ForumsGamesLeague Of Legends vs DotA 2

6 13523
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

I'm sure if there already is a topic about this, so I'll just throw this our there!

Which game is "best"?
League Of Legends or DotA 2?

• 6 Replies
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

There is no "best" out of these two games, they are both good. They both have their significant differences, but both are exactly the same game play wise.

LoL has runes and masteries, and you have to buy your champions instead of getting them all for free, which makes me feel like LoL has more strategy out of game. But DOTA punishes you more for in game mistakes, has no recall and is kind of harder to deal with items. So you have to play safer and less aggressive.

What I find funny is that this is a topic Daleks and me argue about all the time on Skype, and this thread happened to come up.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i didnt like dota 1 nor its fan base so im staying away from 2, i tried to download LoL but even after it downloading over night it was stuck on 99% so i cant even play it

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

One fan base is children and the other are elitist snob know-it-all's. Pick your poison?

I prefer LoL, even though the its nothing but children crying I cannot stand the Dota2 community. Can't say nice things about the dota community in general, especially those stemming from wc3 days.

As far as the "better" game is concerned there is absolute no objective way to rule out the seemingly better one. That is, unless one of the games was a terrible basement monkey coded version with more bugs than the LoL client.
To truly say what game is better you have to experience both. It's like me saying, "food is GREAT because it tastes yummy." That doesn't help you at all discern what food is actually good to you because you may not like what I eat.

The only thing people need to be constantly reminded of: the origins of dota/moba games is Starcraft. That's where it was first conceived.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Hmm, a necro, post or not.

Might as well.

Heroes of the Storm, you're welcome.

~~~Darth Caedus

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I'm voting for Dota 2, because it's better. Why? It just is.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Hmm, a necro, post or not.

1) It was only 15 days between posts.

2) The post that "brought it back" contributed well to the thread..so doubly not necro.

-----

I'd go DoTa because people bother me less about it.
Showing 1-6 of 6