ForumsThe TavernOld Friends vs. New Friends

8 4012
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

School has been in play for about a month and a half for most of us. Some of us have entered into a new school most likely for higher levels of learning or transferring. Hopefully we have all made new friends, but still remember the old ones. (If not don't be shy! there are lots of nice people in the world.) I realize some may be going to the same school as last year; so think back when you were going to a new school for whatever reason. If you haven't experienced either; think to a time when you did something where you didn't know anyone[clubs, sports, activities, events, etc.]. The questions below are based on your personal experiences (Except for the second to last one. I wanna know about friends in general and friends personally).

My questions are:

-Have you made new friends?
-Are your new friends your kind of personality?
-Do you see your old friends still?
-What do you miss about your old friends?
-Who do you keep in touch with more after school?
-What are things you don't like about your old/new friends?
-Which do you prefer?

I would love to hear your stories if they are not too personal!

• 8 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

1. Yes.

2. Occasionally, but similar personalities doesn't always equate friendship.

3. Of course. Once a friend, always a friend.

4. This is a hard one, as I keep in touch with about everybody. Maybe my old friends, as I hang out with my new friends during school.

5. I have many old and new friends, so asking me what I don't like about them is like asking me what I don't like about food in general; There are just too many to generalize one singular answer.

6. I don't understand what you mean by this. New friends will become old friends, and old friends started out as new friends. Asking me what I prefer is but a peculiar question, because when I befriend somebody, my view doesn't drastically change when we've known each other for a period of time. Not usually, anyways.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

-Have you made new friends?
Not really. Some acquaintances, but not really any friends.

-Are your new friends your kind of personality?
N/A, no new friends lol.

-Do you see your old friends still?
Yep, see them often, but I have lost touch with many other old friends.

Nothing, we aren't friends anymore because we began to differ too much.

-Who do you keep in touch with more after school?
Anyone that still bothers to keep in touch with me.

-What are things you don't like about your old/new friends?
I don't bother to keep in touch with the people I have drifted away from (have began to differ too much in many areas to really have a good time with) so nothing.

-Which do you prefer?
Doesn't matter, anyone I still have fun with. This could be an old friend or a new friend.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Oh dear me. Reton has just made me realized that I skipped a question. *sigh* It's too late at night to do this.

I miss the large amount of time we had to spend with each other, although that's not really as big of a problem as it seems.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Yeah sure! I like making new friends, but retaining my older ones as well.

I would think that they most probably are; one usually can't along with another person if there's a clash of personalities, don't you reckon?

Yes I do. The thing is, in the army, you get to see less of your mates when everyone is everywhere, whereas if everyone was in school, you'll see them on a daily basis.

Anyway, studies show that if you're friends with someone for about 7 years, you're most likely going to be so for life.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad
KyelDaviess
KyelDaviess
4 posts
Nomad

1.) Yes
2.)Kind of not really but I like most people.
3.)Yes
4.)Us all having more free time and being more careless
5.)Mostly my friends I have had a good friendship through out middle school.
6.)They try to act cool or just think they're better then everyone.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

1) Yes
2) Haha, most of them are.
3)Of course, well the ones that go to the same college as me.
4)I miss Plomada and things he said that I cannot say on here.
5)Actually I keep in touch with most of my friends. For some reason I keep in good touch with my ABQ friends probably the most.
6)I don't like that I had to move away from my old friends but I couldn't control that. *Bursts into tears (some people know why)*
7)I don't prefer my old or new friends. They are both lovable in their own different ways.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

1. Maybe
2. Maybe
3. no
4. nothing
5. wut
6. Everything
7. If they are not nerds.Just kidding.

Showing 1-8 of 8