ForumsThe TavernHow do you open a water bottle?

30 10078
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Left on top? Right? One handed?
And are you right or left handed?

I noticed that I always opened water bottles with my left hand on the cap despite being right handed. Just curious how it is for others.

• 30 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I used to be left handed and I think I opened bottles with my right hand at the time. Now I'm opposite: I'm right handed and I open them with my left.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I open them using two hands. I hold the bottle with my right hand and using my left hand I open up the bottle with ease.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

My instinct is to grip the bottle firmly with my left hand, while gently unscrewing the cap with my right hand.

Then I spill water all over my shirt.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Would it be considered opening the bottle with my left hand if I twist the bottle first and not the cap?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I yell at it in a harsh tone until it opens. Sometimes I am forced to insult its mother.

Uh.. I guess what dapro said. I dunno, never really paid attention to it.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Never really observed how I opened a water bottle... but I think with my right hand twisting to the right, or something like that. I am right handed though.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Why waste money on water bottle when it's free from the faucet? I mean it's not free but why throwing your money away?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

im ambidextrous. i write with my left hand but i do many things with my right hand more comfortably.

when opening a bottle i hold it with my left hand and open it with my right hand.

my brother is right handed but he does the opposite. he holds it with right and opens with left.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

It depends which hand I grab it with (usually left) and where I grab it. If I grab the top to lift it over stuff, I'll put it in my right hand and twist the cap and bottle simultaneously. If I grab the middle, it stays in my left.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

And I'm left handed.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm right handed, so that's the side I use to pour with. Which automatically means I will always use my left hand to unscrew the cap every time! =)

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Right hand on the cap and left on the bottle

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

>Grab water bottle
>Right-handed master race checking in, so grab with right hand
>Hold firmly, don't want that **** slippin
>Grab cap with left hand
>Squeeze bottle viciously with right hand
>Water bottle explodes with awesome power
>Catch falling water in mouth
>mfw

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

/spits retainer

Wif my teef

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I open a water bottle by taking my sword, cutting off the water bottle, letting the water spill over the floor, and licking it liquid off the ground and devouring the plastic like an animal.

Showing 1-15 of 30