneous to do so. Thanks for reading!

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

How does that benefit people now?

Well, your question was what they have done for us in general, not what they have done for us now and I replied with a list of conservatives who did great things. But to answer this question, several of those conservatives [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams]helped start the U.S[/url . Which you can't claim the U.S has not benefited people at all during this day in age.
Showing 1-15 of 24