ForumsWEPRUnited States Government Shutdown

35 18132
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, so it's been a while since I have posted in WERP, so if I come off newbish or I say something weird it's because I have been detached from my logical/political/taking approximately 30 minutes to post one forum post state of mind for too long. Anyways, back to the subject at hand.

What are your thoughts about the United States Government Shutdown that began Oct. 1 of this year? Do you think it was the only option left or that someone was being unfair about government transactions?

Personally I think the Government Shutdown is not only unfair but completely unnecessary. Not only did the U.S consider going to war with Syria, which in itself was an idiotic idea, but then a couple of weeks later there is a shutdown. And all of this because of a disagreement.

Post what you think about this series of unfortunate events!

• 35 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I agree. The republicans would rather see the country go bankrupt than accept any concessions for poorer people, or anything else that could raise the ridiculously low taxes the U.S. has given itself.

I don't see a need for such low taxes. The people just end paying for the same services, but to private companies and not the government, and unlike the government, the private companies are more interested in profit than the well being of the public.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Because of the Government Shutdown, my parents are receiving IOU's from their work at a Government hospital. :/
Isn't the main reason ObamaCare?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Isn't the main reason ObamaCare?

Because the GOP don't like ObamaCare
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

obamacare isn't the problem. those sucky republicans are.
bringing down the world economy cause they are to stubborn.. can't wait for china to become the more important economy. china has 1 party and **** like this wont happen there. they wont slow down 7 billion people for the opinion and stubbornness of 150 million people.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

china has 1 party and **** like this wont happen there

I feel like 1 party could cause more issues than just this..
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

obamacare isn't the problem. those sucky republicans are.
bringing down the world economy cause they are to stubborn.. can't wait for china to become the more important economy. china has 1 party and **** like this wont happen there. they wont slow down 7 billion people for the opinion and stubbornness of 150 million people.

Some crooked and unpatriotic Republicans, especially the thieves who own the insurance companies, want to get rid of Obamacare mostly. Why?
Here's an example.
I was with another Insurance company before I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (pre-existing condition).
The company was bought by Blue Cross Blue Shield (Crooks). They said I was going to get the same coverage but it was a lie.
I ended up getting a cheaper policy every year because they were overcharging too much.
For example, before I was with the crooks, I payed $350/month ,my medications cost $40 for everything. Once I was with Blue Cross Blue Thief, I had to pay $86.
A doctor visit cost me $30 but with the thieves it cost me $35.
I pay $450/month for my coverage right now.
With the other one, all the stuff like blood work, etc, was covered 75%.
With Blue Crap, something like 15%.
The deductibles were $800 for something serious then they payed for the rest.
With Blue Crap, the deductibles started at $1500 for their cheapest policy.
Now I have the accident one which is $3000 deductibles.
I can't have any blood work done because it'll cost me at least $1000!

With Obamacare the cost is 100% covered if the stuff is done at my doctor's office (blood work for example).
My meds will cost me $20.
That is if I stay with the crooks but I want to look around to see if I can save more money because I despise Blue Cross Blue Shield!

I think that once this is implemented on January 1st, the crooked drug companies will be pressured to lower the cost of their medications from 500% to what we used to pay before, hopefully.

So as you can see, many of these crooked companies will have to treat people with respect and offer a decent service instead of abusing us.
For the greedy Republicans, it's very annoying when the government tells them to offer a decent service instead of doing whatever they want and steal from their customers.

Yeah, I know, I used the word crook a lot.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Related

Sums up the shutdown pretty well.

Yeah, just imagine if that one party were like the Republicans.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have a better idea! Add two more parties.
Democrats, Moderate Democrats, Republicans, and Tea party.
Now you get a situation where the moderates could switch to either Republicans or Democrats to counter the nutcases from the Tea party.
Things would actually be done in congress.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

How about a no-party system where people are just themselves?

This seems relevant:
[i]"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
-George Washington, Farewell Address, Sep. 17, 1796[/I]

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I have a feeling it'd be like Stephen Colbert's America Again (Haven't read others yet).

Darn poor people trying to take down the rich with their scheming ways.

Oooook...Why don't you just stop right now with all that crazy talk, Emp
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

This is called anarchism.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

What Emp means is that when people run for office, they don't attach themselves to a party, they just run as them-self. They offer their viewpoints and all the other fun jazz, and they receive votes based upon those viewpoints and plans, rather than their political affiliation.

Our Democratic-Republic would still be intact, just not our Democrats and Republicans.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

at least it wouldn't **** with the whole world for there own opinions.

I have a better idea! Add two more parties.

just 2?
add 5 or 6. give people really a choice instead of this crap you got going on for to long now.. 2 parties are never going to be able to cover the idealistics of 300million people.
and that way 1 party (the republicans) wont be able to shut down the government on it's own. if they did then the leading party can make things happen with the help of the other 5 parties left...
it's better in all ways. but as usual is the usa to stubborn to make a change. you see this back in nearly everything.

aka: sounds good, is bad. (it never works)
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Oooook...Why don't you just stop right now with all that crazy talk, Emp

Yeah, it'd never work unless it was outlawed. There's too much money in it and the people that benefit get to make the laws.

add 5 or 6. give people really a choice instead of this crap you got going on for to long now..

There's already a bunch (5 major and about 30 minor). Doesn't matter.
Showing 16-30 of 35