ForumsWEPRGender Identity

137 57312
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I feel like there should be a thread about such a topic, and now there is one.

What are your thoughts on Gender Identity?
[Note: Gender =/= sex]

• 137 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Your answer will be short so you don't confuse yourself? That's wise, as you clearly are severely uninformed and ignorant when it comes to this subject. Read my post earlier on page 3 please.

Ah, thank you for making that clear, but I would be very pleased if I were to avoid much conversation with one as arrogant as you apparently are. I like your avatar, though.
wavespec
wavespec
11 posts
Nomad

I think this is a huge issue, but thoughts are changing, slowly, but never the less. Some people need more time than others, and some will never "accept" it, and we have to be okay with either way.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

OMG someonr using my armatar!!! *jump like an happy japanese teen*

Ahhmmm....

Lets stop this Polite fight shall we?

Pazx say that its not matter how you were born, but how you feel.
No on the other hand say a person need to hide what inside and play his role in society to look normal.

Both are reasonble arguments. *look at Nilo with a wierd face*

Jome a side.
Nilo, I live in Israel. As a jewish country, im sure you guese that sea food is not completly common. Many peoples dont eat it because of there religion. So i should stop eatong shrimps? Because i was burn jewish? Or because that how society prefer?
I see sexual taste the same as food taste or books taste. Any person can love anything. Diffrunte peoples are diffrunte.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Joke aside*

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Read.
Read.
Read.

I'm very surprised to see the single-line responses when this is such a complex topic that most thorough posts would have multiple paragraphs. I'm not changing much but I don't have much of an opinion on the topic, so I decided to toss in some necessitous links providing formerly lacked information to help you guys out.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hmm, something tells me those reads are for me. Ah Nilo, such an ignorant ******* you are!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

In Spanish:
Read.
Read.

Wasn't able to find the first link in Spanish.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So a question posed that I have wondered about for some time..

Is it ethical for mtf transsexuals to play female sports?
Or, should mtf transsexuals be allowed to play in female sports?

(if you want, place converse situation in)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The "or" is there because of my viewing the two questions as different, but I mean them along the same lines.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

(if you want, place converse situation in)

I'd prefer it if there were just "Sports", not with any divides. I don't see it any different than a "whites only" game where someone had their skin bleached. Back when that sort of discrimination was permissible, they'd likely amend the rules to say "born white". It's unethical to join under those rules/expectations, but that doesn't make the division itself good.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I'd prefer it if there were just "Sports", not with any divides.

^. The problem is that we're still separating based on gender. For sports to truly be competitive, they should be open for anyone to play so long as they have the skills. This will mean different combinations of people will likely become dominant in certain areas (for instance, not many women are big enough to play as a 400lb linebacker) but beat out others for their differences. Gender, race, and whatever else shouldn't be a factor. Even if you want to argue about locker room stuff, or sexual harassment, that's a different issue altogether (and locker rooms really are a non-issue).
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Now then, in cases like baseball, would females be allowed to keep their underhand pitching style, or have to adhere to the pitching forms of major league play now?

Also, what of sports such as CrossFit or competitive lifting, in which if we did break said divide we would create a game in which one would be hard-pressed to find a female breaking into the top 25..or top 50, to be less lenient.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

more stuff about chromosomes i forgot earlier

If it was just "sports" without the gender divide it would continue to be male-dominated.

From what I said on pang's profile:

From a legal perspective it's probably illegal to exclude them, but if a trans woman were to achieve the highest level of any sport it would certainly cause significant controversy. Personally if I was transgender I'd like to play sport with my own gender but I think it would be unethical of me to play at a level where I'm paid to do so.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If it was just "sports" without the gender divide it would continue to be male-dominated

Essentially what I was getting at with my mentioning of competitive lifting. Nothing that is explicit against or for one gender, just how it is biologically.
chrystalfox
chrystalfox
20 posts
Nomad

should mtf transsexuals be allowed to play in female sports

Here is a link.

link.

Anyway, the big deal is that males are generally better at physical activity. That's just how it is. They don't want "men" competing in female sport leagues because there might be an unfair advantage. Most of it is explained in the link.
Showing 31-45 of 137