ForumsForum GamesRPG idea and help. (making an RPG: harder then it looks).

17 5909
benni369
benni369
328 posts
Shepherd

It is hard, you know, making an RPG. That is why I made this: a place where RPG creators can throw around Ideas and suggest ideas for a user's RPG.

Note: if this is on the wrong forum please tell me.

• 17 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

make it never ending

Hm, not always a good idea. Sure, it can be good for certain RPGs but take Matt's "The woods of the Pages". That RPG would never work at being endless. An example of an endless RPG would be a D&D-type.

always offer updates

Yes! Good GMs need to always be thinking of new ways to spice up their RPGs. But, the updates should be relevant to the setting of the RPG.

always draw maps

GMs should draw maps when they want to guide the player in the world, or if they want some PvP in there RPG. Personally, I attempt to draw a map for every RPG that I make. I like the organization.

always include a leveling system

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Some RPGs are just not intended for a level system. Lots of RPGs are, but you always have a good RPG that doesn't need it.

inventory is crucial

Yes. I haven't played a RPG where inventory is in someway not used. Inventory is very crucial, but you want to limit the player on how much they can hold.

try different genres until you get something that really works with you

Yes. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Grammar and spelling go hand-in-hand.

When a GM has bad grammar and spelling it just makes them look unprofessional. I never want to join a RPG or RP when the GM can't even spell correct or use good grammar.
Showing 16-17 of 17