Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

"Why the arabs always lose?"

Posted Oct 19, '13 at 3:52pm

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,213 posts

Egypt won - now it has all of Sinai and if any of you want to go SCUBA diving you can bloomin' well go to Eilat.

Posted Oct 19, '13 at 4:05pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Eygept won? When? And if you mean in 1973 i have bad news for you.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 3:46pm

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,213 posts

Eygept won? When? And if you mean in 1973 i have bad news for you.

They have Sinai. Eilat's beaches suck. You gained nothing, they gained about 70% of their economy. They got tourism.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 5:14pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

But they lost the war.

Only in the peace agreement, something like 7 years later, they got Sinai back.
Not in war.
Israel actualy gained lands after the war. A step into Africa AKA eygept herself.
Artilary bombed Damascus.

I mean for god sake, 2 nations, attacking together, in suprise, with like 7 other countries sending troops and money, Cant beat Israel?

I dont want to brag, but Israel did better in 1967. Against 3 countries.

Posted Oct 28, '13 at 4:20am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,213 posts

But they lost the war.

Only in the peace agreement, something like 7 years later, they got Sinai back.
Not in war.

That's relative. Many people see it as a victory. The Egyptians accomplished their goal, didn't they?

Posted Oct 28, '13 at 6:53am

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

But also we (Israel). If anything, its a win-win.

The point is - they didnt did well in the war. Terrible will be more accurate.
In Syria, the valley of tears, 34 Israeli Tanks slaughtering 344 enemy tanks. Is that doing well?

Posted Oct 28, '13 at 9:41am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,213 posts

Excuse me? Your only objective was to keep your territories - you lost the peninsula.

Posted Oct 28, '13 at 9:47am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,213 posts

Still, a win-win... meh, I guess. Let's settle it like that.

Posted Oct 29, '13 at 4:39pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

What territories? Israel Was the goal. We drove the enemy off.
Its like saying that Poland won in WW2. I talk on tactics and preformenc in battle. And in that the arab nations seems to lack.

Posted Nov 13, '13 at 3:23pm

tomertheking

tomertheking

1,797 posts

Syria never doubts that it lost 1973 because the Israeli air force managed to bomb most of its industry so far back that it hasn't recovered it since. For Egypt, well, they managed not to win. Also, let me quote wiki:

By the end of the war, the Israelis had advanced to positions some 101 kilometres from Egypt's capital, Cairo, and occupied 1,600 square kilometres west of the Suez Canal.[162] They had also cut the Cairo-Suez road and encircled the bulk of Egypt's Third Army. The Israelis had also taken many prisoners after Egyptian soldiers, including many officers, began surrendering in masses towards the end of the war.[163] The Egyptians held a narrow strip on the east bank of the canal, occupying some 1,200 square kilometres of the Sinai.[164] One source estimated that the Egyptians had 70,000 men, 720 tanks and 994 artillery pieces on the east bank of the canal.[165] However, between 30,000 to 45,000 of them were now encircled by the Israelis.[166][167]

Reply to "Why the arabs always lose?"

You must be logged in to post a reply!