ForumsThe TavernUnexpected friends

16 4665
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Did you ever became friends with peopels you never even imagiend you can talk to?

I have some guys at my base. They are truck drivers (Ill give you all non-IDF soliders a hint - you dont have to finish high school to be able to join and fit in this job, or have a clean crime recored, or know how to write your name).
So one day,i passed thier room and there i see one of them play World of Tanks. As a fellow player i watched for a while, then asked him what tank he use and etc.
Next think i know Im already in THIER clan and we talk daily.

Do you guys had a similar experience?

• 16 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Yeah I think all people have experiences like that. I actually hated one of my best friends when we were in grade school. I think it just has to do with growing up and understanding others.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

IRL or on here?

Quite a good number of people on here, actually...
-Sal
-Mage
-Kasic
-Emp
-HahiHa
-Mav
-Xzeno (I think him most of all..)
-Ernie
-ModDayCee
-Ray
-Kenty

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Everybody.
Nobody adds a ninja.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I quite meant in real life...

Nurvana,
This case wasent on "growing up". They are quite a russian bullies. Some of them desteoy trash cans for fun. And there is a wierd smell out of thier room at nights. And yet we became somewhat friends.
They are not my "type". If i dodnt saw them playing it, i whould propebly still hate them (well, some of them to be correct).

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

-Sal
-Mage
-Kasic
-Emp
-HahiHa
-Mav
-Xzeno (I think him most of all..)
-Ernie
-ModDayCee
-Ray
-Kenty

Notice how I am not in there...

Well, some people here I never thought I'd be friends with were...

- pang
- Sal
- Ernie
- R2
- Nicho

IRL I've never had a case like this. I tend to have frequently successful social encounters when I choose to be social.
c_laire
c_laire
8 posts
Nomad

Well IRL there was a boy who I used to hate in like 3rd grade... Now we're kinda friends but he is like... wild lol.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Well mostly:
- mino
- Juice-Tin ( Just kidding )
- Gamer

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Notice how I am not in there...

Because you friendly. Granted, how much of friends we became was quite unexpected =p

I'll get to irl another day, I kinda promise.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Unexpected friends?
Okay, so one of my best friends was made when I ran into her. Pretty stereotypical. :P
Another friend of mine said she knew me from somewhere, though I didn't recognize her at all.
There was a person that randomly walked up to me and said "Hi! I don't know you!" We're sort-of friends..
And then there was this person that I annoyed by poking him in the head with a green marker because he annoyed me. Later, I was really bored so I went on Omegle and talked to this random person that seemed pretty awesome. And then, in a weird coincidence, it was that guy. We're pretty good friends now.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Manly, I met him on Bad Eggs Online and ever since then we became friends.

Storm, she's a rare case. We started hanging out ever since asked her if we could be friends on Everybody Edits.

IRL: I used to play on a soccer team in third grade and there was this one guy on my team I hated alot. 2 years later we had the same 5th grade class together and became great friends.

Those seem to be the only one's I can think of.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

my friend dylan, during sophomore year i always saw him but tbh i was kinda scared of him, but now hes like family

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Finaly someone who get the idea of the thread! Thanks Drink.

What i meant was:

Have you ever became friendly with a person, which is character is so diffrunte from your, which any other day you will avoid, but suddenly find yourself becomi g friend with?

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

One of my greatest friends became my friend because her brother was hanging out with my siblings, so they decided to have us meet, and at first I wasn't sure if I would like her or not, now, we've gotten used to each other and are comfortable talking about just about anything. we've been friends since around 4 to 5 years ago.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

Have you ever became friendly with a person, which is character is so diffrunte from your

That's exactly what happened in my case. I was at odds with someone who I didn't think I resembled or could get along with, but we ended up being best friends. I don't see how my original response wasn't spot on, let alone deserving of criticism.
FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

[/quote]Have you ever became friendly with a person, which is character is so diffrunte from your
happened to me, explained 2 posts up.

Showing 1-15 of 16