ForumsProgramming ForumArtist, looking for VG job

7 5327
Raccoonwarlord
Raccoonwarlord
3 posts
Nomad

I really want to expand my portfolio by doing the art for a video game.
My email is RaccoonWarlord@gmail.com
I am available to work around the clock.
Here is some of my art, I think it would be great for video games.

http://darkkattstudio.deviantart.com/art/Assorted-full-body-characters-406983867

• 7 Replies
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Please don't take this personally, but...

Your art looks like it has no "style" to it. It looks pretty bland, like it was entirely made with the stroke tool in photoshop...

What I mean is usually art for a game has a certain style, like bubbly, over-cartoonish, pixel art, or even drawn in illustrator to make it look like some paper world or something.

And one of the major part of a good video game is appealing and great looking graphics... I look at yours and I don't see very appealing / eye-catching graphics. (not that im any good at making graphics, but just my opinion if you want to get hired for this type of stuff)

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I'd say gameplay matters over graphics, but I just love pixel styles and beautiful artwork complimenting the experience, so I couldn't recommend you to anyone.

Turbs
Turbs
3 posts
Shepherd

I am looking for an artist but i have to agree with the others above.
I do see a little of a style trying to peek out but it is to dark for the game I am making. If you want to do something in the way of looking for a person to work with you you need to offer a little in the way of everything. but your art tends to only fit one type of game.
If you would be willing to use other styles of art, I would consider you but if i don't think the art fits with the story then I wont use it i kinda picky over it

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I liked the card designs

Raccoonwarlord
Raccoonwarlord
3 posts
Nomad

After reading the comments,
I have made a new art gallery with more up to date art of mine.

[url=http://raccoonwarlord.wordpress.com/]

Raccoonwarlord
Raccoonwarlord
3 posts
Nomad

raccoonwarlord.wordpress.com[url=raccoonwarlord.wordpress.com]

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad
Showing 1-7 of 7