ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Is AG going downhill?

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 7, '13 at 12:52am

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,180 posts

The small-time independent roofing company

Oh, I was wondering how you became so gloriously muscled.

Posted Nov 8, '13 at 4:26pm

edem

edem

8 posts

Yes ... i mean obviously ... the site is in FREE FALLL

1. MMO games:
it's a good thing that AG supports MMO's for low end computers
IT IS A BAD THING AG SUPPORTS LOW QUALITY MMOS!
Seriously people .. i mean .... no decent MMO around here since The las stand Dead zone ..... if Battlestar Galactica online made it in here the it is a clear marker that the quality is going to CREPE!

2. increased amount of ads.
I'm fine with ad supported sites ... like 9gag ... and ad supported games like android stores .... BUT WHEN YOU HAND OUT MANDATORY 3 MINTE ADS YOU KNOW THAT YOU MESSED UP! honestly! why not 3 descrete ad windows on the side of the page? like 9 gag does

Personally , if i find an ad intrusive .. I DO NOT CLICK IT! no clicks no money AG! Keep that in mind!

3. Decreased game amount/quality?

Yeah ... when the site is going downhill .. and not just downhill but its going downhill because of a stupid , impulsive , agresive , greedy marketing ... game devs are honestly excused and encouraged to leave the sinking ship ... no reason to stay ....

I hope that armorgames was somehow , financially , hit and need extra cash to stay afloat ..... case in which they should either cut their loses and shut down or get their s**** together and attract clientele buy quality while they make money for other passive methods as lower profile ads and in game purchases that actually are worth it and don't mess the game experience for anyone.

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 1:52am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

And here we have a beautiful case of something called "an opinion". Take notes.

like 9gag

OMGZZ le 9gag ARMY!! XDDDDD lelelele dank meymeys so FUNNEH

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 1:57am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Yes ... i mean obviously ... the site is in FREE FALLL

I'm going to be frank. I can't tell if this is a sarcastic post, a troll post or a post from someone that hasn't been on the internet until a week ago.

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 3:42am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

DO NOT CLICK IT! no clicks no money AG! Keep that in mind!

Also..this isn't how ads word, fyi.

They don't pay based on clicks (albeit, they may pay MORE), but instead on just to have the space.

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 4:57pm

edem

edem

8 posts

... derp ... most ads actually work by pay per click .... specially adsense ... IF your site is not popular and not getting clicks or .... let's have it your way ... views ... its like saying the advertising company is paying for ANY ad space they see ....

ok .. let's say that is true ...
Now if AG goes as well as it did before ads it would be awesome .... many clicks and views .... but personally i don't check AG as often as i did before the ads ..... in fact ... besides this post and playing a few ... old .... favorite games ... i don't even look at the homepage anymore ...

So ... you say that the advertising company is going to pay the same for an ad space in the middle of new york as for an ad space in a cave somewhere in communist china?

True ... they get pay for ad space ...but without clicks the companies will do the same as they did to facebook .... not nuff customers coming from there .. pay less or pay no more ....

I'm going to be frank. I can't tell if this is a sarcastic post, a troll post or a post from someone that hasn't been on the internet until a week ago.

Mkay ... you win this one maybe not yet in freefall .... but if the ads go on liek they do .... it soon will be. sometimes i just don't want to wait 2 minutes to just skim trough a game for 30 seconds ... personally when i see another ad over the game window i close it .... not the ad .. the window .... and get back to 9 gag ... where by the way the memes ... THEY ARE FUNEHHHEHEHHEH XD

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 6:39pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

So ... you say that the advertising company is going to pay the same for an ad space in the middle of new york as for an ad space in a cave somewhere in communist china?

You obviously have no clue how ads work.

Next time you watch a sports game, notice the different ads and their locations around the stadium. That is ad space. The better the ad space, the more the cost (hence why ad space for Super Bowl commercials is upwards in the millions). If your site brings in a heavy stream of people, then you can barter for higher paying ad space, as the higher cost for that ad space would pay off with the heavy stream of people viewing your ad.

and get back to 9 gag ... where by the way the memes ... THEY ARE FUNEHHHEHEHHEH XD

OMGZZ le 9gag ARMY!! XDDDDD lelelele dank meymeys so FUNNEH

My previous comment still stands.

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 6:40pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

I meant your entire post, not just that line. I even said "post". I wasn't going to quote the entire post, so I took the first line.

Ads work by the company paying x amount to have a space on the website. That could be a banner ad, in-game, little box. I'm sure each one has different levels of price. They get to put an ad there in hopes of gathering clicks. Some companies pay a bit for each hit they get, others not so much.
The point is that not clicking an ad doesn't equal no ad revenue. How do you think YouTubers get money from their ads? People don't click every single ad. They get paid by the amount of people who see at least the min, time before being skipped. Granted, how YT and other websites deal with ads isn't going to be a one-to-one comparison. It merely gives an example of how ads can, and do, work.

Posted Nov 10, '13 at 11:35am

edem

edem

8 posts

mkay .... i see kilometric posts don't work.

AG before ads         = quality        = many users = many views = $
AG after ads&MMO= less quality=   less users = less views   = less $

less $ = downhill!

Posted Nov 10, '13 at 12:49pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,773 posts

Think you miss one point... its harder to get money in these days, even to get the same amount of money you must have more ways to gain money.
This is a general problem for all sites and the most simply have to go this way... and they do so.

Besides that, AG have (afaik) "only" this ible way to get money, some sites use some other, more invisible, ways (collect/sell datas, stuff like that) and some even add ads in games.