ForumsSupport Forum[Locked] Spiral Knights won't work

6 4174
Serrot
Serrot
2 posts
Nomad

So I have a windows 8 PC but I can't get on Spiral Knights; what's wrong?

• 6 Replies
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I believe Spiral Knights is a java game. Have you downloaded the latest java runtime environment? Also need to make sure your browser allows a third party app to run (or install).

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Boppins is correct.

To add, you'll need to allow JavaScript (note: not the same as Java) for spiralknights.com for the game to load.

You'll then need to allow JavaScript for threerings.net for the Java app to be called upon.

In Firefox that i'm on, this then calls on the Java Plugin 7 update 45 (SE7 U45), which for some months now at least (I believe. I think it had been marked safe again inbetween for a short bit) has been tagged as unsafe by Firefox, and so disabled by default.

Ergo, I am not allowing it. Use at your own risk, I'd say

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

this then calls on the Java Plugin 7 update 45 (SE7 U45), which for some months now at least ... has been tagged as unsafe by Firefox, and so disabled by default.

For the sake of completeness, the same goes for the Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.450.18 and then some, being tagged as unsafe and so disabled by default in Firefox.

I wasn't looking as closely before, and anyway I assume it's the plug-in that's at stake here, not the deployment thingie whatever.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

pps So looking into the backgrounds of it some more, I find it hard to say so have the Firefox folks found these plug-ins unsafe in combination with Firefox, or these versions or what are they of Java unsafe, per se?

Beats me. I know e.g. Internet Explorer I've never noticed being coy about its implementation, but maybe they have other ways of controlling or blocking it; or they're irresponsibly sloppy about it, or maybe Firefox have their heads up their you-know-where's.

Anyone knows, feel free to fill it in.

Erick12355855
Erick12355855
1 posts
Nomad

I CANT GET IN SPIAL KINGHT

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Please post in the main MMO thread about these issues so we have everybody in one post.

Showing 1-6 of 6