ForumsWEPR"Why the arabs always lose?"

20 12076
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

In the past 400 years it seem that the middle east armies as been, well, less then effective. The glorius army of the past, which defeated armies much larger and blow there enemies to there knees, cant even handle local uprisings.

Just a short list for examples:
Eygept -vs- Yemens rebels
Iraq -vs- huge mobs of Iranians kids
All the arabic nations -vs- Israel

I found some debates on this subject on the interweb, but i want to hear your ideas.

• 20 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Excuse me? Your only objective was to keep your territories - you lost the peninsula.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Still, a win-win... meh, I guess. Let's settle it like that.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

What territories? Israel Was the goal. We drove the enemy off.
Its like saying that Poland won in WW2. I talk on tactics and preformenc in battle. And in that the arab nations seems to lack.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Syria never doubts that it lost 1973 because the Israeli air force managed to bomb most of its industry so far back that it hasn't recovered it since. For Egypt, well, they managed not to win. Also, let me quote wiki:

By the end of the war, the Israelis had advanced to positions some 101 kilometres from Egypt's capital, Cairo, and occupied 1,600 square kilometres west of the Suez Canal.[162] They had also cut the Cairo-Suez road and encircled the bulk of Egypt's Third Army. The Israelis had also taken many prisoners after Egyptian soldiers, including many officers, began surrendering in masses towards the end of the war.[163] The Egyptians held a narrow strip on the east bank of the canal, occupying some 1,200 square kilometres of the Sinai.[164] One source estimated that the Egyptians had 70,000 men, 720 tanks and 994 artillery pieces on the east bank of the canal.[165] However, between 30,000 to 45,000 of them were now encircled by the Israelis.[166][167]
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The achimnets dosent matter. The fact they control the news is the matter. If the leaders tell there peoples they won, and its the only Info they get, so they won. Because thats what today kids "know". That Syria won the war.

Showing 16-20 of 20