ForumsThe TavernLimited 'Armatars'

31 7788
ni0369
ni0369
7 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys!
Does anybody here got any of these armatars because I would like to see some of them

• 31 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

My Armatar is from the Ninja contest. It was made by kega.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I pray daily to my pagan ant gods that my armatar be removed from the armature list and that eventually everyone changes theirs so my avatar becomes 'special', because I am not planning on changing mine. Ever.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Mine is just a run of the mill regular armatar.

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Is the Armatar I have limited?

I just started here on AG after a year-and-a-half break.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

These are the types of armatars:

Standard Armatars: In the previous AG, these armatars were available either from the beginning or by earning Armor Points (which do not exist in the current AG). Some of these armatars are now available to everyone. However, those that had high AP requirements are limited to the users who unlocked them in the old AG. These high AP armatars will be subcategorized as Legacy Armatars.

Seasonal Armatars: These armatars are drawn by users (including mods and admins) for contests set up by the mods and admins. These contests were first run in 2008 and 2009, but they were then discontinued until late 2012. The contests can be found in the AMW. As for the armatars themselves, the best of them are released after the contest and are available to everyone for a limited time.

Custom Armatars: These armatars are drawn by admins to be used only by admins or developers. Since I am neither, I don't know the time period of availability.

Special Armatars: There are very few special armatars. Some are drawn by admins and act like seasonals but with their own time period. The others are either no longer available or serve a very special purpose. Currently, no special armatars can be selected, but a glitch may result in a "starry shield" armatar (which was previously used to indicate losing enough AP to re-lock the armatar you were using).

-------------------------------

Now some quote and response followed by a piece about my own armatar.

I pray daily to my pagan ant gods that my armatar be removed from the armature list and that eventually everyone changes theirs so my avatar becomes 'special', because I am not planning on changing mine. Ever.

There is nothing wrong with keeping an armatar forever. However, your armatar is a Standard Armatar, so it will never be removed from the list, because only seasonal and special armatars are removed.

Mine is just a run of the mill regular armatar.

Your armatar is not unique, but it is currently not selectable because it is a Seasonal Armatar that is not in the current season (which is CTC).

About My Armatar: I drew the armatar I am currently using for the CTC contest. While the current seasonals are from CTC, my armatar was removed from the list prematurely.

More Armatar-related News: There is an active Pirate contest, which should end soon, so prepare for a change in the available seasonal armatars.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Is the Armatar I have limited?

I just started here on AG after a year-and-a-half break.

Your armatar is a Legacy Armatar. Check my previous post for a definition.
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Alright, thanks for the answer, buddy!

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

There is nothing wrong with keeping an armatar forever. However, your armatar is a Standard Armatar, so it will never be removed from the list, because only seasonal and special armatars are removed.

It was a joke.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Mine was from the armatar contest from Bronze I believe, back in Christmas 2012. So not that long ago, although I think I'm the only active person on the forums right now using it. ( I believe Maverick switched)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Mine's a seasonal that I made last winter.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Your armatar is not unique

I know..that's what I said. Anyone can get mine.
gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Mine is an ordinary armatar that can be easily found on the armatar page.

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

I just realized that my armatar is now an endangered species. I created an endangered armatar species.

yey.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Mine's always been around. The extinction of the seasonal armatar breaks my heart, because I would have stuck with one of those for the purpose of singularity. Not that anyone really uses the owl, besides Zanto and Avrilicious back in the day.

Every Christmas I used the same one, some of you might remember, of a silhouette walking under a streetlight in the snow. I would KILL (not really) to get that one back...

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I remember I was always striving to get to 4.5k or something AP to get a certain alligator armatar. It's a shame that that certain armatar is gone.

Showing 1-15 of 31